Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability
(02-09-2021, 12:34 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 11:50 PM)Einzige Wrote: Your both morons subservient to the capitalist class, but do as you please.
I'm not subservient to the capitalist class.
You are subservient to the manufacturing and extractive capitalists represented by the Democratic Party*.
(02-08-2021, 11:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: The Republican Party has gone from being a mainstream Party with a fascist fringe to being a fascistic Party with a mainstream relic. Nixon miscalculated about the desirability of the white Southern racists in his Party. In 1980, 1984, and 1988 that was good for landslide wins of the Presidency and big gains in the Senate as Dixiecrats joined the Party of Lincoln while holding their nose about Lincoln.

The only party that I see ignoring the ignoring/trashing the Constitution, representing/defending foreign interests and doing whatever it can to undermine the rule of law is the Democratic party these days. You have Liz Cheney and that's it. Once she's out of the way. there will be no rules to save idiots like you from us. (rambling screed excised)

So what was the Party whose supporters stormed the Capitol Building so that they could nullify a Presidential election? That is how many dictatorships come into being. You saw the Trump banners and the Confederate flags, didn't you?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(02-09-2021, 12:39 AM)Einzige Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 11:50 PM)Einzige Wrote: Your both morons subservient to the capitalist class, but do as you please.
You are subservient to the manufacturing and extractive capitalists represented by the Democratic Party*.

You're not speaking to a Democratic supporter or someone heavily banking on the success of the Democratic party or someone reliant upon the Democratic party for something or another. The Democrats haven't figured out that it's going a lot more than a cheap political victory to break the will of the American people who voted for Trump and turn America into a passive Democratic run society where no one has the right to question some ditz/ dip shit with a college degree who works for the New York Times or some racist moron with a college degree who works for CNN or some darker skinned Congressional moron/imbecile with a college degree who works for US taxpayers and some old rich white cunt from San Fransisco who has a college degree works for us too. I bet you get a chance to see a 4 Trillion Dollar economy cancelled by American culture and get a chance see what can happen to some arrogant billionaires and some arrogant Democratic politicians with big mouths too.
(02-09-2021, 01:47 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

You're not speaking to a Democratic supporter or someone heavily banking on the success of  the Democratic party or someone reliant upon the Democratic party for something or another. The Democrats haven't figured out that it's going a lot more than a cheap political victory to break the will of the American people who voted for Trump and turn America into a passive Democratic run society where no one has the right to question some ditz/ dip shit with a college degree who works for the New York Times or some racist moron with a college degree who works for CNN  or some darker skinned Congressional moron/imbecile with a college degree who works for US taxpayers  and some old rich white cunt from San Fransisco who has a college degree works for us too. I bet you get a chance to see a 4 Trillion Dollar economy cancelled by American culture and get a chance see what can happen to some arrogant billionaires and some arrogant Democratic politicians with big mouths too.

Republican* party.
(02-09-2021, 01:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 07:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: The Republican Party has gone from being a mainstream Party with a fascist fringe to being a fascistic Party with a mainstream relic. Nixon miscalculated about the desirability of the white Southern racists in his Party. In 1980, 1984, and 1988 that was good for landslide wins of the Presidency and big gains in the Senate as Dixiecrats joined the Party of Lincoln while holding their nose about Lincoln.

The only party that I see ignoring the ignoring/trashing the Constitution, representing/defending foreign interests and doing whatever it can to undermine the rule of law is the Democratic party these days. You have Liz Cheney and that's it. Once she's out of the way. there will be no rules to save idiots like you from us. (rambling screed excised)

So what was the Party whose supporters stormed the Capitol Building so that they could nullify a Presidential election? That is how many dictatorships come into being. You saw the Trump banners and the Confederate flags, didn't you?
So, what was the Party whose supporters burned down portions of several cities, destroyed private property and participated in all kinds of violence including the murder of Trump supporters and police officers for several months before a group of angry people stormed the US Capital and got you're panties all up in a bunch? Guess what, you partisan piece of shit hack, peoples panties don't get all up in a bunch when they've been watching the same shit going on all over the country for several months.
(02-09-2021, 02:05 AM)Einzige Wrote:

You're not speaking to a Democratic supporter or someone heavily banking on the success of  the Democratic party or someone reliant upon the Democratic party for something or another. The Democrats haven't figured out that it's going a lot more than a cheap political victory to break the will of the American people who voted for Trump and turn America into a passive Democratic run society where no one has the right to question some ditz/ dip shit with a college degree who works for the New York Times or some racist moron with a college degree who works for CNN  or some darker skinned Congressional moron/imbecile with a college degree who works for US taxpayers  and some old rich white cunt from San Fransisco who has a college degree works for us too. I bet you get a chance to see a 4 Trillion Dollar economy cancelled by American culture and get a chance see what can happen to some arrogant billionaires and some arrogant Democratic politicians with big mouths too.

