Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP Has Been HIJACKED!
And in a very, very good way.

Donald Trump's victory means that Darwinian economics and moral judgmentalism are out in the Republican Party, and in American conservatism as a whole, and "America First" nationalism and isolationism are in.

The great era that began with Ronald Reagan in 1980 ended on Tuesday - just as George McGovern's clinching of the Democratic Presidential nomination in 1972 ended the great era of national liberalism in the Democratic Party that began with FDR's nomination four decades earlier.
I for one couldn't agree more. I've said in other threads (and on the old forum) that I believed Trump is the GC of the Jacksonian tradition (and conversely Sanders was the GC of the Whig tradition). Unfortunately the Democratic Party wasn't hijacked, but it very well could be the next go round as Daddy plays by a different play book than the GOP has since at least Reagan and perhaps even since Hoover lost in 1932.

It seems to me that a lot of what is termed the Alt Right is gaining traction because it appeals to very old and long dormant currents in American Political thought.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29...alt-right/

There has also been rumors circulating that the new party system will circulate not on a left-right divide but a Libertarian and Authoritarian divide.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...ertarians/

It is interesting to note that cultural libertarians and cultural authoritarians share more with each other on terms of culture than they do on economics. The focus of economics will indeed be important, but it is not the issue on which nations rise and fall in the civilization sense which is what 4Ts are supposed to be about.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Not that there is anything wrong with the above discussion, but where is the turning theory? Do we want to keep political stuff built around the red-blue memes separate from stuff built around turning theory?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(05-06-2016, 02:56 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Not that there is anything wrong with the above discussion, but where is the turning theory?  Do we want to keep political stuff built around the red-blue memes separate from stuff built around turning theory?

It’s speculation about a potential realignment.
Well I for one am speculating about a realignment of the GOP.  I can't be the only one to have noticed a pattern particularly with GenX of moving everything to Alternative everything.  Alternative Music, Alternative Sports, now an Alternative Right (the Alt in Alt-Right stands for alternative).  I'm unsure how that exactly ties in with the S&H meme that it is the prophets that drive such ideological and social changes, but it is conceivable that they greatly overestimated the power of prophet generations, or conversely that they were right in the power level but ignored the atonement-advancement cycle that seems to be in play.

Assuming that there is a back and forth, and that the nomad generation draws more from the previous generations than the prophet generation does, it would seem that Xers are in advancement mode (perhaps prematurely) already, and Millies are likely to follow suit while Boomers and what few Silents remain are clearly in atonement mode (perhaps post-seasonally).

As for separating red-blue discussions from theory discussions, I would consider this to be a discussion derived from theory (or at the very least my post is).  Red and Blue discussions typically center more around individual politicians than political realignments.

Milo brings up some points I've been exploring lately.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(05-06-2016, 03:21 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Well I for one am speculating about a realignment of the GOP.  I can't be the only one to have noticed a pattern particularly with GenX of moving everything to Alternative everything.  Alternative Music, Alternative Sports, now an Alternative Right (the Alt in Alt-Right stands for alternative).  I'm unsure how that exactly ties in with the S&H meme that it is the prophets that drive such ideological and social changes, but it is conceivable that they greatly overestimated the power of prophet generations, or conversely that they were right in the power level but ignored the atonement-advancement cycle that seems to be in play.

Assuming that there is a back and forth, and that the nomad generation draws more from the previous generations than the prophet generation does, it would seem that Xers are in advancement mode (perhaps prematurely) already, and Millies are likely to follow suit while Boomers and what few Silents remain are clearly in atonement mode (perhaps post-seasonally).

As for separating red-blue discussions from theory discussions, I would consider this to be a discussion derived from theory (or at the very least my post is).  Red and Blue discussions typically center more around individual politicians than political realignments.

Milo brings up some points I've been exploring lately.

It appears to me that the GOP is already split and may cease to be a viable major party. I would like to see  a new party emerge from the ashes.
Quote:It appears to me that the GOP is already split and may cease to be a viable major party. I would like to see a new party emerge from the ashes.

The quote system was acting weird. Damn you learning curves!

Honestly, if it does, it will be on an authoritarian-libertarian axis rather than a left-right axis. I for one would welcome that particularly if the Libertarian side wins the 4T. Having played both sides in bourgeois politics, both parties are pretty divided. The Dems aren't fairing well with Hillary at the helm, but I do think that Trump will eventually be able to reunite the GOP. It will of course retain the same name but the forces it represents politically will be drastically different.

