Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-15-2016, 12:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 11:32 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 02:17 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Intelligent people do not welcome violence. However, intelligent people are able to accept and deal with violence once violence becomes a regular thing associated with American politics. BTW, I don't use education as a proxy for intelligence. I'm not that foolish. BTW, I'm not foolish enough to tie my boat to a ship full of clueless idiots with college degrees with a cargo hold that's filled to max with social charity cases.

Charity begins at home. Social programs protect everyone, and regular folks need the protections liberal government provides against the bosses who exploit and fire them or not hire them in the first place. And from Donald Trump and his ilk, who want to fire them. Who made "you're fired" a famous phrase? It's no accident. That's what The Donald and his kind do to us.
If I was a Democrat, I would have fired someone like you a long time ago. I would've fired Hilary for breaking the trust that is needed to effectively govern and function as one body. If I was the owner of the 4T, I would have subjected you to the same rules and standards as everyone else. I would not have allowed a group of knee jerk liberals to take it over and destroy the integrity of the forum.  I've fired a lot of people for various reasons. I've fired lazy people preferred to screw around more than work. I've fired trouble makers. I've fired people for doing stupid things like repeating the same mistakes. I've fired people for breaking common sense rules like no stealing or no use company assets/property for the benefit of oneself. I've fired whites, blacks and Hispanics. I've fired family members and friends. I've fired business partners. I've fired men and women. I judge people the same regardless of their race or gender. Does Trump really want to be President? Does Trump really want to deal with all the petty liberal/conservative bullshit that has been plaguing America? Don't know but we are going to find out soon enough.

It must be sad, Classic, to be part of a declining group that an expanding majority of Americans are telling  -

You're fired!

Keep those meds handy; you're going to need them.
[Image: tumblr_obwuzhH7fh1s02vreo1_500.gif]

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...2689703737
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 12:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: If I was a Democrat, I would have fired someone like you a long time ago. I would've fired Hilary for breaking the trust that is needed to effectively govern and function as one body. If I was the owner of the 4T, I would have subjected you to the same rules and standards as everyone else. I would not have allowed a group of knee jerk liberals to take it over and destroy the integrity of the forum. I've fired a lot of people for various reasons. I've fired lazy people preferred to screw around more than work. I've fired trouble makers. I've fired people for doing stupid things like repeating the same mistakes. I've fired people for breaking common sense rules like no stealing or no use company assets/property for the benefit of oneself. I've fired whites, blacks and Hispanics. I've fired family members and friends. I've fired business partners. I've fired men and women. I judge people the same regardless of their race or gender. Does Trump really want to be President? Does Trump really want to deal with all the petty liberal/conservative bullshit that has been plaguing America? Don't know but we are going to find out soon enough.

But you would never be a Democrat. You think mainstream opinions among Democrats are extreme positions, when it is your positions that represent extremist Republicans. You would be no more likely than Ted Cruz to be a Democrat (even though your social/cultural views are not quite as right-wing as his).

Sounds like you have fired a lot of people. I don't quarrel with your reasons, but notice that Trump wants to fire people just because they are of a different group than him, and give free rein to the bosses who want to exploit them by paying them less money.

People who get fired may have made mistakes. Often they are fired just because the boss doesn't like them, or because they want to employ cheap labor abroad or machines at home. In any case, there needs to be safety net programs of various kinds instead of survival of the fittest. Do you want our society to be civilized, or a jungle? There but for the grace of God go you, or I.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 09:29 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 10:35 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I want to be around problem solvers. People effective at problem solving are generally intelligent.

You clearly don't get it.  In the Readings according to Saint Reagan, it is revealed that the government cannot solve problems.  Attempting to solve problems merely increases corruption and taxation.  People who attempt to solve problems are the problem.  

Go solve yourself.  Wink
Has government solved any REAL problems lately? Has government stopped a major flood or a hurricane lately? Reagan was right, government cannot solve problems when it's tied up with its own problems that are related to corruption, the improper use of tax payer money and regulatory powers. The day is coming liberal. The day that you will forced to chose between my values and the ones you've been clinging to your entire life. Are you ignoring Milwaukee or are you adding it to the spiral we've been experiencing as a society. Pardon me for being blunt, I don't want to a politically tainted progressive involved with actual problem solving because they to take a not so good situation or already tense situation and make it worse with their emotional stupidity and lack of sound judgement.
[Image: 14045753_1713235568937134_74659608587083...e=58473894]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 12:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Has government solved any REAL problems lately? Has government stopped a major flood or a hurricane lately?
It's helped victims of those disasters, hasn't it? Would you rather it didn't?

