Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Russians Engineered a Trump Victory
[Image: 584efa641c00002d000eb22e.jpeg?cache=qihqj1hf2x]

This might as well be our new National Anthem once Donald Trump is inaugurated:

The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(12-12-2016, 02:55 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 08:44 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: The polls say otherwise but we cannot know what sorts of chicanery and intrigue may arise out of nowhere, when the Kremlin is directly interfering in a US election.

Thus far the interference has not risen to the level where the actual voting process is impaired, or, where a mass disinformation op throws a monkey wrench into the works very late in the campaign season.

I must wonder - if there were obvious major interference in the election, and, against all odds, it ended up installing Trump, how would the FBI, CIA and Military react?

My guess is there would be an armed struggle for power between the illegitimate Executive Branch and its "children" in those departments.

Into the chaos - Russia / the SCO may then try to do a sneak attack while we are caught up in a Civil War (but not one of the "Red" vs "Blue" variety - it would be one within the Executive Branch).

Or, Russia / the SCO would back the Trump faction and overtly install a puppet government atop the ashes of what used to be the legitimate US Government.

No Virginia, there is not a Santa Claus. Yes Virginia, there is an SVR ... and a GRU ... mean men and women over across the ocean with their tentacles out world wide. Virginia, they have committed an act of war. This is war under high tech conditions. What shall we do?

We need to inform everyone who will listen. Sadly a large portion of Republicans have become a brainless cult, but there has to be some who will get it.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(12-12-2016, 04:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [Image: 584efa641c00002d000eb22e.jpeg?cache=qihqj1hf2x]

I guess it replaces his theme "you can't always get what you want," to which John Oliver replied, yeah "no shit!"
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(12-12-2016, 06:12 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 04:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: <snip vid>

I guess it replaces his theme "you can't always get what you want," to which John Oliver replied, yeah "no shit!"

Meh.   This
[Image: austrian_1_oz_gold_philharmonic.jpg]

is the first thing that popped into my head.

---
pecuniary Rags, Esq. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool
(12-13-2016, 01:37 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: ....

Imagine you are a secretly armed individual in a secret group. You encounter someone who works for the aparat. You know of a distant wilderness area. Rope, trees ... no, not that. Something different. Rope, trees, bait ... apex predators.

There's already been a movie for that d00d.  Not bait, gunz.

---Value Added Cool
(12-13-2016, 10:59 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/pol....html?_r=0

'The Trump campaign knew in advance about WikiLeaks’ plans. Days before the Podesta email release began, Roger Stone, a Republican operative working with the Trump campaign, sent out an excited tweet about what was coming.'

================================

Significant players within the Trump political org were conspiring with the GRU to influence a US election. They gave aid and comfort to our enemy, the SCO, assisting in an operation of cyberwar and active measures.

IT IS TREASON.

Wikileaks is not Russian.
(12-14-2016, 12:06 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: WikiLeaks is not Russian.

No, but Julian Assange has an agenda that seems to be anarchic as far as the West is concerned.  He has no problem using Russian material to that end -- never mind that the Russians are far worse.  He doesn't care.  So WikiLeaks is a tool to implode Western government, and the Russians are more than willing to use that tool.  At this point, even bald-faced lies seem to be acceptable to Assange, who sees himself as a freedom fighter under siege.  Expect much more.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(12-14-2016, 06:48 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 12:06 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: WikiLeaks is not Russian.

No, but Julian Assange has an agenda that seems to be anarchic as far as the West is concerned.  He has no problem using Russian material to that end -- never mind that the Russians are far worse.  He doesn't care.  So WikiLeaks is a tool to implode Western government, and the Russians are more than willing to use that tool.  At this point, even bald-faced lies seem to be acceptable to Assange, who sees himself as a freedom fighter under siege.  Expect much more.

Just as bad -- expect America's oligarchs to develop an ethos much like that of slave-owning planters who hold that the rest of the world exists solely to enrich and pamper the economic elites... and those elites will call this subjection "freedom". Rights for economic elites beyond not being dispossessed imply that others are burdened with special duties to masters in all but name. Donald Trump found the opening for fascism in America -- contempt for the intellectually-active mind.

That happens when people of unbridled narcissism get complete power as a class over helpless people.

When this Trump nightmare is over we are gong to need major reforms of the educational as well as the political system so that we never fall for this horror again.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(12-14-2016, 12:09 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 12:06 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 10:59 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/pol....html?_r=0

'The Trump campaign knew in advance about WikiLeaks’ plans. Days before the Podesta email release began, Roger Stone, a Republican operative working with the Trump campaign, sent out an excited tweet about what was coming.'

================================

Significant players within the Trump political org were conspiring with the GRU to influence a US election. They gave aid and comfort to our enemy, the SCO, assisting in an operation of cyberwar and active measures.

IT IS TREASON.

