Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Bipartisan Senate group proposes ‘no fly, no buy’ gun measure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-26-2018, 10:24 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]If the USA goes full bore reactionary, the blame will largely fall with the American people themselves, for how they voted and didn't vote. It could happen; Russia and Turkey recently voted in dictatorships for themselves.
Putin was unopposed. Russia is basically a dictatorship. Turkey is in the process of being turned back into a dictatorship.
(03-27-2018, 11:31 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2018, 09:43 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2018, 12:32 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]The NRA represents/ protects the rights of legal gun owners not the guns themselves...

That may have been true in the past, but now, they are all-in for the manufacturers.  Look at the legislation they support: legal indemnity for manufacturers, a ban on gun research, and, most telling, pushing the 2nd Amendment to whatever extremes they can reach.  It's all about the guns.
The gun manufactures are technically gun owners. The gun stores are technically gun owners as well. The gun dealers are technically gun owners as well. The issue isn't guns. The issue is mental health. So, the way I see it as a liberal, everyone who is associated with mental health (the mental heath industry, mental health treatment facilities, mental heath doctors and support staff, mental heath patients and those who are walking around untreated) is responsible every time a mass shooting occurs in America. It's all about mental health. Sounds silly, sounds crazy but that's the way liberals want America to view things.

Would you say the same about any other product?  I doubt it.  Odd, but mental health is the same in most advanced countries, but they seem to do just fine in the gun-death department.
(03-27-2018, 12:27 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2018, 10:24 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]If the USA goes full bore reactionary, the blame will largely fall with the American people themselves, for how they voted and didn't vote. It could happen; Russia and Turkey recently voted in dictatorships for themselves.

Putin was unopposed. Russia is basically a dictatorship. Turkey is in the process of being turned back into a dictatorship.

I would mark that QED.
(03-27-2018, 01:36 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Would you say the same about any other product?  I doubt it.  Odd, but mental health is the same in most advanced countries, but they seem to do just fine in the gun-death department.
I could if I were liberal. If I were liberal, I could blame pressure cookers, cars, knives, jet air planes or whatever item and ingredients that have been used for the purpose of murdering people and injuring people. BTW, Happy Birthday.
(03-27-2018, 03:28 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2018, 01:36 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]Would you say the same about any other product?  I doubt it.  Odd, but mental health is the same in most advanced countries, but they seem to do just fine in the gun-death department.
I could if I were liberal. If I were liberal, I could blame pressure cookers, cars, motor fuels, knives, jet air planes or whatever item and ingredients that have been used for the purpose of murdering people and injuring people. BTW, Happy Birthday.

Don't forget.... Feet! Dogs! Matches! Electricity! Medicine! Heck, school textbooks could make a deadly weapon.

Just about anything that has deadly force behind it -- even simple mass -- can be turned into an object of death. Even if we weren't violent people by nature, we college students were mistakes as targets of violent crime. We might have turned some college textbook into the classic blunt object. I don't know how often we encountered potential rapists or muggers... but we usually traveled in packs when in high-crime areas just off campus. The 18-year-old Asian woman who looked like a 14-year-old girl usually wasn't alone; a pair of big, tough white guys, fellow college students might be there. Contrary to the myth that the typical college student is a nerdy, cowardly weakling -- college students on the average are bigger and better fit than our non-college peers. We might not be experienced fighters, but it doesn't take much experience to win a fight -- as a pack. Yes, we could use college textbooks back in the 1970s for such a purpose.

She might have turned her car keys into claws that a bear or big cat might have envied. You know -- keys just between fingers? That's one way to fend off a rapist. Feminists loved to show that.

But this said... there wouldn't be a Kentucky Fried Chicken without a pressure cooker. Cars? Useful for driving a crime (or heart attack) victim to the hospital. Knives? Good for cutting flesh, whether of beef or of humans. Jet air craft? Wonderful way to get people away from genocide. Dogs? You had better behave yourself in their presence.
David gets a little less inhibited in this report Wink

This thread may become the David Hogg show ha ha

Laura Ingraham finds the Lord! Will Classic Xer?? lol

Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings chimes in! And "God" doesn't hold back!
Firing off at David Hogg has more consequences for dumb idiot broadcasters.

So far three advertisers have pulled spots from Jamie Allman’s radio show in St. Louis, following Allman’s graphic threat to “shove a redhot poker up David Hogg’s ass” last week. The three are Palm Health, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, and the Gellman Team, a real estate company.

