Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Maelstrom of Violence
(01-17-2021, 05:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: "Then this clown decided that packing in Congress was her right." I copied this article because it's hard to read at its site.

I can actually see her point of view. Can the right to bear arms be infringed? Can you by law set up non Constitution zones?

Not to say that modern arms were foreseen by the Founding Fathers. There is a need for compromise. But the Constitution as written says the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Is there a legitimate reason for a Senator or Representative having a firearm in the Capitol building? Are violent events common?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-17-2021, 10:58 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Is there a legitimate reason for a Senator or Representative having a firearm in the Capitol building? Are violent events common?
Didn't you hear? Washington DC isn't a safe place to be/live right now and the Capitol building was recently taken over by an angry mob? Oh, there are also concerns about some soldiers trying to stage a coup as well. Man, everyone on the Left has their panties up in a bunch and worried Biden's inauguration that most of America won't waste their time watching anyways. I don't see what the problem is with her not being able to carry a gun for self defense. Of, the Left and their fear of Americans having the right to defend themselves from tyrannical government like the one we are waiting on to be sworn in a few days. So, how many racist blacks and other minorities do we have in Congress and working for Left Wing media outlets right now? Any idea? We see a lot of them who are free to spew racist rhetoric these days. I'd want to be able to carry a gun in an environment with so many white people haters. Fortunately, most of America doesn't care about the color of skin that a RACIST person has these days and it won't be long before the double standard is either ignored or eliminated by laws. Oh, you are white right? What's a white person like you doing supporting racist minorities these days? Don't you know that you could get hurt doing that these days?
Capitol police did their job in giving Congress a chance to leave for a safe location. Personal firearms are of no help in such a case.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-17-2021, 04:37 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 03:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Lets be clear, the Left undermined the entire political/electoral process and made a big mess and further weakened the integrity of the entire system that most of them are reliant upon one way or another. Yes, the changes and the illegality associated with Biden/Harris election could be swept under the rug/covered up and pass Constitutional muster if the Democrats were to expose their guilt of association/involvement by doing as they threatened/promised and eliminating the filibuster and pack the court with Obama minded judges and cause more violence and place their own lives at even more risk than today. Dude, America is going to turn against the Democrats and when it does there isn't anything the dip shits in power can do to stop it. American troops will join with the American side.  

Keep in mind, I don't care if you're forced to vacate and starve or freeze to death or decide to off yourself or are assassinated or executed by American revolutionaries. The American Revolutionaries weren't nice to the Tories or the British army or the British governors. I can see that you have a devious mind  and you are able to rationalize and go along with criminal/unlikable/unthinkable  activity as a means to serve your own interests. Well, that's fine with me, it helps to build a moral case for the removal of all of you by all/any means possible and strengthens ability to do so with a clean conscience and garner the full support of millions upon millions  of more traditional minded Americans. Welcome to the 4T.

The pretense of massive voter fraud is a big lie.  Trump has had lots of time to present the evidence, but hasn't.  He is fifty plus loses to one one (quite valid) win in court cases.  No suggestion that the supposed systematic fraud existed was presented in court as lying to a judge can get you disbarred.  The red news withdrew their reporting in the face of a defamation suit.  Still, Trump triggered an insurrection in an attempt to prevent the last mostly ceremonial step in the certification process.  I think he could have gained the few extra hours by having them object to a few more states and saved the need for an impeachment.  Congress sped things up when they reconvened, finalizing the process in a quicker manner than the insurgency cause a delay.  The states had already determined that there were no faithless electors.  Anyone could do the math, had done the math.  Pence's final announcement gave no surprise.  All Trump did was put an exclamation point on how he will go down in history and to throw some of his more extreme supporters under the bus.  I suppose he guaranteed employment for a few prosecutors, but that's it.

It is the red violent organizations such as the Proud Bois, QAnon, and a few militias that are into criminal / unlikeable / unthinkable activity.  Their activities, supported by Trump, did build a moral case for the removal of the criminal violent element by any means possible.

