Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrest Trump for Treason
Arrest Trump for violating war powers?

Back in 2001, Congress authorized use of force against Al Qaeda in the aftermath of September 11th. Obama stretched that somewhat declaring ISIS was an offshoot of Al Qaeda, thus he didn't go back to Congress before focusing on them. Trump? Now, I don't like either Assad's Syria nor Al Qaeda, but does anyone believe that Assad's Syria is an offshoot of Al Qaeda? Does Trump think the old 2001 declaration turned the Middle East into a free fire zone? If anyone does anything Trump doesn't like, start throwing missiles around?

I've always thought that in politics Trump was a shoot from the hip sort of guy. If anyone says anything he doesn't like, he'll open up a Twitter attack promptly enough. He also has talked a tough game about using the military. He allegedly knows the Middle East better than the generals, and thought Obama not aggressive enough in using force in the region. I've sort of expected and still expect him to use force often and intuitively.

Still, the airport air strike doesn't seem too horrible a move. No boots were put on the ground. That's less invitation to a quagmire. Assad's bombing of civilians is a deplorable tactic. As aircraft don't come cheap, the airport strike might make Assad somewhat less inclined to use that particular form of terror. Russia apparently didn't try to use their air defense systems to defend the Syrian airbase, but they're still making noise on the diplomatic and public relations front. Apparently, launching missiles against a military base is a big no no, but gassing civilians is OK.

It's interesting that Hillary called to attack Assad's air capability a day before Trump did it.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Arrest Trump for violating war powers?

CNN reports the Democrats are asking the White House for a legal justification for using force against Syria, launching cruise missiles against the airport that launched gas attacks. Definitely guilty as charged, but step one would be impeachment in the House. I don't know that the law and fact have anything to do with such proceedings.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(04-25-2017, 10:18 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Arrest Trump for violating war powers?

CNN reports the Democrats are asking the White House for a legal justification for using force against Syria, launching cruise missiles against the airport that launched gas attacks.  Definitely guilty as charged, but step one would be impeachment in the House.  I don't know that the law and fact have anything to do with such proceedings.

If getting Trump by impeachment is the plan, the emoluments clause seems a better option. First, they'll need to see his tax returns, but that's doable by Congress.  Of course, Republicans don't impeach other Republicans.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Sing like a canary and fly off to Russia -- that would be fine with me.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-23-2017, 06:52 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Based on Brennan's testimony today, Trump should be perp walked off of AF1 upon his arrival.

It is treason.

Quote:HECK: I now pose it to you, sir. Not for my sake, but for America’s sake. As someone who has devoted your entire life to public service, in your own words, please tell my constituents, my neighbors, why they should care. Not just here in Washington, D.C., but in Washington state, and Texas, and Connecticut and points in between. Why should they care? Why do you care, sir?

BRENNAN: Because for the last 241 years, this nation and its citizens have cherished the freedom and liberty that this country was founded upon. Many, many Americans — brave Americans over the years — have lost their lives to be able to protect that freedom and liberty. They’ve lost their lives also to protect the freedom and liberties of other countries and other peoples around the world. Our ability to choose our elected leaders as we see fit is, I believe, an inalienable right that we must protect with all of our resources and all of our authority and power. And the fact that the Russians tried to influence that election so that the will of the American people was not going to be realized by that election, I find outrageous and something that we need to, with every last ounce of devotion to this country, resist. And to try to act to prevent further instances of that. And so, therefore, I believe that this is something that’s critically important to every American. Certainly it’s very important to me, for my children and grandchildren, to make sure that never again will a foreign country try to influence and interfere in the foundation stone of this country, which is electing our democratic leaders.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(05-25-2017, 09:48 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: To quote a famous Liverpudlian (bonus points if you can guess who):

"Shut yer festerin' gob, yah daft twit!!!!"

Found it on Youtube, which is cheating.  However, I noted how the group organized into departments.  Should we use that structure for this forum?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,296 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58