Wikileaks is not Russian.

There are two types of people on this forum who refute my assessments. Dupes of the Kremlin .... and ... those doing the bidding of the Kremlin. Are you even the real Warren Dew who I can find on the web, who appears to be a guy who grew up as a military brat, maybe Malta or something, or, are you a Russian imposter, who acquired that person's web "identity" for your own nefarious goals?

Not to feed your conspiracy theoriies too much, but I didn't grow up in Malta.
Have we conceded defeat to Russia?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
A closer look at the Russian agent:

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Congratulations To Russia On Winning The Cold War

Putin's buddy is our new Secretary of State. Or is Putin our new Secretary of State?

Trump also makes Nader's point that our ignorant flyover voters are more concerned with speaking about persons instead of men, than with real issues.

Faith in humanity is shattered. Oh well, congress will do something! whew!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(12-14-2016, 08:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Congratulations To Russia On Winning The Cold War

Putin's buddy is our new Secretary of State. Or is Putin our new Secretary of State?

Trump also makes Nader's point that our ignorant flyover voters are more concerned with speaking about persons instead of men.

#CBSFACKENEWS

http://www.truthdig.com/report/page2/hyp...y_20161213

#TRUTHDIGREALNEWS
---Value Added Cool
Minimizing it does nothing.

Our interference in Russian elections is not equivalent to what we have in front of us. We should have messed more directly while we had the chance. If we had we might not have a Putin on our hands.

I don't remember a time when refrained from messing with other nation's elections. So what. Can we get past charges of hypocrisy? It's politics so that is silly.

The majority of the nation (that actually voted), and the power structure, doesn't want Trump, and so there is an effort to "rectify" the situation (if we can mess in other nation's elections, it seems only natural that we'd mess with our own)

Thus we have the birth of the crisis. As an xer, you should be chuckling.
There was never any good old days
They are today, they are tomorrow
It's a stupid thing we say
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow
       -- Eugene Hutz
(12-14-2016, 09:13 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 08:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Congratulations To Russia On Winning The Cold War

Trump also makes Nader's point that our ignorant flyover voters are more concerned with speaking about persons instead of men.

#CBSFACKENEWS

#TRUTHDIGREALNEWS

Rags, I can watch mainstream news outlets, and use my critical thinking skills to determine for myself when they are deferring to the powers that be which pay their bills. I can watch genuine alternative news sources too, like Pacifica. I know fake news when I see it, because I can research it. There is a spectrum. Fake news is much more extreme and blatant. The fake news is mostly seen on social media and put out by the sorts of outlets discussed in that video you said you couldn't watch.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
U.S. Officials: Putin Personally Involved in U.S. Election Hack
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/u...spartandhp
NBC News
by WILLIAM M. ARKIN, KEN DILANIAN and CYNTHIA MCFADDEN
10 hrs ago

U.S. intelligence officials now believe with "a high level of confidence" that Russian President Vladimir Putin became personally involved in the covert Russian campaign to interfere in the U.S. presidential election, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

Two senior officials with direct access to the information say new intelligence shows that Putin personally directed how hacked material from Democrats was leaked and otherwise used. The intelligence came from diplomatic sources and spies working for U.S. allies, the officials said.

Putin's objectives were multifaceted, a high-level intelligence source told NBC News. What began as a "vendetta" against Hillary Clinton morphed into an effort to show corruption in American politics and to "split off key American allies by creating the image that [other countries] couldn't depend on the U.S. to be a credible global leader anymore," the official said.

Ultimately, the CIA has assessed, the Russian government wanted to elect Donald Trump. The FBI and other agencies don't fully endorse that view, but few officials would dispute that the Russian operation was intended to harm Clinton's candidacy by leaking embarrassing emails about Democrats.

The latest intelligence said to show Putin's involvement goes much further than the information the U.S. was relying on in October, when all 17 intelligence agencies signed onto a statement attributing the Democratic National Committee hack to Russia.

The statement said officials believed that "only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities." That was an intelligence judgment based on an understanding of the Russian system of government, which Putin controls with absolute authority.

Russian President Vladimir Putin during duties, Moscow, Russia - 07 Dec 2016 Russian president Vladimir Putin prior to a meeting with newly appointed senior military staff in the Kremlin. Via ZUMA/REX/Shutterstock Russian President Vladimir Putin during duties, Moscow, Russia - 07 Dec 2016 Russian president Vladimir Putin prior to a meeting with newly appointed senior military staff in the Kremlin. Via…

Now the U.S has solid information tying Putin to the operation, the intelligence officials say. Their use of the term "high confidence" implies that the intelligence is nearly incontrovertible.

"It is most certainly consistent with the Putin that I have watched and used to work with when I was an ambassador and in the government," said Michael McFaul, who was ambassador to Russia from 2012 to 2014.

