Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Can Beat Trump?
(09-26-2018, 12:18 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 05:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:21 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 01:57 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Actually, health insurance isn't a right or a privilege, it's a commodity. I wouldn't be opposed to importing approved drugs from other country's.

Actually, it is a right in America.  It is listed in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, which the US signed and the congress ratified.

Oh, sorry.  You are not into reality...

How many Americans recognize the United Nations as their government/ governing authority these days? Someone's not into reality. Who is it? I'll leave that question to the viewers/readers to decide themselves.

If the declaration was signed by the President and ratified by Congress, it's the law of the land.  That it originated elsewhere is unimportant.  It's a law … here … because our government made it so.
OK. Whatever...Who signed it and what year was it formally ratified into law by the US congress?
(09-25-2018, 02:29 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Healthcare is a commodity, like say food. ?  Dunno, but when I get to be an old fuck in say 10 years, I don't want to have to rely on cat food if my IRA goes south.  So how about cat food for you and at least some cheetos for me? The same goes for healthcare.  I can't foresee what my income will be in ten years hence, so I'll take social insurance, like single payer. Feel free to advocate for taking the Russian Roulette option yourself. Think about it, one car wreck, a cancer diagnosis, a tornado wrecking you and your business. Then what?  I think that's the bullet O'fate at your head, man.
What happens if the government begins to go south in say 10 ten years or so? What's an old fuck like you going to do then? Are you going to be willing share your Medicare with a buuuuuuunch of dumb blue fuckers who didn't do much of anything other than vote themselves in on your earned entitlement program? I mean, Odin had hardly worked at all and he felt as if he was entitled to receive medicare now.
(09-26-2018, 10:42 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-26-2018, 12:18 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 05:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:21 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 01:57 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Actually, health insurance isn't a right or a privilege, it's a commodity. I wouldn't be opposed to importing approved drugs from other country's.

Actually, it is a right in America.  It is listed in the UN Declaration of Human Rights, which the US signed and the congress ratified.

Oh, sorry.  You are not into reality...

How many Americans recognize the United Nations as their government/ governing authority these days? Someone's not into reality. Who is it? I'll leave that question to the viewers/readers to decide themselves.

If the declaration was signed by the President and ratified by Congress, it's the law of the land.  That it originated elsewhere is unimportant.  It's a law … here … because our government made it so.

OK. Whatever...Who signed it and what year was it formally ratified into law by the US congress?

June 8, 1992 by GWB. Why it took that long is covered briefly at the link.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(09-27-2018, 12:30 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 02:29 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Healthcare is a commodity, like say food. ?  Dunno, but when I get to be an old fuck in say 10 years, I don't want to have to rely on cat food if my IRA goes south.  So how about cat food for you and at least some cheetos for me? The same goes for healthcare.  I can't foresee what my income will be in ten years hence, so I'll take social insurance, like single payer. Feel free to advocate for taking the Russian Roulette option yourself. Think about it, one car wreck, a cancer diagnosis, a tornado wrecking you and your business. Then what?  I think that's the bullet O'fate at your head, man.

What happens if the government begins to go south in say 10 ten years or so? What's an old fuck like you going to do then? Are you going to be willing share your Medicare with a buuuuuuunch of dumb blue fuckers who didn't do much of anything other than vote themselves in on  your earned entitlement program? I mean, Odin had hardly worked at all and he felt as if he was entitled to receive medicare now.

Seriously?  It's an insurance program.  Some never collect and others collect early and more than the average.  So what?

BTW, no other insurance program has the reliability of one backed by the US government … nor is it as efficient and nearly as inexpensive.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Who can beat Trump?

This guy can.

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Who can beat Trump?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-03-2018, 04:04 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Who can beat Trump?

What's the chart of the Republican candidate who is running against Amy Klobachar?
My scoring system only applies to USA presidential candidates. Apparently, acc to a wikipedia excerpt quoted by google that doesn't exist on his wikipedia page, he was ironically born on March 6, 1964 in a little California village called Minnesota, and then moved to Minnesota! It's near Redding, a very conservative town in northern California. It looks to be in an area that might have been burned down in the recent fire. He looks like a typical Gen X right-winger.

I gather you think he's presidential material. But he's not going to beat Klobuchar for the senate. They have virtually identical scores on my system; hers is 7-7 and his is 8-8. Surprisingly, he has the "crusading" aspects that liberals usually have, so his views might well be extreme and based on some zealous mission he has set for himself.

Note that my scores can change a bit if and when a candidate's birth time becomes known to me.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-03-2018, 02:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: My scoring system only applies to USA presidential candidates. Apparently, acc to a wikipedia excerpt quoted by google that doesn't exist on his wikipedia page, he was ironically born on March 6, 1964 in a little California village called Minnesota, and then moved to Minnesota! It's near Redding, a very conservative town in northern California. It looks to be in an area that might have been burned down in the recent fire. He looks like a typical Gen X right-winger.

I gather you think he's presidential material. But he's not going to beat Klobuchar for the senate. They have virtually identical scores on my system; hers is 7-7 and his is 8-8. Surprisingly, he has the "crusading" aspects that liberals usually have, so his views might well be extreme and based on some zealous mission he has set for himself.

Note that my scores can change a bit if and when a candidate's birth time becomes known to me.
I didn't know much about him personally or as a candidate. Thanks for your inputs.