Welcome to the 4T.  The federal regeneracy comes Wednesday.
The federal regeneracy is going to fall flat on its face. Trump had less than a month to try and prove the impossible pertaining to mass voter fraud. The Supreme Court decided it was best for them to remain neutral. You better get your facts straight because the Democrats are the only game in town and the only group left to blame at this point. We may decide to keep it that way and leave the party for the barbarians to finish off. Welcome to the 4T. The beginning of the end of the Democratic party as a whole starts this Wednesday.
(01-18-2021, 12:17 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Capitol police did their job in giving Congress a chance to leave for a safe location. Personal firearms are of no help in such a case.
Another qualified person with a firearm wouldn't hurt either. What is it with Democratic women and their fear of women gun owners these days? Why do they get their panties up in bunch when a real American woman who can think for herself, provide for herself and even defend herself is in the same room with them. I'm sorry but the Democratic women act like a bunch of stuck up insecure "C" words.
(01-17-2021, 10:58 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Is there a legitimate reason for a Senator or Representative having a firearm in the Capitol building? Are violent events common?

Irrelevant. If you believe in the Constitution and rule of law, the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed. Now if you want to sit down and rewrite the Constitution, the above could reasonably change.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-18-2021, 12:54 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The federal regeneracy is going to fall flat on its face. Trump had less than a month to try and prove the impossible pertaining to mass voter fraud. The Supreme Court decided it was best for them to remain neutral. You better get your facts straight because the Democrats are the only game in town and the only group left to blame at this point. We may decide to keep it that way and leave the party for the barbarians to finish off. Welcome to the 4T. The beginning of the end of the Democratic party as a whole starts this Wednesday.

It is the Democrats who are being asked to prove a negative, that there was no voter fraud.  All they can do is ask for the evidence of it.  No evidence, and you have to assume no fraud.  This was the basis for the fifty plus wins in court and for the red press's retreat on reporting the fraud existed.

It is Trump and the Republicans that have been in power for the last four years.  If we are in a mess, they are generally to blame.

The federal regeneracy starts Wednesday.  As I gave Trump most of a year as a honeymoon, I will give Biden a similar time.  From the look of it though, he intends to solve problems.  This is typical.  The unravelling selfishness and refusal to solve problems usually vanishes come the crisis heart.  The conservative values fade.  That is what history tells us.  I for one will be happy to see the 4T happen.
(01-17-2021, 05:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The right-wing seeks to impose a totalitarian, fascist, racist dictatorship on the country, and they have found a leader in Trump they can rally behind, and 140 House members and 8 senators did their bidding. I don't favor violence to exclude right-wingers from our country, but I hope the people have sense enough to vote out the Republicans and send their party into oblivion. To think they are a viable opposition party, is to agree with right-wing goals: racism, trickle-down economics, militarism and super-patriotism, environmental destruction, ridiculous gun rights, religious fundamentalism used against women, gays and non-christians, and so on. I disagree. Today's right wing must be defeated, and the Republican Party must ditch it or go away, and be replaced with a different opposition party, or better yet a multi-party parliamentary republic like all advanced democracies have. Those who advocate terror and violence must be de-platformed, regardless of which faction they support.
The left-wing seems to be in position to do that in a few days. I see the racist blacks are chomping at the bit. I mean, there aren't enough of them to worry about but they're chomping at the bit. The oligarch's seem to have rubbed out the Conservatives right to free speech and eliminated what's left of the free press as well. Oh, the biassed media is ready to go too. Everyone's just waiting for Biden and his token VP to be sworn and make it official.
(01-18-2021, 01:51 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The left-wing seems to be in position to do that in a few days. I see the racist blacks are chomping at the bit. I mean, there aren't enough of them to worry about but they're chomping at the bit. The oligarch's seem to have rubbed out the Conservatives right to free speech and eliminated what's left of the free press as well. Oh, the biassed media is ready to go too. Everyone's just waiting for Biden and his token VP to be sworn and make it official.

While some social media companies have over reacted in response to blocking criminal activity, this is not the same as free speech.  For example, has your speech been limited in any way?  Have any of our three moderators deleted your opinions?  Could you see yourself getting in trouble quick if you opened a thread to plan a criminal action?