That's not to mention that fact that had Ronald Reagan not taken down the solar panels from the White House (and incidentally Carter been allowed to start us on the road to alternative energy), a lot of these weather disasters might not be happening, because climate change/global warming would not be as severe as it is now after 36 years of Republican mis-rule of our country. So yes, in fact, the government CAN stop major floods and hurricanes! We can still stop some, if Democrats win.

Quote: Reagan was right, government cannot solve problems when it's tied up with its own problems that are related to corruption, the improper use of tax payer money and regulatory powers.
Reagan didn't say government is the problem because of those reasons. He said government is the problem because social programs don't work and cost businesses too much money. He said it didn't work because he said trickle-down economics works better, because it means lower taxes for the wealthy.

The solution to corrupt government is more participation by the people, demanding that government be ethical and beholden to the people. Now, look at which party puts justices on the Supreme Court who uphold dominance of money in politics. Citizens United decision: 5 Republicans yes, 4 Democrats no. It could not be clearer. Democrats oppose corruption, Republicans support it and want more of it.

Quote: The day is coming liberal. The day that you will forced to chose between my values and the ones you've been clinging to your entire life. Are you ignoring Milwaukee or are you adding it to the spiral we've been experiencing as a society. Pardon me for being blunt, (but) I don't want to be a politically tainted progressive involved with actual problem solving because they take a not so good situation or already tense situation and make it worse with their emotional stupidity and lack of sound judgement.

Anyone who thinks less government is the solution to problems, does not have sound judgement. Government and laws are necessary, even if not sufficient.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 12:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Has government solved any REAL problems lately? Has government stopped a major flood or a hurricane lately? Reagan was right, government cannot solve problems when it's tied up with its own problems that are related to corruption, the improper use of tax payer money and regulatory powers. The day is coming liberal. The day that you will forced to chose between my values and the ones you've been clinging to your entire life. Are you ignoring Milwaukee or are you adding it to the spiral we've been experiencing as a society. Pardon me for being blunt, I don't want to a politically tainted progressive involved with actual problem solving because they to take a not so good situation or already tense situation and make it worse with their emotional stupidity and lack of sound judgement.

Could you expand your list of talking points a bit?  I'm not the liberal.  I'm the cyclical history fan.

When Reagan first started implementing his programs, I was more or less with him.  The Democrats had been holding undisputed power in Congress too long.  I don't think that is a problem anymore.  

I never did like voodoo economics, the theory that by cutting taxes one could improve the economy to the point that income to the government would increase even with the lower tax rates.  That never worked in practice.  The attempt resulted in ballooning deficits.  Not everything Reagan did worked.

But over all, given the unravelling mood, Reagan did the right things for his time.  LBJ had taken tax and spend too far for too long.  The many failures during the 1970s reduced the sense that the US could successfully throw money at any problem.  Crisis thinking -- working together for the common good and be willing to make sacrifices -- can not and should not be sustained indefinitely.

From my point of view, there are two ways the government might help the economy.  If there isn't enough money available to finance innovation and expansion, supply side stimulus tries to make such money available.  You take from the poor to give to the rich.  Thing is, this is absolutely useless when there is no difficulty rising money for expansion and innovation.  If interest rates are low, if floating new stocks isn't difficult, if there is a huge division of wealth where the robber barons already have more money than they can find good investments for, then supply side stimulus is at best worthless.  At worst...

If the common folk haven't got enough money to buy stuff, it isn't profitable to make stuff.  At such times you want to take from the rich to give to the poor.  This isn't just a matter of dollars and cents moved through tax rates.  It is also a matter of providing services desperately needed.  Rebuild infrastructure.  Provide handicapped access to schools.  Provide healthcare to individuals who would otherwise be totally ruined by assured medical costs.  There is lots of stuff that is desperately needed if one of the many flaws in the current society lands like a ton of bricks on a typical family.