Republican* party.
The Republican party can't win without us and Trumps base and Liz Cheney has no political or financial sway over either group of voters. So, the current concentration/consolidation of wealth and power should remain exclusively on the Democratic side for the next four years.
(02-09-2021, 02:50 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 02:05 AM)Einzige Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:34 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm not subservient to the capitalist class.

Republican* party.
The Republican party can't win without us and Trumps base and Liz Cheney has no political or financial sway over either group of voters. So, the current concentration/consolidation of wealth and power should remain exclusively on the Democratic side for the next four years.

The all serve factions of the same team, dude.
(02-09-2021, 02:19 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 01:15 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

So, what was the Party whose supporters burned down portions of several cities, destroyed private property and participated in all kinds of violence including the murder of Trump supporters and police officers  for several months before a group of angry people stormed the US Capital and got you're panties all up in a bunch? (further insults excised -- and you will be reported for that) 

First of all, I never wear panties. I am the wrong gender for that.

Second, the people who did the looting and other illegal acts at the time of Black Lives Matters rallies were not participants. Some of the people caught were white people associated with far-right causes attempting to provoke violence and destruction. I do not care about the ethnicity of assaulters, vandals, and looters at a political demonstration: they then become criminals. Black Lives Matters is about reducing the violence within police work against black people, and it is not a call for lax law enforcement. Consider that much of the video evidence of criminal deeds comes from people who came with video devices to record any police brutality and instead turned their video upon criminal deeds and then turned the video over to police and prosecutors. Ask most Black Lives Matters supporters what they would do if they say a crime in progress, and... they would call the police. 

We all know that if one pulls a gun on a cop one might as well expect to die. It's better that way.

Third, the politically-connected violence now seems largely to be that of the Right, whether by neo-Nazis and wannabe Confederates who mow down synagogues, a Jewish community center, or a historically African-American church -- or by the politicized rioters who stormed the Capitol Building. Get your facts straight, because if you don't you might be gulled into doing something unconscionable.

Not that I like such stuff, I did not see any Soviet or Khmer Rouge flags in the Capitol building. There were no "Che" shirts". There were Trump banners -- did you ever see Obama banners in the Capitol building in the time? Some people brought in Confederate flags, which would have been quite unwelcome at one time. I saw references to "Qu Qlux Qlanon" on some attire. 

This attack on the US Capitol resembles the Bolsheviks storming the Winter Palace in 1917 or Nazis staging their Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 more than anything else in American history. That is not how to do democracy. These people committed multiple crimes, from breaking the windows of the Capitol, attacking the Capitol police (two of whom died), breaking into offices of Senators or Representatives, risking the exposure of classified information, and stealing federal property as souvenirs. The objective was to disrupt a lawful transition of power. So they believed the President who could not accept the validity of official results just because he disliked those? Donald Trump can roast in Hell for that.

When law enforcement does its job well, I have no complaints. I hate crime and violence, whether by some street thug or by a despot who abuses pariahs and dissidents. Trump was beginning to show signs of becoming a dictator or despot. The rule of law is back in fashion! 

The 2020 Presidential election was one of the cleanest in America, and so far as human agency went, it was the cleanest. What was dirty? COVID-19, which made in-person voting on Election Day too dangerous for many. I've seen the analyses and even made my own. All explain why Trump lost. As it turns out, the vote of college-educated white people hemorrhaged severely from 2016 to 2020 even though the election wasn't as bad as one might have expected for other Republicans. It was Trump personally, largely for his lack of personal integrity.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

You have that One Note Samba on heavy rotation. You might try a few other arguments too.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-09-2021, 12:26 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You seem to be ignoring that as the American right (the Republican base) has been moving the Republicans further to the right, the Left has been been moving the Democratic party further to the left to the point where the Democratic Party is barely recognizable as an American party these days. So, which side that's controlled by ideological zealots is going nuts these days?  So, how many crazy left wing women are going to directly participate in the war that they start with America? You are now in very dangerous territory and we won't be fighting over slavery this time. We'll be fighting over a country vs a foreign regime that you either f-d up and elected or wanted. I can tell you this, the Left is going to lose and the Democratic side is going to be destroyed in the process.