By the way, Parlor is back.  They have found a domain provider who is less worried about criminal activity.
(01-18-2021, 01:51 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 05:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The right-wing seeks to impose a totalitarian, fascist, racist dictatorship on the country, and they have found a leader in Trump they can rally behind, and 140 House members and 8 senators did their bidding. I don't favor violence to exclude right-wingers from our country, but I hope the people have sense enough to vote out the Republicans and send their party into oblivion. To think they are a viable opposition party, is to agree with right-wing goals: racism, trickle-down economics, militarism and super-patriotism, environmental destruction, ridiculous gun rights, religious fundamentalism used against women, gays and non-christians, and so on. I disagree. Today's right wing must be defeated, and the Republican Party must ditch it or go away, and be replaced with a different opposition party, or better yet a multi-party parliamentary republic like all advanced democracies have. Those who advocate terror and violence must be de-platformed, regardless of which faction they support.

The left-wing seems to be in position to do that right now. Oh well, let the 4T begin in earnest. Well, there's a portion of the GOP ( what's left of the establishment) that's on its way out the door. I heard that 89% of the Republican base still supports Trump. So, Cheney and her group and some Senators may have no other choice than to switch parties and take their chances with the Democrats or face elimination in 2022. We can't have two faced politicians that we can longer trust/rely on when the chips are down representing our interests as a party. We'll do you a favor and demote McConnel too. I think we are ready to give the Democrats the power to do  something stupid that triggers an American War.

Suppose that I owned a deer rifle (which goes with being a sports hunter... which adds to the fiction) and were approaching a bank. Would I be in a position in which to rob the bank? Sure. Does that mean that I would? Hell, no!  I'm not going to risk what I enjoy in life, including deer hunting, to do a dumb crime. Bank robbery is a really dumb crime. Few people do it without getting caught fast.  The typical bank robber is a drug addict looking for the cash for a fix. 

Well, the American Left -- whatever that is -- is not going to throw away whatever chance to remake America through some pointless violence. The fascistic Right has done that, and we have an obvious lesson in why such is a bad idea if we had any question of such.  I don't know how you get the idea that the Left is racist... projection?

The 4T began in earnest twelve years ago as the economy started to look to be in the decline stage resembling that of 1930. We got to the equivalent of early 1931, which is just before the devastating bank runs, and through some wise choices of political leaders we avoided the horrible analogue of late 1931 and the dreadful year 1932.  We are entering the end stage. To be sure, Crisis Eras do not all look alike. Germany, Italy, and Japan will not be at war with us, we won't have a civil war over slavery, and we have no colonial power against which to seek independence through war. This one is different. Supposedly, coups do not happen in America -- until this one did.

If 89% of the Republican base still supports Trump, then that means that if Donald Trump were to get another nomination he would end up with perhaps 42% of the vote in 2024. A political clone of Donald Trump... the "My Pillow" guy seems to be similarly nutty and politically knowledgeable -- would get a similar result to Trump in 2024, if likely the result splits 53-46. 

If some current Republicans in states that Democrats do not now win switch Parties... then that will work out well for Democrats in 2022 and 2024.  Two-faced? They have some principles, and their Party made those principles incompatible with what has been their Party.  

Please note: "America" is not all one culture, at least meaning the culture that you think it is. Heck, I am listening to some music that  is not American in the least. Franz Schubert wrote it. Most of my relatives hate classical music. I can choose something that they despise without fear. 

OK, you are probably not going to like the political trends of the next two, and possibly four years. I suggest that you consider listening to some classical music. Here's a radio station that plays much classical music:

https://www.wfmt.com/

(01-17-2021, 08:44 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 05:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: "Then this clown decided that packing in Congress was her right." I copied this article because it's hard to read at its site.

I can actually see her point of view.  Can the right to bear arms be infringed?  Can you by law set up non Constitution zones?