Right now we have an absurdly historically high division of wealth.  So long as that division of wealth is at absurd levels, there is room to help the People.  This doesn't mean we ought to go back to LBJ and beyond, spending in excess, with corruption and not particularly effectively.  Still, the division of wealth is so absurdly high that pushing for more supply side policy taking from the poor to give to the rich is beyond absurd.

Red and Blue partisans take many conflicting positions to opposing extremes.  As I see it, there are times in history and times in the cycles when getting close to either extreme might be a prudent and wise move.  The Red and Blue value systems came into existence and became strong for good reason.  Each worked at different times.  They helped this group or that at different times.  It is hardly surprising that this group or that would become fond of one set of values or the other and push for extreme policies that favor them at all times.

I see this as particularly stupid and dangerous.  Understandable?  Certainly.  Still, stupid and dangerous.

Bushes 41 and 43 demonstrated how badly the Reagan memes work out of season.  When the Robber Barons already benefit from absurdly historically high division of wealth, take more from the poor to give more to the rich?  The result was disastrous.  It would be disastrous again if pushed again.  We are at a point in time where we don't need to make more money available for investment.  We need to insert money directly into Main Street, make it available to the common folk, and do so doing useful things like rebuilding infrastructure, providing health care and providing education.

Right now, given the current real world state of the economy and the more abstract state of the S&H cycles, I am leaning towards the liberals.  Still, you don't seem to be listening.  I'm not a full time liberal who will push for ever more extreme liberal policies regardless of the state of the economy and the cycles.  The goal should not be to push for one extreme, the same extreme, regardless of what is happening in the real world.  The goal ought to be to figure out which party has had too much influence lately and has pushed their ideals beyond the point of reason and time of season.  The goal is to find a proper balance in the middle, to flame at whichever set of extreme partisans are hurting America, to base one's position during a given time on the reality of what is going on at that time.

Now, I've tried to say this many a time in many ways.  I don't think you are capable of understanding it.  You are so married to one particular approach to partisan thinking that you can't comprehend any other way of looking at problems.  In this you are not alone.  Total commitment to partisan thinking is more the norm than unusual.

But I'm vaguely hoping that some other readers aren't as stuck in their thinking.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
One of the best make-fun-of-trump artists, no doubt: Here's Johnny!

Part 2:

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 12:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 12:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: If I was a Democrat, I would have fired someone like you a long time ago. I would've fired Hilary for breaking the trust that is needed to effectively govern and function as one body. If I was the owner of the 4T, I would have subjected you to the same rules and standards as everyone else. I would not have allowed a group of knee jerk liberals to take it over and destroy the integrity of the forum.  I've fired a lot of people for various reasons. I've fired lazy people preferred to screw around more than work. I've fired trouble makers. I've fired people for doing stupid things like repeating the same mistakes. I've fired people for breaking common sense rules like no stealing or no use company assets/property for the benefit of oneself. I've fired whites, blacks and Hispanics. I've fired family members and friends. I've fired business partners. I've fired men and women. I judge people the same regardless of their race or gender. Does Trump really want to be President? Does Trump really want to deal with all the petty liberal/conservative bullshit that has been plaguing America? Don't know but we are going to find out soon enough.

But you would never be a Democrat. You think mainstream opinions among Democrats are extreme positions, when it is your positions that represent extremist Republicans. You would be no more likely than Ted Cruz to be a Democrat (even though your social/cultural views are not quite as right-wing as his).

Sounds like you have fired a lot of people. I don't quarrel with your reasons, but notice that Trump wants to fire people just because they are of a different group than him.
True, I'm not Democratic material. FDR wouldn't be Democratic material today. I'd have to dumb down quite a bit, emotionally move backwards, degrade myself and reduce my integrity in order to fit in or cop the liberal me be greater than you attitude, the uppity Democratic attitude and associate myself with old Democratic memes and past moments of glory and achievements pertaining to distant people and a distant time with harsher rules, harsher environments, harsher punishments, harsher treatment and harsher views as they relate to different people.
Is this the Trump method, or that of the whole Republican Party?