The GOP has certainly continued it's rightward trend, and that's saying something considering how far right the party is already. The Dems are moving left, but, as I pointed out on another thread, they are still to the right of center in contrast to other left parties in the advanced world. And let's get real.  The warrior class is on the right -- male and female.  Just look at the idiots in Michigan as a prime example.

I fail to understand the cowardice of the chest-thumping Right, when they are only out in public when armed to the teeth.  Are we really all that scary?  BOO!
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-09-2021, 02:02 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:26 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You seem to be ignoring that as the American right (the Republican base) has been moving the Republicans further to the right, the Left has been been moving the Democratic party further to the left to the point where the Democratic Party is barely recognizable as an American party these days. So, which side that's controlled by ideological zealots is going nuts these days?  So, how many crazy left wing women are going to directly participate in the war that they start with America? You are now in very dangerous territory and we won't be fighting over slavery this time. We'll be fighting over a country vs a foreign regime that you either f-d up and elected or wanted. I can tell you this, the Left is going to lose and the Democratic side is going to be destroyed in the process.

The GOP has certainly continued it's rightward trend, and that's saying something considering how far right the party is already. The Dems are moving left, but, as I pointed out on another thread, they are still to the right of center in contrast to other left parties in the advanced world. And let's get real.  The warrior class is on the right -- male and female.  Just look at the idiots in Michigan as a prime example.

I fail to understand the cowardice of the chest-thumping Right, when they are only out in public when armed to the teeth.  Are we really all that scary?  BOO!

Indeed so. BOO to you, Classic Xer!

I think Biden is getting real. Real enough, long enough? We will see. I think getting the minimum wage through is essential. A bad report by an official agency went with the reactionary myth that it costs jobs. What jobs? Jobs that don't pay virtually anything? No, raising wages will put more money in peoples' pockets so they can buy more and keep businesses that have raised wages going! Why don't people get that? It's not that hard. But the Republicans today put down people who think and see beyond the establishment line and call them the elite! Then they vote for the real elite every time!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

You're not speaking to a Democratic supporter or someone heavily banking on the success of  the Democratic party or someone reliant upon the Democratic party for something or another. The Democrats haven't figured out that it's going a lot more than a cheap political victory to break the will of the American people who voted for Trump and turn America into a passive Democratic run society where no one has the right to question some (misogynistic smear excised)  with a college degree who works for the New York Times or some racist moron with a college degree who works for CNN  or some darker skinned Congressional moron/imbecile with a college degree who works for US taxpayers  and some old rich white (vile word excised!) from San Fransisco who has a college degree works for us too. I bet you get a chance to see a 4 Trillion Dollar economy cancelled by American culture and get a chance see what can happen to some arrogant billionaires and some arrogant Democratic politicians with big mouths too.

Einzige is speaking to someone aligned with mirror-image Marxists, the sorts of people who see capitalism much like a Marxist sees capitalism. The difference between you and Einzige is that you endorse the monstrosity that Einzige and I both excoriate. I see merits in a market economy, economic competition, open opportunity for starting businesses, and a political order that supplies people with the means of participating fully in a capitalist system that achieves the equity of socialism without the tyranny of tycoons and bureaucratic elites. Personal freedom, which means living without fear of a despotic leader, and economic efficiency may be worth some inequality that arises from natural differences in competence, effort, and personal sacrifice. 

It is not necessary to kill, exile, or dispossess people who have firm belief in the idea that no human suffering can ever be in excess so long as it supports the power, indulgence, and gain of people as bereft of conscience as they are unbelievably-rich in assets. It is enough that such people cannot enforce their sick dreams (a nightmare for most Americans) as the social norm. 

If Marxist socialism does not work, then we can at least have Capitalism with a Human Face.

(02-09-2021, 01:56 PM)David Horn Wrote:

You have that One Note Samba on heavy rotation. You might try a few other arguments too.

I concur. Maybe he will take me on.

Better yet he might spin some records by Antônio Carlos Jobim!

(02-10-2021, 03:05 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

You're not speaking to a Democratic supporter or someone heavily banking on the success of  the Democratic party or someone reliant upon the Democratic party for something or another. The Democrats haven't figured out that it's going a lot more than a cheap political victory to break the will of the American people who voted for Trump and turn America into a passive Democratic run society where no one has the right to question some (misogynistic smear excised)  with a college degree who works for the New York Times or some racist moron with a college degree who works for CNN  or some darker skinned Congressional moron/imbecile with a college degree who works for US taxpayers  and some old rich white (vile word excised!) from San Fransisco who has a college degree works for us too. I bet you get a chance to see a 4 Trillion Dollar economy cancelled by American culture and get a chance see what can happen to some arrogant billionaires and some arrogant Democratic politicians with big mouths too.