Not to say that modern arms were foreseen by the Founding Fathers. There is a need for compromise.  But the Constitution as written says the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Bob, we couldn't disagree more on this issue.  Note the unique quality of the 2nd Amendment in clarifying the justification for the "right to bear arms", then find another example of a similar justification elsewhere in the document. That can't be an accident.  So ignoring the need to arm the militia just to extend the "right" to everyone is illogic at its worst.  Eventually, that will be noted in a reversal similar to others that have occurred from time to time.  But even now, the right is not absolute -- none are.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-18-2021, 12:54 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The federal regeneracy is going to fall flat on its face. Trump had less than a month to try and prove the impossible pertaining to mass voter fraud. The Supreme Court decided it was best for them to remain neutral. You better get your facts straight because the Democrats are the only game in town and the only group left to blame at this point. We may decide to keep it that way and leave the party for the barbarians to finish off. Welcome to the 4T. The beginning of the end of the Democratic party as a whole starts this Wednesday.

Massive voter fraud can't be easily hidden, so yes, one month was more than enough time to find evidence -- any evidence -- yet none was found.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-18-2021, 01:09 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:17 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Capitol police did their job in giving Congress a chance to leave for a safe location. Personal firearms are of no help in such a case.

Another qualified person with a firearm wouldn't hurt either. What is it with Democratic women and their fear of women gun owners these days? Why do they get their panties up in bunch when a real American woman who can think for herself, provide for herself and even defend herself is in the same room with them. I'm sorry but the Democratic women act like a bunch of stuck up insecure "C" words.

I didn't realize she had trained in a law enforcement academy. My bad. Tongue

The left-wing seems to be in position to do that in a few days. I see the racist blacks are chomping at the bit. I mean, there aren't enough of them to worry about but they're chomping at the bit. The oligarch's seem to have rubbed out the Conservatives right to free speech and eliminated what's left of the free press as well. Oh, the biassed media is ready to go too. Everyone's just waiting for Biden and his token VP to be sworn and make it official.

That's actually funny.  But note: there is no right to slander or lie in general. There is also a strict prohibition against incitement. Here's a perfect example: FoX News had to pay for it's slander of Seth Rich, but mandated that the apology and payment stay secret until the day after the election.  Note: it didn't work.
(01-18-2021, 12:16 PM)David Horn Wrote: Bob, we couldn't disagree more on this issue.  Note the unique quality of the 2nd Amendment in clarifying the justification for the "right to bear arms", then find another example of a similar justification elsewhere in the document. That can't be an accident.  So ignoring the need to arm the militia just to extend the "right" to everyone is illogic at its worst.  Eventually, that will be noted in a reversal similar to others that have occurred from time to time.  But even now, the right is not absolute -- none are.

No right guarantees the ability to harm another or violate another's rights. Is there another limit you would place on rights? Can you give an example?
(01-18-2021, 02:54 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 12:16 PM)David Horn Wrote: Bob, we couldn't disagree more on this issue.  Note the unique quality of the 2nd Amendment in clarifying the justification for the "right to bear arms", then find another example of a similar justification elsewhere in the document. That can't be an accident.  So ignoring the need to arm the militia just to extend the "right" to everyone is illogic at its worst.  Eventually, that will be noted in a reversal similar to others that have occurred from time to time.  But even now, the right is not absolute -- none are.

No right guarantees the ability to harm another or violate another's rights.  Is there another limit you would place on rights?  Can you give an example?

Our disagreement runs much deeper.  I don't see a modern "right to bear arms" because the reason for one in the past no longer exists today.  We now rely on professional policing and military organizations to provide the services originally provided by militias.  Even more to the point, an antiquated view of "arms" in no way covers the kind of firepower we can bring to bear using modern weapons. That's not to say that ownership and use of firearms should be prohibited.  I don't think that's true either. But restrictions on weaponry should not be construed to be limited by a constitutional right-- especially one that has no purpose in the modern age. We have rational restrictions on everything that can do harm. Firearms have no other purpose, so they should more than qualify.  At some point, that much more rational view will be validated again, and this period of full rights will be considered an aberration.

That's all for later. For now, let's lean hard on Scalia's version of a limited right, and agree that this in no way mandates a hands-off approach in sensitive situations. The floor of the Congress is certainly one, as is every court house and other government space where activities are being performed that can and do inflame passions. People should not be intimidated by armed "citizens" when they are going about their work.  I'm just as adamant about guns in bars, at sporting events and in public spaces where families go with their children.
(01-18-2021, 03:12 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 02:54 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

No right guarantees the ability to harm another or violate another's rights.  Is there another limit you would place on rights?  Can you give an example?

