Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
the best songs ever
(06-08-2016, 01:07 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 01:01 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:18 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:14 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:03 AM)taramarie Wrote: They may be posting it because you did say it is "our thread too." We are sharing what we love. Rags, Odin and myself all think Disturbed is fantastic. You don't have to listen if it is too icky for you.

Disturbing to even contemplate. I don't believe it. Not that I believe much of what you say about music :Smileell ggooddnite.

Really? Well then why should I even give your music a chance like I am doing right now with that attitude of yours? Problem is you cannot see other people, nor believe they are different from you. Remember the N word and the A word I used in reference to you? Keep that behaviour up it will confirm it if you cannot see differences or beyond your own ear and thoughts.

Go on and post the songs you like. I am interested in some of them. I am not the least interested in your comments about me.

Then you really are not about personal growth. Thought that was a 60's thing....

If I do post more music we better not hear a peep about you thinking it is all about you. It isn't. Those posts were for those who 'get' Disturbed's music.

And you can stop telling me what to post, and thinking you have some advice for me about personal growth. That's just laughable. You knock what I post, and I can also knock what you post if I like, too. Mostly I just want people to post what they like.

Guess Taramarie's promise to be nice meant nothing.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

This song is awesome for its drum player. The beat has a complex rhythm.
---Value Added Cool
(06-08-2016, 12:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 01:07 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 01:01 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:18 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:14 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Disturbing to even contemplate. I don't believe it. Not that I believe much of what you say about music :Smileell ggooddnite.

Really? Well then why should I even give your music a chance like I am doing right now with that attitude of yours? Problem is you cannot see other people, nor believe they are different from you. Remember the N word and the A word I used in reference to you? Keep that behaviour up it will confirm it if you cannot see differences or beyond your own ear and thoughts.

Go on and post the songs you like. I am interested in some of them. I am not the least interested in your comments about me.

Then you really are not about personal growth. Thought that was a 60's thing....

If I do post more music we better not hear a peep about you thinking it is all about you. It isn't. Those posts were for those who 'get' Disturbed's music.

And you can stop telling me what to post, and thinking you have some advice for me about personal growth. That's just laughable. You knock what I post, and I can also knock what you post if I like, too. Mostly I just want people to post what they like.

Guess Taramarie's promise to be nice meant nothing.

You say post what we like then judge the reasoning why we post music you do not like and on top of it say you do not believe the reason why we post what we post as well as possibly not believing we tell the truth when we say we like it as well as saying we are not listening to your music correctly.....yes of course you are going to get some burn from that. Maybe YOU are not listening to OUR music correctly? But to say that would be arrogance and narcissistic as well as not noticing there are many varieties of flowers to sniff from.  I will be nice when you live up to letting people post what they like without being an asshat and judging peoples reasoning for posting music that they like as well as saying your music is better and we should bow to it. You know you can share music without being a total dick. I would be much more eager to try out your music that way. Yes, more "laughable" advice which you will choose to ignore.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

It's funny.
Tara says, "If I do post more music we better not hear a peep about you thinking it is all about you."

We better, or else WHAT? You won't post your songs?

Do whatever you like.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 05:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: It's funny. "
Tara says, "If I do post more music we better not hear a peep about you thinking it is all about you."

Do whatever you like.
Or else would just be you would look like a fool saying one thing then saying another. Example: "post whatever you like"  "I bet these Disturbed posts are meant to upset me."

You do not want to look foolish, right? You say do whatever you like then make a post like that. Just don't do it if we want to feel invited to make posts.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-08-2016, 05:21 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Do whatever you like.
Or else would just be you would look like a fool saying one thing then saying another. Example: "post whatever you like"  "I bet these Disturbed posts are meant to upset me."

You do not want to look foolish, right? You say do whatever you like then make a post like that. Just don't do it if we want to feel invited to make posts.

Again, you can do whatever you like, and so can I. I don't care if you make posts or not.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 06:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Do whatever you like.