Einzige is speaking to someone aligned with mirror-image Marxists, the sorts of people who see capitalism much like a Marxist sees capitalism. The difference between you and Einzige is that you endorse the monstrosity that Einzige and I both excoriate. I see merits in a market economy, economic competition, open opportunity for starting businesses, and a political order that supplies people with the means of participating fully in a capitalist system that achieves the equity of socialism without the tyranny of tycoons and bureaucratic elites. Personal freedom, which means living without fear of a despotic leader, and economic efficiency may be worth some inequality that arises from natural differences in competence, effort, and personal sacrifice. 

It is not necessary to kill, exile, or dispossess people who have firm belief in the idea that no human suffering can ever be in excess so long as it supports the power, indulgence, and gain of people as bereft of conscience as they are unbelievably-rich in assets. It is enough that such people cannot enforce their sick dreams (a nightmare for most Americans) as the social norm. 

If Marxist socialism does not work, then we can at least have Capitalism with a Human Face.
I have nothing in common with either of you at this point. As far as I'm concerned, you guys can fight over whatever is left of the Democratic empire.

Well, there are quite a few armed thugs/criminals/violent people who have no values or respect for others who are now directly associated with the Left and the Democratic party these days. So, what you see is a sample of what you're in for now that concept of so called unity is gone? Personally speaking, I'd walk over and show Nancy what real life violence is like and see how well she responds to being punched in the face and teach her the double standard that she's accustomed to receiving or applying doesn't exist in the real world.
(02-10-2021, 04:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:05 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 12:34 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm not subservient to the capitalist class.

I have nothing in common with either of you at this point. As far as I'm concerned, you guys can fight over whatever is left of the Democratic empire.

You have more in common with pbrower than I do. You both want to preserve the market economy. I want it abolished.
(02-10-2021, 09:19 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Well, there are quite a few armed thugs/criminals/violent people who have no values or respect for others who are now directly associated with the Left and the Democratic party these days. So, what you see is a sample of what you're in for now that concept of so called unity is gone? Personally speaking, I'd walk over and show Nancy what real life violence is like and see how well she responds to being punched in the face and teach her the double standard that she's accustomed to receiving or applying doesn't exist in the real world.

After everything that's been presented by the Impeachment Managers, you still think it's a Democrat problem, then you're hopeless.  Work of warning though.  Threats directed at government officials will be taken much more seriously under Biden than they were under Trump.
(02-12-2021, 10:31 AM)David Horn Wrote:  Threats directed at government officials will be taken much more seriously under Biden than they were under Trump.
That doesn't/wouldn't surprise me knowing their insecure mentality. I expect that they'll continue to overreact and overreach and continue to further alienate and divide as well.
(02-10-2021, 12:48 PM)Einzige Wrote: You have more in common with pbrower than I do. You both want to preserve the market economy. I want it abolished.
PB has more in common with you than you think. All the Marxists would have to do is continue to provide for PB and PB would be cool with Marxism.
(02-13-2021, 12:28 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 12:48 PM)Einzige Wrote: You have more in common with pbrower than I do. You both want to preserve the market economy. I want it abolished.
PB has more in common with you than you think. All the Marxists would have to do is continue to provide for PB and PB would be cool with Marxism.

PB would provide in turn. It's just that the definition of provision, decoupled from things that have monetary value today such as direct production, could largely be anything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,441 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 348 89,026 03-11-2022, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Biden's approval rating hits new low in latest Quinnipiac poll chairb 0 608 10-18-2021, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Trump hits new low in approval poll nebraska 108 25,740 03-02-2021, 05:07 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Approval Ratings Meaningless jleagans 2 1,176 02-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  BBC Video... Donald Trump and the MAFIA pbrower2a 2 1,810 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Congress Approval Rating Hits Lowest Point of Trump Era 1948 0 1,668 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1948
  Polling suggests people are losing trust in Trump as his approval ratings decline nebraska 0 1,393 01-20-2018, 03:21 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Trump’s Approval Rating is Tanking to New Lows as His Base Falls Apart nebraska 0 1,243 12-31-2017, 09:06 PM
  More than 200 new laws win Pence approval nebraska 0 1,231 12-28-2017, 09:17 PM