PALM Health
@PalmHealthSTL
Replying to @kevinsmurray
This is a most unfortunate situation and what has taken place is contrary to PALM Health's core values. We have contacted the radio station not only to voice our concern, but we have also stopped advertising on Jamie Allman's show.
2:41 PM - Apr 6, 2018
130 people are talking about this

RepStaceyNewman
@staceynewman
5 Apr
I insist @RuthsChris pull your ads on #AllmanInTheMorning @971FMTalk. He has attacked Parkland FL & Parkway Schools STL students in obscene vulgar social media remarks. STOP being complicit. @ProgWomen

Ruth's Chris

@RuthsChris
Thanks @staceynewman for bringing this to our attention. Upon further investigation, our franchise partner has stopped its advertising. Thank you again for your concern.
11:00 AM - Apr 6, 2018
18 people are talking about this

RepStaceyNewman
@staceynewman
People, your voices work!@TheGellmanTeam has responded to the cruel attacks on kids by #JamieAllman on @971FMTalk. Pulling their $$$.

Great work, @drewmanshow @ProgWomen
Sign Petition here to remove more companies - https://bit.ly/2Eq3J23
10:11 AM - Apr 6, 2018
125 people are talking about this

The week is young, there should be a lot more.
Here's that great speaker I didn't know before, his name is Matt Post.

A future leader!
Great interview with ma man! @ 4:41

Who's a bitch, and whose 15 minutes is up? Whazzup? Let's all make sure we know what's singular or plural before we demand gun control! Otherwise how can we continue to count all those victims and all those guns?

Globalists need to stop trying to control everyone. If you think liberal democracy is the natural way, then allow open governance so that such can be proven.
(04-03-2018, 10:43 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]This thread may become the David Hogg show ha ha

Laura Ingraham finds the Lord! Will Classic Xer?? lol

Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings chimes in! And "God" doesn't hold back!
Well, I ain't Laura Ingram. Laura doesn't have a set of balls like me. I don't have to please a bunch of advertisers. Is he all you got to run on? Hey, if you ever run into the dude, tell him that Classic would be interested in having a realistic discussion with him about his right to own a gun some day and talk about the caliber of the group of people that he has foolishly chosen to align himself with as well. You see, the crazy fucker wouldn't have made it into a school that I owned like the crazy fucker made it into the cheap public school that he was stuck in by loving parents who must not have cared much about school security despite all the shooting that have occurred across the country over the last few decades.
(04-15-2018, 02:33 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Who's a bitch, and whose 15 minutes is up? Whazzup? Let's all make sure we know what's singular or plural before we demand gun control! Otherwise how can we continue to count all those victims and all those guns?

I like this guy. He doesn't seem to take shit from anyone.
(04-12-2018, 04:41 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Great interview with ma man! @ 4:41

He's a dumb ass (a bitch). A dumb ass (a want to be bitch) chooses a side. A dumb ass (a bitch) directly associate themselves with that side and stays close to that side for protection . A dumb ass ( a bitch) attacks politicians and prominent people associated with the other side. A dumb ass claims to be bipartisan on the issue that he's now directly associated with whether he intended to be begin with or not.
(04-12-2018, 03:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

A future leader!

Another idiot who doesn't understand that the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of AMERICAN voters ( 66 million for sure). What blues decide as far as their 2nd Amendment rights will be left for the blues to decide themselves. What monuments blues decide are relevant to them and their future will be left to them to decide among themselves as well. The blues should have about 5-10 years to figure out what's valuable to them and what's not before the violence and the chaos begins separating the country.
(04-16-2018, 02:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Another idiot who doesn't understand that the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of AMERICAN voters ( 66 million for sure). What blues decide as far as their 2nd Amendment rights will be left for the blues to decide themselves. What monuments blues decide are relevant to them and their future will be left to them to decide among themselves as well. The blues should have about 5-10 years to figure out what's valuable to them and what's not before the violence and the chaos begins separating the country.

...yeah, sure -- and people who do not consider their duty to risk being murdered because the NRA effectively protects the criminals' and lunatics' prerogative to get guns easily are somehow less American because they don't share that belief.

This is as absurd as saying that one is less an American because one is not a fan of the New York Yankees, except that the consequences are more serious.
(04-16-2018, 06:38 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2018, 02:37 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]Another idiot who doesn't understand that the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment rights of millions of AMERICAN voters ( 66 million for sure). What blues decide as far as their 2nd Amendment rights will be left for the blues to decide themselves. What monuments blues decide are relevant to them and their future will be left to them to decide among themselves as well. The blues should have about 5-10 years to figure out what's valuable to them and what's not before the violence and the chaos begins separating the country.

...yeah, sure -- and people who do not consider their duty to risk being murdered because the NRA effectively protects the criminals' and lunatics' prerogative to get guns easily are somehow less American because they don't share that belief.

This is as absurd as saying that one is less an American because one is not a fan of the New York Yankees, except that the consequences are more serious.

Somehow, the blues have confused helpless and safe?  It has been a long time since the blue culture has included responsibility for personal self defense.
The definitive solution is a less violent, more life-affirming culture.