Part of this has to do with generational constellation. Boomers are already on their way out and only the very youngest of them are remaining long in politics outside the federal stage. Xers are already the majority in the House, and should take the Senate this year.

Furthermore many of the Dems seem to be relying on demographics to save them. However, they are discounting on key factor. Millies will remain radical until such time as they have something they view as worthy of conservation. At that point they will become conservative. Conservative in the sense that the new status quo will be conserved no matter the cost. Much like the GIs did.

(05-06-2016, 03:21 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Milo brings up some points I've been exploring lately.

Anyone who says that "Feminism is cancer" is well worth listening to because it is an accurate description of the current state of feminism.  He brings up some very good points about where we are as a culture.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
Personally I think Milo is worth listening to regardless.  He's not bad on the eyes, he's funny, his wit is sharp, and he has something that nearly every man likes...he makes sense.  And one thing my life has taught me is that men a fundamental drive to have things make sense.

(05-07-2016, 04:10 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Personally I think Milo is worth listening to regardless.  He's not bad on the eyes, he's funny, his wit is sharp, and he has something that nearly every man likes...he makes sense.  And one thing my life has taught me is that men a fundamental drive to have things make sense.

The one thing that tends to drive women and liberals completely insane.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
Milo is a sleazy grifter telling the anti-social RW neckbeard GamerGate losers who blame their not being able to get a date on "SJWs" and "Feminazis" what they want to hear.

And Kinser I have trouble believing you are actually a member of any Marxist organization because all the ones I know boot anyone who has the attitudes you have.
(05-07-2016, 12:47 PM)Odin Wrote: Milo is a sleazy grifter telling the anti-social RW neckbeard GamerGate losers who blame their not being able to get a date on "SJWs" and "Feminazis" what they want to hear.

And Kinser I have trouble believing you are actually a member of any Marxist organization because all the ones I know boot anyone who has the attitudes you have.

Personally I don't care what you believe and what you don't.  Considering that you seem to think that Troskites are Leninists (completely ignoring Lenin's own severe criticisms of his line).   Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

What's funny is that these so-called neckbeards are gaining traction, as is much of the alt right (minus the 1488ers who are both insular and irrelevant).  Meanwhile third wave feminism, the SJWs and the like will be destroyed in its final form.  I see it unfolding already. Third-wave, inter-sectional feminism was rejected by Leninists in the 1990s, which you would know had you been involved with actual Leninist Parties.

Also, Odin, has your cuckoldry gotten you any dates?  I highly doubt it.  Women tend to go for Alphas, hypergamy demands that they do. As a gay man, getting a date with a female is not in my interests, they have the wrong equipment.

(05-07-2016, 03:22 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Also, Odin, has your cuckoldry gotten you any dates?  I highly doubt it.  Women tend to go for Alphas, hypergamy demands that they do.  As a gay man, getting a date with a female is not in my interests, they have the wrong equipment.

Oh dear, you really believe this Red-Piller nonsense...
(05-07-2016, 04:56 PM)Odin Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 03:22 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Also, Odin, has your cuckoldry gotten you any dates?  I highly doubt it.  Women tend to go for Alphas, hypergamy demands that they do.  As a gay man, getting a date with a female is not in my interests, they have the wrong equipment.

Oh dear, you really believe this Red-Piller nonsense...

Being gay I have had the opportunity to observe heterosexuals without the lens of being a heterosexual. As such, I've seen the merits of the red-pill arguments, merits that the blue-pill does not have. Luckily, I'm gay and I don't have to worry about that.

Straight women ditch men all the time, usually for no fault of their own, often after they cannot provide more and more resources or at the first opportunity of finding a man with more resources. Furthermore, this behavior is universal, I've seen it in the west, I've seen it outside of the west. Therefore it seems reasonable to me that it is instinctual.

After all in a stone-age situation what would the sex with less physical strength and responsible for the young need? Resources that the physically stronger sex that is not responsible for the young can provide. It used to have an evolutionary purpose, unfortunately that purpose no longer exists.

I cannot tell you how many times I've heard comrades complain about being friend-zoned, all of them are the so-called nice guys. Fortunately many take my advice and do not concern themselves with obtaining the feminine V now and then can pick and choose amongst available females later.

Of course having said these things I fully expect you to come at me with an accusation of biological determinism.

(05-07-2016, 06:09 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Being gay I have had the opportunity to observe heterosexuals without the lens of being a heterosexual.  As such, I've seen the merits of the red-pill arguments, merits that the blue-pill does not have.  Luckily, I'm gay and I don't have to worry about that.