Again, you can do whatever you like, and so can I. I don't care if you make posts or not.
So i can post and you can assume my music is a bash over the head for you? Say one thing then say something that opposes the right to post? You're strange.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Twilight Time, The Platters

An almost forgotten song, but in my opinion one of the best pop songs
of the 50s and one of the best pop songs ever.

Beautiful lyrics, a pure, simple melody, and a brilliant vocal
arrangement.

(06-08-2016, 09:54 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Twilight Time, The Platters

arrangement.

One of many great songs my mother introduced me to when i was a child. I adore this song.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-08-2016, 01:28 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 01:51 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 11:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 01:54 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: This one from 2001 is an immersion in pure evocative feeling. Indescribable beauty.

My #3 all-time pick in the new age ambient genre.

And, being released on 1/1/01, probably the first piece of the New Millennium. And, I should say, still the best! Remarkable.

Kind of bored with it. It would be for calming purposes only for me and would help for falling asleep same as rain on a rooftop sounds do for me.

I kinda dig it.  

The Owl City song is pretty bad, though.

kinda dig the vibrant water; cool. It runs very deep.

I like catchy melodies. Maybe that's old fashioned, but "Good Time" is certainly that, and "Best Song Ever" and "Happy" and the Bieber songs are catchy and melodic, with good arrangements and vocals. But I admit it doesn't compare to the "best ever" of classical and classic rock, or even a few songbook items I will mention later. Or the new age like Vibrant Water. It's just pop; nothing deep or compelling. It's just a "good time" that I am happy to partake in, and sorry you guys miss out. Lots of millies dig those tunes.

I am just "happy" that I can pick out a favorite for the year for 5 straight years. For the 35 years before that, I could not have picked out such favorites. So it's neat that I can pick them out and post them somewhere; there was no means of doing that either years ago. Of course I COULD (and did) make out a list in the old days of classic rock in the core 2T, and it was more like two favorites a month that were at least of the caliber of these "happy" 4T pop tunes that I picked out. So I would not mean to exaggerate my veneration of the 4T/millie era pop tunes I have picked out.

I too like catchy melodies.  Our generation had many catchy melodies in the 80s, 90s and 2000s, even though you don't seem to have "ears to hear them."   Big Grin

There are a number of catchy tunes from the current 4T that I like, I just don't really care for the type of Millennial pop that you like.  To me it just sounds plastic and shallow and rather baby-ish.  It's music for kids, really.  Which is fine.  If you're a kid.  

Then again, I am perfectly willing (unlike you) to entertain the idea that I'm just getting old and out of touch.  Maybe when the new Artist/Adaptives come of age I will start liking pop music again, lol.
A companion song on my way to Houston for my first real job in 1986

What an awesome song and white hot steel metal blast furnace on the album cover.
---Value Added Cool
(06-08-2016, 10:44 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 01:28 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 01:51 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 11:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: And, being released on 1/1/01, probably the first piece of the New Millennium. And, I should say, still the best! Remarkable.

Kind of bored with it. It would be for calming purposes only for me and would help for falling asleep same as rain on a rooftop sounds do for me.

I kinda dig it.  

The Owl City song is pretty bad, though.

kinda dig the vibrant water; cool. It runs very deep.

I like catchy melodies. Maybe that's old fashioned, but "Good Time" is certainly that, and "Best Song Ever" and "Happy" and the Bieber songs are catchy and melodic, with good arrangements and vocals. But I admit it doesn't compare to the "best ever" of classical and classic rock, or even a few songbook items I will mention later. Or the new age like Vibrant Water. It's just pop; nothing deep or compelling. It's just a "good time" that I am happy to partake in, and sorry you guys miss out. Lots of millies dig those tunes.

I am just "happy" that I can pick out a favorite for the year for 5 straight years. For the 35 years before that, I could not have picked out such favorites. So it's neat that I can pick them out and post them somewhere; there was no means of doing that either years ago. Of course I COULD (and did) make out a list in the old days of classic rock in the core 2T, and it was more like two favorites a month that were at least of the caliber of these "happy" 4T pop tunes that I picked out. So I would not mean to exaggerate my veneration of the 4T/millie era pop tunes I have picked out.