[Image: 13906816_1713000232294001_86413663584044...e=581DC3EF]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 01:50 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 12:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 12:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: If I was a Democrat, I would have fired someone like you a long time ago. I would've fired Hilary for breaking the trust that is needed to effectively govern and function as one body. If I was the owner of the 4T, I would have subjected you to the same rules and standards as everyone else. I would not have allowed a group of knee jerk liberals to take it over and destroy the integrity of the forum.  I've fired a lot of people for various reasons. I've fired lazy people preferred to screw around more than work. I've fired trouble makers. I've fired people for doing stupid things like repeating the same mistakes. I've fired people for breaking common sense rules like no stealing or no use company assets/property for the benefit of oneself. I've fired whites, blacks and Hispanics. I've fired family members and friends. I've fired business partners. I've fired men and women. I judge people the same regardless of their race or gender. Does Trump really want to be President? Does Trump really want to deal with all the petty liberal/conservative bullshit that has been plaguing America? Don't know but we are going to find out soon enough.

Sounds like you have fired a lot of people. I don't quarrel with your reasons, but notice that Trump wants to fire people just because they are of a different group than him.
True, I'm not Democratic material. FDR wouldn't be Democratic material today. I'd have to dumb down quite a bit, emotionally move backwards, degrade myself and reduce my integrity in order to fit in or cop the liberal me be greater than you attitude, the uppity Democratic attitude and associate myself with old Democratic memes and past moments of glory and achievements pertaining to distant people and a distant time with harsher rules, harsher environments, harsher punishments, harsher treatment and harsher views as they relate to different people.

I don't get that one; FDR wouldn't be a Democrat today? He'd be all in favor of weakening his own programs, like Social Security? I'm amazed you can psycho-analyze liberal Democratic attitudes so clearly that you can attribute them to Democrats today but not Democrats yesterday. So what was FDR's "attitude" when he "welcomed" the hatred of the wealthy and powerful critics of his programs? And how is that less of an "attitude" than what Bernie or Hillary say? Say what, now?

We'll keep our sleeves rolled up, no thank you very much. No thank you, government by organized money!

Hey, if we have better ideas than you do, why shouldn't we say so? I know you want to go backward to harsher times, and legislate that into reality by repealing what FDR and LBJ passed. But you think real Democrats support that? No, you can't make your vision of Democrats over into a new Republican image; sorry, that wouldn't work even on a makeover TV show. That's like calling the color blue "red" and hoping we are all colorblind.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Daily News Bin seems honest as far as I can tell from a glance.

Amid Russian payoff scandal, Donald Trump’s daughter goes on vacation with Putin’s girlfriend
By Daily News Bin | August 14, 2016 | 13
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/amid-ru...end/25663/

On the same day that one major news outlet uncovered millions of dollars of illegal cash payments flowing from a puppet of Russian President Vladimir Putin to the campaign manager of Donald Trump, another major news outlet discovered that Trump’s daughter Ivanka is currently on vacation with Putin’s girlfriend. The combination of scandals has made for an explosive fallout in the hours since the news broke.

Late on Sunday evening, the New York Times exposed that current Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort received more than twelve million dollars in off-the-books bribes from then-Ukranian President Viktor Yanukovych, who was essentially running a Russian puppet government. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who was fired and replaced by Manafort three months ago, was seen gloating at the news on Twitter. That led another Trump surrogate, Roger Stone, to begin randomly and nonsensically accusing Lewandowski of being in bed with Hillary Clinton, even as it was becoming clear that Manafort was in bed with Putin.

The scandal was set to ruin Donald Trump’s week one way or the other, as he’ll now be forced to prove to Americans voters that he’s not a bought-and-paid-for Putin operative like his campaign manager appears to be. But the optics could not be worse for Trump, as People Magazine also reported on Sunday that his daughter Ivanka Trump is in the midst of a sightseeing trip in Croatia with Wendi Deng Murdoch, who according to US Weekly is the girlfriend of Vladimir Putin.

That leaves Donald Trump with so many fires to put out, so many people to fire, so few people who could possibly want to take their place as his campaign nosedives, and such little room for explaining away his own apparent ties to Putin and Russia, that he may be heading into the worst week for his campaign to date. After the stunningly damaging manner in which this past week has played out for Trump and his campaign, one might have thought that wasn’t possible.