"He has had a vendetta against Hillary Clinton, that has been known for a long time because of what she said about his elections back in the parliamentary elections of 2011. He wants to discredit American democracy and make us weaker in terms of leading the liberal democratic order. And most certainly he likes President-elect Trump's views on Russia," McFaul added. Clinton cast doubt on the integrity of Russia's elections.

As part of contingency planning for potential retaliation against Russia, according to officials, U.S. intelligence agencies have stepped up their probing into his personal financial empire.

American officials have concluded that Putin's network controls some $85 billion worth of assets, officials told NBC News.

Neither the CIA nor the Office of the Director of National Intelligence would comment.

A former CIA official who worked on Russia told NBC News that it's not clear the U.S. can embarrass Putin, given that many Russians are already familiar with allegations he has grown rich through corruption and has ordered the killings of political adversaries.

But a currently serving U.S. intelligence official said that there are things Putin is sensitive about, including anything that makes him seem weak.

The former CIA official said the Obama administration may feel compelled to respond before it leaves office.

"This whole thing has heated up so much," he said. "I can very easily see them saying, `We can't just say wow, this was terrible and there's nothing we can do.'"

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(12-15-2016, 05:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-14-2016, 09:13 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

#CBSFACKENEWS

#TRUTHDIGREALNEWS

Rags, I can watch mainstream news outlets, and use my critical thinking skills to determine for myself when they are deferring to the powers that be which pay their bills. I can watch genuine alternative news sources too, like Pacifica. I know fake news when I see it, because I can research it. There is a spectrum. Fake news is much more extreme and blatant. The fake news is mostly seen on social media and put out by the sorts of outlets discussed in that video you said you couldn't watch.

I have heard so many people on the anti-establishment Left repeat Far-Right BS in recent years and this year it has reached a deafening crescendo. It's driving me bonkers. People I used to respect during the Bush years, like Glenn Greenwald, have turned into fucking lunatics.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(12-15-2016, 07:48 AM)Odin Wrote: I have heard so many people on the anti-establishment Left repeat Far-Right BS in recent years and this year it has reached a deafening crescendo. It's driving me bonkers. People I used to respect during the Bush years, like Glenn Greenwald, have turned into fucking lunatics.

It's the age of Fake News, and why that's true is not surprising. The two prime sources for news delivery to the Connected Community are Facebook and Google. Neither pays their sources very well, and all ad revenue tends to remain with the aggregators. So real news sources with real costs, like teams of reporters and foreign desks, get very little to cover costs. FB and G rake it in.

So why Fake News? Because it's even cheaper for FB and G than mostly stolen real news ... and it's more of a soap-opera like product. People like it simple, even though its BS.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Officials: Master Spy Vladimir Putin Now Directly Linked to US Hacking
By BRIAN ROSS, RHONDA SCHWARTZ and JAMES GORDON MEEK
3 hours ago
Good Morning America

Ever the master spy, Russian President Vladimir Putin, a former KGB colonel, was personally involved in the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and efforts to interfere in the American elections, U.S. and foreign intelligence officials tell ABC News.

A representative for Putin today called the reports “funny nonsense,” but American intelligence agencies are failing to see any humor in the bold Russian cyberattacks and the apparent role of the Russian president.

People in the intelligence community directly involved in uncovering and tracking the Russian hack say a new flow of information has directly connected Putin to what began as a lower-level effort by the Russian military to infiltrate the computers of both Republican and Democratic figures.

Once the hackers were successful in breaching the Democratic National Committee’s systems, Putin became more directly involved with the effort, the intelligence sources say.

Russian officials have consistently denied any hacking activities around the U.S. election.

In October the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security released a joint statement that read, “The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian government directed the recent compromises of emails from U.S. persons and institutions.”

It continued, “We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia’s seniormost officials could have authorized these activities.”

The appearance of documents from the DNC on WikiLeaks in July kicked off a period of seemingly endless negative news stories, embarrassed the Hillary Clinton campaign and led to the resignation of DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

Five months later, the hack continues to dominate headlines.

Since winning the election, Donald Trump has repeatedly questioned the intelligence community’s conclusions that the Russians were behind the hacking.

Last weekend, acrimony between Trump and the intelligence agencies that he’ll soon control reached a boiling point, with the two sides engaging in a war of words over the details of Russia’s cyberactivities that played out in national newspapers and television programs.

Meanwhile, President Barack Obama has ordered a full review of the hacks, and the White House said it will be completed and presented to Congress before the inauguration on Jan. 20.

While sources say a number of retaliatory actions have been recommended — including going after secret bank accounts believed to belong to Putin — no responding action has been taken.

https://gma.yahoo.com/officials-master-s...ories.html

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
You called it. Are you sure you're not the astrologer? Wink

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rachel Maddow lied about the Russians placing bounties on American soldiers in Afghan Einzige 0 713 04-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Einzige