Straight women ditch men all the time, usually for no fault of their own, often after they cannot provide more and more resources or at the first opportunity of finding a man with more resources.  Furthermore, this behavior is universal, I've seen it in the west, I've seen it outside of the west.  Therefore it seems reasonable to me that it is instinctual.

After all in a stone-age situation what would the sex with less physical strength and responsible for the young need?  Resources that the physically stronger sex that is not responsible for the young can provide.  It used to have an evolutionary purpose, unfortunately that purpose no longer exists.

I cannot tell you how many times I've heard comrades complain about being friend-zoned, all of them are the so-called nice guys.  Fortunately many take my advice and do not concern themselves with obtaining the feminine V now and then can pick and choose amongst available females later.

Of course having said these things I fully expect you to come at me with an accusation of biological determinism.

OMG, this is the kind of stuff we all make fun of in /r/BestOfOutrageCulture and /r/NiceGuys. LMFAO. Do your comrades wear fedoras, too? HAHAHAHAHA!!!
No they do not...thank Stalin.  Fedoras are bourgeois anyway. Those comrades who complain about this are thankfully fewer these days. Probably because they've realized I have no sympathy for them and am just as likely to tell them to go get some hand cream and take care of themselves.

I do notice you have nothing of substance to counter my statement.  Perhaps because you seckretly know that it is true, but admitting its truth would blow holes in your world view that I could drive a semi through.  Or even if you don't, then you're merely at stage 2.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

I quickly learned from Reddit that trying to have a serious conversation with an alt-righter is pointless and is bad for my blood pressure. So I stick with laughing at them. Big Grin

And even Maddox, the original edgy internet a**hole, hates the alt-righters. Big Grin
Quote:
Quote:Milo brings up some points I've been exploring lately.

It appears to me that the GOP is already split and may cease to be a viable major party. I would like to see  a new party emerge from the ashes.

Gosh, Milo sure looks like someone else I know Smile
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(05-07-2016, 07:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
Quote:

<snip vid>

It appears to me that the GOP is already split and may cease to be a viable major party. I would like to see  a new party emerge from the ashes.  Yes, see below.  Hillary may end up taking a bullet as well. Tongue

[Image: 20160506_next.gif]

Uh, no .  Milo isn't besotted with tats.
---Value Added Cool
(05-07-2016, 07:04 PM)Odin Wrote: I quickly learned from Reddit that trying to have a serious conversation with an alt-righter is pointless and is bad for my blood pressure. So I stick with laughing at them. Big Grin

And even Maddox, the original edgy internet a**hole, hates the alt-righters. Big Grin

Maddox is apolitical and his whole shtick is to be an edgy asshole. He takes the piss out of everyone so I would have automatically assumed that the Alt Right would not be excluded.

As for laughing at them, you go right ahead. It only means you're in stage two.

(05-07-2016, 11:32 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 07:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
Quote:

<snip vid>

It appears to me that the GOP is already split and may cease to be a viable major party. I would like to see  a new party emerge from the ashes.  Yes, see below.  Hillary may end up taking a bullet as well. Tongue

[juvenile cartoon removed]

Uh, no .  Milo isn't besotted with tats.

Not only that, Milo can actually sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul__3NCdc2g

Makes the BF jealous cause he can't pull that song off without his voice cracking.  Note he's using a skype type format and the mic is probably shitty.

Conclusion:  Milo sings better than <that singer>, Milo looks better than <that singer>, Milo isn't covered in tacky tattoo like <that singer>, Milo has done more for the Black community (granted on his back) than <that singer>.  Over all he's completely superior to <that singer>

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  GOP governor pushes Texas’ first sales tax hike in 30 years random3 10 2,883 03-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: March3
  Ex-GOP Lawmaker: Trump Is “Illegitimate President,” Should Be Impeached mily 21 7,605 12-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Last Post: married1959
  GOP Far From United naf140230 0 1,951 01-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: naf140230
  But What If Trump is the GOP's Iturbide? Anthony '58 5 4,118 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  GOP Fails To Unify naf140230 23 12,929 07-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Classic-Xer
  GOP: Kaine is too moderate Dan '82 8 4,407 07-25-2016, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  GOP vs. PLO naf140230 5 2,853 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
  GOP Platform to Call for Reinstatement of Glass-Steagall Dan '82 2 1,863 07-18-2016, 06:37 PM