#1 headline on google news today:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/15/politics/c...rt-report/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/ivanka-t...irlfriend/

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 12:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Has government solved any REAL problems lately? Has government stopped a major flood or a hurricane lately? Reagan was right, government cannot solve problems when it's tied up with its own problems that are related to corruption, the improper use of tax payer money and regulatory powers. The day is coming liberal. The day that you will forced to chose between my values and the ones you've been clinging to your entire life. Are you ignoring Milwaukee or are you adding it to the spiral we've been experiencing as a society. Pardon me for being blunt, I don't want to a politically tainted progressive involved with actual problem solving because they to take a not so good situation or already tense situation and make it worse with their emotional stupidity and lack of sound judgement.

My city got 1000-year floods 3 springs in a row not too long ago, and "the government" did a lot of things to help fight the flood, including sending in the national guard and FEMA.

You are a mental midget who doesn't comprehend that the government helps you in some way every fucking day.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
And in fact as I pointed out in my edit of my earlier post,
http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...ml#pid7248
in fact government CAN stop some floods and hurricanes, if Democrats, who believe in science, are elected instead of climate change science deniers like Trump and most other Republicans.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Trump is a stand-up comedian. We knew that. That's why this thread exists. Presidents have to be entertaining, right? We want JFK back, right? That's all that counts now in the mass media age. The entertainment that a president can provide us on our TV set. Trump of course owes everything to the guys he blames for his problems.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I think I posted this on the last forum. Still funny today. Let's have America's first African president, says an African!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-15-2016, 03:35 PM)Odin Wrote:

My city got 1000-year floods 3 springs in a row not too long ago, and "the government" did a lot of things to help fight the flood, including sending in the national guard and FEMA.

You are a mental midget who doesn't comprehend that the government helps you in some way every fucking day.
Did government solve the issue of flooding your city or does the issue of flooding your city still remain? As far as the government response, as a long time taxpayer of your state and the nation that you currently live in, I'm happy to hear that the government response that was supported by my state and federal tax dollars was considered adequate and appreciated.
(08-15-2016, 02:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Daily News Bin seems honest as far as I can tell from a glance.

Amid Russian payoff scandal, Donald Trump’s daughter goes on vacation with Putin’s girlfriend
By Daily News Bin | August 14, 2016 | 13
http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/amid-ru...end/25663/

On the same day that one major news outlet uncovered millions of dollars of illegal cash payments flowing from a puppet of Russian President Vladimir Putin to the campaign manager of Donald Trump, another major news outlet discovered that Trump’s daughter Ivanka is currently on vacation with Putin’s girlfriend. The combination of scandals has made for an explosive fallout in the hours since the news broke.

Late on Sunday evening, the New York Times exposed that current Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort received more than twelve million dollars in off-the-books bribes from then-Ukranian President Viktor Yanukovych, who was essentially running a Russian puppet government. Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who was fired and replaced by Manafort three months ago, was seen gloating at the news on Twitter. That led another Trump surrogate, Roger Stone, to begin randomly and nonsensically accusing Lewandowski of being in bed with Hillary Clinton, even as it was becoming clear that Manafort was in bed with Putin.

The scandal was set to ruin Donald Trump’s week one way or the other, as he’ll now be forced to prove to Americans voters that he’s not a bought-and-paid-for Putin operative like his campaign manager appears to be. But the optics could not be worse for Trump, as People Magazine also reported on Sunday that his daughter Ivanka Trump is in the midst of a sightseeing trip in Croatia with Wendi Deng Murdoch, who according to US Weekly is the girlfriend of Vladimir Putin.

That leaves Donald Trump with so many fires to put out, so many people to fire, so few people who could possibly want to take their place as his campaign nosedives, and such little room for explaining away his own apparent ties to Putin and Russia, that he may be heading into the worst week for his campaign to date. After the stunningly damaging manner in which this past week has played out for Trump and his campaign, one might have thought that wasn’t possible.

#1 headline on google news today:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/15/politics/c...rt-report/

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/ivanka-t...irlfriend/
It's going to be interesting to see if Putin uses the dirt that he has on Hilary to destroy her as a candidate or whether he holds on to it and uses it to control her as President. I know what I would do knowing Hilary's type, I would hold on to it and use it to control her.
(08-15-2016, 11:05 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: It's going to be interesting to see if Putin uses the dirt that he has on Hilary to destroy her as a candidate or whether he holds on to it and uses it to control her as President. I know what I would do knowing Hilary's type, I would hold on to it and use it to control her.