Our disagreement runs much deeper.  I don't see a modern "right to bear arms" because the reason for one in the past no longer exists today.  We now rely on professional policing and military organizations to provide the services originally provided by militias.  Even more to the point, an antiquated view of "arms" in no way covers the kind of firepower we can bring to bear using modern weapons. That's not to say that ownership and use of firearms should be prohibited.  I don't think that's true either. But restrictions on weaponry should not be construed to be limited by a constitutional right-- especially one that has no purpose in the modern age. We have rational restrictions on everything that can do harm. Firearms have no other purpose, so they should more than qualify.  At some point, that much more rational view will be validated again, and this period of full rights will be considered an aberration.

That's all for later. For now, let's lean hard on Scalia's version of a limited right, and agree that this in no way mandates a hands-off approach in sensitive situations. The floor of the Congress is certainly one, as is every court house and other government space where activities are being performed that can and do inflame passions. People should not be intimidated by armed "citizens" when they are going about their work.  I'm just as adamant about guns in bars, at sporting events and in public spaces where families go with their children.

So in short you believe in rights when they do no harm, when they do not curtail other's rights, or when nobody has another opinion?
(01-18-2021, 12:54 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 04:37 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 03:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Lets be clear, the Left undermined the entire political/electoral process and made a big mess and further weakened the integrity of the entire system that most of them are reliant upon one way or another. Yes, the changes and the illegality associated with Biden/Harris election could be swept under the rug/covered up and pass Constitutional muster if the Democrats were to expose their guilt of association/involvement by doing as they threatened/promised and eliminating the filibuster and pack the court with Obama minded judges and cause more violence and place their own lives at even more risk than today. Dude, America is going to turn against the Democrats and when it does there isn't anything the dip shits in power can do to stop it. American troops will join with the American side.  

Keep in mind, I don't care if you're forced to vacate and starve or freeze to death or decide to off yourself or are assassinated or executed by American revolutionaries. The American Revolutionaries weren't nice to the Tories or the British army or the British governors. I can see that you have a devious mind  and you are able to rationalize and go along with criminal/unlikable/unthinkable  activity as a means to serve your own interests. Well, that's fine with me, it helps to build a moral case for the removal of all of you by all/any means possible and strengthens ability to do so with a clean conscience and garner the full support of millions upon millions  of more traditional minded Americans. Welcome to the 4T.

The pretense of massive voter fraud is a big lie.  Trump has had lots of time to present the evidence, but hasn't.  He is fifty plus loses to one one (quite valid) win in court cases.  No suggestion that the supposed systematic fraud existed was presented in court as lying to a judge can get you disbarred.  The red news withdrew their reporting in the face of a defamation suit.  Still, Trump triggered an insurrection in an attempt to prevent the last mostly ceremonial step in the certification process.  I think he could have gained the few extra hours by having them object to a few more states and saved the need for an impeachment.  Congress sped things up when they reconvened, finalizing the process in a quicker manner than the insurgency cause a delay.  The states had already determined that there were no faithless electors.  Anyone could do the math, had done the math.  Pence's final announcement gave no surprise.  All Trump did was put an exclamation point on how he will go down in history and to throw some of his more extreme supporters under the bus.  I suppose he guaranteed employment for a few prosecutors, but that's it.

It is the red violent organizations such as the Proud Bois, QAnon, and a few militias that are into criminal / unlikeable / unthinkable activity.  Their activities, supported by Trump, did build a moral case for the removal of the criminal violent element by any means possible.

Welcome to the 4T.  The federal regeneracy comes Wednesday.

The federal regeneracy is going to fall flat on its face. Trump had less than a month to try and prove the impossible pertaining to mass voter fraud. The Supreme Court decided it was best for them to remain neutral. You better get your facts straight because the Democrats are the only game in town and the only group left to blame at this point. We may decide to keep it that way and leave the party for the barbarians to finish off. Welcome to the 4T. The beginning of the end of the Democratic party as a whole starts this Wednesday.