I too like catchy melodies.  Our generation had many catchy melodies in the 80s, 90s and 2000s, even though you don't seem to have "ears to hear them."   Big Grin

There are a number of catchy tunes from the current 4T that I like, I just don't really care for the type of Millennial pop that you like.  To me it just sounds plastic and shallow and rather baby-ish.  It's music for kids, really.  Which is fine.  If you're a kid.  

Then again, I am perfectly willing (unlike you) to entertain the idea that I'm just getting old and out of touch.  Maybe when the new Artist/Adaptives come of age I will start liking pop music again, lol.

I laughed way too hard at this! Big Grin There are a few gems though from my generation that I enjoy in this era which is not pop music. Btw glad you also have noticed he does not have the "ears to hear Jones'/Xer music." Wink  Wait for it he will say that is a lie although he spends a good deal of his time berating the majority of 3T music. He wants us to listen to what he has to say about music (his taste in music) while saying we do not have the ear for it. Meanwhile he is incapable of realizing maybe that applies to him also. The music he does not like...maybe he just does not get it either....the same as us with some of his. It goes both ways. He assumes his knowledge of music gives him the high seat to judge this way. It doesn't. You can be objective and discuss music from an aesthetic point of view. An educated point of view. But the little things he drops "you do not like beiber because you want to be in the in crowd and because he is a kid" "you do not have the ear for it" things like that are NOT objective. It is personalizing it. That would be like me saying people do not get modern art because they do not have the eye for it. I would never say such a thing because that is not objective. It is not studying what the message is. Why it was painted in such a way. The history behind it. The artist him or herself. He will never learn though.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Let's go back to some classic stuff

Song 1
---Value Added Cool
Classic Song #2

---Value Added Cool
Classic song #4

---Value Added Cool

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-08-2016, 06:05 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 06:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Do whatever you like.

So i can post and you can assume my music is a bash over the head for you? Say one thing then say something that opposes the right to post? You're strange.

I can "oppose" your "right to post?" You're funny!

That many people who say they don't like Bieber (I don't know who Beiber is) are older, is an objective fact. There are polls on that too. Some of us older folks liking his music anyway is also an objective fact. My statement that it's sometimes prejudice to not like Bieber is my opinion, although in many cases a valid one. Maybe for many, like gabrielle, songs like Good Time and Pray sound like music for kids, and they don't like that. Myself, I am looking past that, and I hear music that I like a lot in some of those songs. I know from all the thousands of you tube covers of Good Time, and the people who sang on them (sometimes thousands in one video), that a lot of them were 20 or 30-somethings. So that's an "objective fact" that many people who liked that popular song were not "kids."

I also know that many Gen X and some older millie listeners are used to stuff that is rough, edgy and cynical, and the upbeat and simple stuff in 4T millie pop doesn't jive with what they have learned to appreciate and which "expresses their experience." To me, the new simpler and upbeat millie pop is sometimes a relief and a joy.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I am ready too now to jump back into the late 2T and continue my tour backwards through time. My favorite song and nominee for a "best song ever" from 1984 was released early in the year.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 11:55 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Classic song #4

Fine song and all, but where's #3?

There's a commercial out now featuring "School's Out" (I don't think it's the original), and I was thinking, that kind of cool rock sound is not what the actual kids seem to be listening to as they get out for summer. They seem to be listening to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift (or Justin Bieber, or 1D), or Uptown Funk, a very different sound. So are the ad men grafting their own youth onto that of millies? I don't know. But I did like "School's Out" and the sound, and I wonder if the kids are digging that kind of sound as they get out of school this year. Maybe too rebellious and counter-cultural for them?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 09:54 PM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Twilight Time, The Platters

arrangement.

Good song. I picked another one from this genre to include on my top 400 rock songs:

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the best songs ever: the lost years gabrielle 478 100,909 05-17-2019, 11:21 PM
Last Post: taramarie
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 75 19,324 05-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green