This seems sillier than your usual, which is going some.

Since Clinton 42's time, the Republicans have been trying to use scandals to make political points.  They have come to believe their own lies, that the stories they concoct are somehow associated with truth, and that people who haven't bought in fully to the Republican value set will believe them.  It isn't that Clinton is so much the Teflon Man because none of the Republican scandals ever stuck.  It's that the Republican attempts at scandals were so pathetic.

Plan A.  Hope a scandal rises up to hurt a Clinton.  Lotsa luck with that.

At least this time the hope is that it isn't a Republican that creates the scandal?  You're hoping the Kremlin will do it for you?

In the real world, the greater scandal is a Republican candidate who is running with the support of a foreign autocratic power...  the Kremlin yet.  I suspect that a certain True Republican, one who was close to the heart of the GOP back in his time, Senator Joe McCarthy, would be rolling over in his grave.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(08-15-2016, 12:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 09:29 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 10:35 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I want to be around problem solvers. People effective at problem solving are generally intelligent.

You clearly don't get it.  In the Readings according to Saint Reagan, it is revealed that the government cannot solve problems.  Attempting to solve problems merely increases corruption and taxation.  People who attempt to solve problems are the problem.  

Go solve yourself.  Wink
Has government solved any REAL problems lately? Has government stopped a major flood or a hurricane lately? Reagan was right, government cannot solve problems when it's tied up with its own problems that are related to corruption, the improper use of tax payer money and regulatory powers. The day is coming liberal. The day that you will forced to chose between my values and the ones you've been clinging to your entire life. Are you ignoring Milwaukee or are you adding it to the spiral we've been experiencing as a society. Pardon me for being blunt, I don't want to a politically tainted progressive involved with actual problem solving because they to take a not so good situation or already tense situation and make it worse with their emotional stupidity and lack of sound judgement.

Let's start with the intelligence services and the military -- and a very nasty problem that America had. Osama bin Laden. Barack Obama was flexible enough to recognize that if the ideal of arresting him and hauling him off to New York City to be tried for genocide was not going to happen while he was President (he likely would be a one-term President before the opportunity would arise), he could build trust in the CIA and the military to find a solution. Locate him and whack him, right out of the playbook of Al Capone against a rival mobster. Of course he contemplated world reaction. Russian and Chinese intelligence services and special forces would have done much the same thing.

Problem: a well-funded cult of dedicated terrorists with a reclusive leader. Solution: underworld-style hit because such is all that is available. Osama bin Laden -- dead. Problem solved. Private industry could have never done that.

Let's look at the economic meltdown that began in late 2007 as the housing bubble imploded. Of course the government contributed to that due to the sponsorship of such bubble by the awful George W. Bush. Solution: what FDR did when it was almost too late in 1933 and that Obama did in the equivalent of early 1931 -- back the banks. I'd say that that worked.

...Got a Blood Alley near you, like parts of this highway? The solution is often a freeway segment that diverts would-be speeders away from town or replaces an otherwise dangerous stretch of highway . If you are not willing to cut a deal with a private toll-road company that demands monopolistic pricing, you will need the government. If the government builds a free highway as an alternative to a "Deadman's Curve" it can also obliterate "Deadman's Curve" and ensure that nobody gets killed there again.

The Interstate Highway System has paid for itself in reductions of deaths and crippling injuries from vehicle collisions alone.

...Got mass poverty? Sure we do. We may need a CCC and a WPA to pull Appalachia out of poverty. That will take the government.

...Got a crime wave? The short-term solution is to hire more cops and public-sector attorneys and then have prisons for those convicted and sentenced for crimes. Most crimes are the result of one-person or one-gang crime waves. The private-sector solution is a lynch mob, something that few of us want. 

...Disaster relief? On a small scale (lightning starts a fire that burns down your house, or someone veers drunkenly into your lane of traffic and totals your car), insurance can meet the costs. Gigantic disasters? Insurance companies can't handle them. You might as well turn to government to ensure  that the little disasters of a big disaster don't escalate into pointless tragedy.

No, government is completely ineffective, a pure waste. just as you say. And breaking into a house with a pair of Dobermans living in it has no bad consequences for you.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,116 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,620 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,247 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,659 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,039 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green