Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the best songs ever: the lost years
(06-17-2016, 04:18 AM)Galen Wrote: Perhaps this will give you a bit better feel of the zeitgeist of the time without the rather dark imagery of Blue Oyster Cult.  These guys were somewhat off the wall for the time.

God it must suck to be an xer. I can't even imagine tbh what it is like to have that mentality. Surely often it is how we interpret our lives and what we think and put to action helps to make or break us. But yes of course outer forces give us a knock around too. I swallowed that tough pill too but mind to goal and don't let it break you i keep telling myself. Things will get better eventually. I just have to work towards it. That is my outlook anyway.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 04:29 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 04:18 AM)Galen Wrote: Perhaps this will give you a bit better feel of the zeitgeist of the time without the rather dark imagery of Blue Oyster Cult.  These guys were somewhat off the wall for the time.

God it must suck to be an xer. I can't even imagine tbh what it is like to have that mentality. Surely often it is how we interpret our lives and what we think and put to action helps to make or break us. But yes of course outer forces give us a knock around too. I swallowed that tough pill too but mind to goal and don't let it break you i keep telling myself. Things will get better eventually. I just have to work towards it. That is my outlook anyway.

Xers can often see and deal with things others can't but it does have its price.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Here is an interesting example of what MTV started with.  Despite its rather happy tone it will offend the sensibilities of Eric the Obtuse.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
I generally like Talking Heads, as I said before. I think they are genuinely innovative. But they probably have not done any songs I would pick for the title "best ever." The same applies to Devo, as I also said before. On the contrary Clueless; I like "Whip it"

"I said that would take away the point to the songs. Smdh. It amazes me that he too is an artist like myself but does not understand this. He truly is an idealist. I mean I may not understand the meaning to something an xer would understand like earlier...but at least i understand the sound, image and feel to the song is portraying a message that wants to be heard and understood" Nonsense. Art does not have to be ugly and sound like fingernails on a blackboard in order to "portray a message." I could care less about a message portrayed that hurts my ears and sensibilities. Bob Dylan knew how to do it right; even Justin Bieber knows how to do it right.

I wanted to give taramarie credit when I said I don't believe she really would choose songs by Disturbed as the best ever. I wanted to believe better. I believe her now; she obviously meant it sincerely, as did the Ragged one. And I liked her unicorn song choice. So, people make both good and bad choices, in anyone's opinion; mine or hers.

I take no credit for any songs I choose. All credit goes to the artists and composers. I enjoy them and the worlds they create. They are great; they are worth sharing. I am just the DJ.

Galen is just politically wrong. That colors everything he says about me. In my view, the lack of and betrayal of idealism is what went wrong, generally-speaking; not the consequences of it. But in music, I am interested ONLY in quality, and that is synonymous with beauty, melody, harmony, counterpoint, rhythm, imagination, sound, ambience and atmosphere, lyrics, vocal styling, inspiration; all the things that make music great. Whether the words or "message" is idealistic or cynical is almost beside the point. You know what my #1 rock song is, for example. I'll get to it pretty soon.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

This song took on a whole new meaning during the massive earthquakes...

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 04:45 AM)taramarie Wrote: 1992

This song took on a whole new meaning during the massive earthquakes...

I forgot about this one but I always did like Annie Lennox.  A truly wonderful voice.

A song my mother always talked about when i was a child. This song gives me goosebumps.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Here are my two favorite Christmas songs.

Many Xers really do have a penchant for satire and I really do enjoy it.

Here is Annie Lennox probably at her best.  It was unusual how well this went over at the time.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 05:02 AM)Galen Wrote: Here is Annie Lennox probably at her best.  It was unusual how well this went over at the time.

That is my favourite song of hers. Smile
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

i have this album
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 05:09 AM)taramarie Wrote:

i have this album

I think my brother was listening to this.  He was into heavy metal, not normally my taste but it makes perfect sense to me why this was so popular.

This is normally outside what I tended to listen to but I liked it.  This is the one person that could out weird Ozzy Osbourne

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 05:17 AM)Galen Wrote: This is normally outside what I tended to listen to but I liked it.  This is the one person that could out weird Ozzy Osbourne

I think he released a song called poison? Not sure. But my mother likes him.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 778 233,558 06-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 82 33,422 05-16-2020, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green