The Regeneracy may be nigh. We are going to see the repudiation of much political craziness all at once. Difference that results from ethnicity, religion, gender, gender preference, class, and region will be tolerated. Sheer craziness will be mocked and disregarded, if not suppressed. 

We can all be glad that the Regeneracy isn't America joining together under a Trump banner. We generally recognize how close we were to having a serious blow-up in the Capitol, especially if members of Congress had been killed.

(01-18-2021, 02:50 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

The left-wing seems to be in position to do that right now. Oh well, let the 4T begin in earnest. Well, there's a portion of the GOP ( what's left of the establishment) that's on its way out the door. I heard that 89% of the Republican base still supports Trump. So, Cheney and her group and some Senators may have no other choice than to switch parties and take their chances with the Democrats or face elimination in 2022. We can't have two faced politicians that we can longer trust/rely on when the chips are down representing our interests as a party. We'll do you a favor and demote McConnel too. I think we are ready to give the Democrats the power to do  something stupid that triggers an American War.

Suppose that I owned a deer rifle (which goes with being a sports hunter... which adds to the fiction) and were approaching a bank. Would I be in a position in which to rob the bank? Sure. Does that mean that I would? Hell, no!  I'm not going to risk what I enjoy in life, including deer hunting, to do a dumb crime. Bank robbery is a really dumb crime. Few people do it without getting caught fast.  The typical bank robber is a drug addict looking for the cash for a fix. 

Well, the American Left -- whatever that is -- is not going to throw away whatever chance to remake America through some pointless violence. The fascistic Right has done that, and we have an obvious lesson in why such is a bad idea if we had any question of such.  I don't know how you get the idea that the Left is racist... projection?

The 4T began in earnest twelve years ago as the economy started to look to be in the decline stage resembling that of 1930. We got to the equivalent of early 1931, which is just before the devastating bank runs, and through some wise choices of political leaders we avoided the horrible analogue of late 1931 and the dreadful year 1932.  We are entering the end stage. To be sure, Crisis Eras do not all look alike. Germany, Italy, and Japan will not be at war with us, we won't have a civil war over slavery, and we have no colonial power against which to seek independence through war. This one is different. Supposedly, coups do not happen in America -- until this one did.

If 89% of the Republican base still supports Trump, then that means that if Donald Trump were to get another nomination he would end up with perhaps 42% of the vote in 2024. A political clone of Donald Trump... the "My Pillow" guy seems to be similarly nutty and politically knowledgeable -- would get a similar result to Trump in 2024, if likely the result splits 53-46. 

If some current Republicans in states that Democrats do not now win switch Parties... then that will work out well for Democrats in 2022 and 2024.  Two-faced? They have some principles, and their Party made those principles incompatible with what has been their Party.  

Please note: "America" is not all one culture, at least meaning the culture that you think it is. Heck, I am listening to some music that  is not American in the least. Franz Schubert wrote it. Most of my relatives hate classical music. I can choose something that they despise without fear. 

OK, you are probably not going to like the political trends of the next two, and possibly four years. I suggest that you consider listening to some classical music. Here's a radio station that plays much classical music:

https://www.wfmt.com/
American culture is a diverse culture of people who recognize each other as Americans and view each other as individuals for the most part. You don't represent America culture. You represent a member of a group of people associated with a wing of the Democratic party.  Whether Trump runs or not should be his choice to make after finishing his 1st term in office. Like I said, the Democrats are the only game in town right now and whatever bad happens, whatever violence occurs as a result, whatever problem gets out of hand will be directly attributed to them. I doubt they were elected to grab power and piss of more Americans than they can handle and screw things up and make matters worse here like they did in the Middle East and Libya and portions of the country like the last time they were given the reigns. The GOP (what's left of the previous establishment) was banking on a couple of Senate victories that the new Republican base sacrificed as a means to teach them a lesson about power and punish them for colluding with the Democrats. I have no love/respect for the Democrats than they do at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden is using a racial narrative to obscure the class character of police violence Einzige 10 3,248 04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence pbrower2a 3 3,645 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a