Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Maelstrom of Violence
Literal TREASON against a state:

by: Adam Fisher
Posted: Oct 8, 2020 / 10:36 AM EDT Updated: Oct 8, 2020 / 12:25 PM EDT

LANSING, Mich (WLNS)- 6 News has learned, State law enforcement stopped a ‘massive statewide’ plot to kidnap and kill Michigan Governor.

Six men already faces federal charges in that plot, and authorities say, they even went as far as to find and watch her vacation home and building bombs, authorities say.
A document filed in federal court Tuesday identifies the suspects as Adam Fox, Barry Croft, Ty Garbin, Kaleb Franks, Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta.

In the criminal complaint, an FBI agent wrote that talk of targeting the governor surfaced as early as June as Fox and other members of an unnamed militia met in Ohio. They were angry about Whitmer’s mandates issued in response to the coronavirus that shut down businesses.
The documents show that as conversations continued over the following months, sometimes at tactical training gatherings, a more firm plan formed.

“Fox described it as a ‘Snatch and grab, man. Grab the (expletive) Governor. Just grab the (expletive). Because that that point, we do that, dude — it’s over,’” the criminal complaint reads in part.

According to the document, the militia members talked about storming the state Capitol in Lansing and killing police officers, but Garbin shut that idea down. It was then the focus turned to the governor’s vacation home. The suspects allegedly figured out where that house was and went there Aug. 29 to scope it out.

Fox ultimately bought a Taser to use in the attack. In addition to discussing various bombings, Garbin suggested blowing up a nearby bridge in an effort to slow the police response.

The plan was to take Whitmer to Wisconsin and hold a kangaroo court trial for treason.
There was talk of actually carrying out the plan on the night of Sept. 12 and Sept. 13, but Croft thought the time was not right, so the suspects held off. They wanted to do it before the Nov. 3 election.

Fox had been staying at the Vac Shack at the intersection of S. Division Avenue and 36th Street in Grand Rapids, which was raided by the FBI Wednesday.
The store’s owner Brian Titus told News 8 he has known Fox since he was a child. He said he knew Fox was in a militia, but didn’t know how serious his anti-government opinions had gotten.

“I thought he was just trying to stand up for our constitutional rights,” Titus, clearly upset, said.

He said Fox had “changed” in the last eight months, objecting to wearing a mask because he thought it was a violation of his rights. Titus said he attended a protest of militia members at the state Capitol over the summer.

All the suspects except for Croft, who is from Delaware, are from Michigan. Harris lives in Lake Orion.

The Michigan Attorney General will Join both the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan, and Eastern District of Michigan, as well as the FBI, and Michigan State Police Colonial at 1 PM to discuss the plot, and their investigation.

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS)– Happening today at 1 PM Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel will make a joint announcement with several law enforcement officials across the state.
Those officials include:

• Andrew Birge, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan

• Matthew Schneider, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan

• Josh Hauxhurst, Assistant Special Agent-in-Charge, F.B.I.

• Michigan State Police Col. Joseph Casper
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Sununu says inauguration ceremony canceled because of concerns over armed protesters

Ceremony had been scheduled for next week

CONCORD, N.H. —
Gov. Chris Sununu announced Wednesday that his outdoor inauguration ceremony scheduled for next week is being canceled because of concerns over armed protesters.

The outdoor ceremony had been scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 7.
"My first responsibility is ensuring the safety of my family and our citizens," Gov. Chris Sununu said. "For weeks, armed protesters have increasingly become more aggressive, targeting my family, protesting outside my private residence and trespassing on my property — an outdoor public ceremony simply brings too much risk. We do not make this decision lightly, but it is the right thing to do."

The governor said he and the Executive Council will be sworn in during a small ceremony that will be attended by leaders of both houses in the legislature and will be virtually attended by all other members on Jan. 7.

Sununu will deliver his inaugural address at 7 p.m. on Jan. 7. More details will be made public in the coming days.

"Late Monday night, an individual, an armed individual was arrested in my backyard with over two dozen rounds of ammunition," Sununu said. "And, as governor, my obligation is to the safety of my family, to the safety of the citizens of this state and so therefore, it was prudent to cancel that event and make further adjustments."

Sununu said he consulted with Attorney General Gordon MacDonald, Senate President Chuck Morse and acting-House Speaker Sherm Packard in making the decision.
Sununu, a Republican, is entering his third term in office after defeating Democratic challenger Dan Feltes in November.

https://www.wmur.com/article/found-photo-album-orlando/35087974
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

WMUR-TV is ABC-9 for southern New Hampshire.

To Hell with this sort of violence!

(New York Times)

WASHINGTON — The leader of the Proud Boys, the far-right group that has vocally supported President Trump’s efforts to overturn the election results, was arrested on Monday on charges of destruction of property after he arrived in Washington to protest the congressional certification of the election later this week, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys, was arrested by Metropolitan Police on suspicion of burning a Black Lives Matter banner torn from a historic Black church in Washington during protests last month that led to several violent clashes, including stabbings, around the city.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police Department confirmed that Mr. Tarrio, 36, had been arrested on charges of destruction of property, stemming from a mid-December incident in downtown Washington. Upon his arrest he was found to be in possession of two high-capacity firearm magazines and charged accordingly with possession.

The arrest also pits the Justice Department against some of Mr. Trump’s most ardent supporters; the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington acts as the main prosecutor’s office for the District of Columbia.

A police spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. A lawyer for Mr. Tarrio could not immediately be located, and Mr. Tarrio could not be reached.

Mr. Trump exhorted his supporters to descend on Washington to express their dismay with the certification of the election for President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. On New Year’s Day, he promoted what he described as “the BIG Protest Rally” in Washington.

The Proud Boys were key players in protests and marches in mid-December that gave way to violent clashes between Mr. Trump’s supporters, counterprotesters and law enforcement, as well as vandalism and destruction of property at churches in the city, including historic Black churches.

The local police said at the time that it would investigate the church attacks as potential hate crimes.
Mr. Tarrio then said on social media and in an interview with The Washington Post that he had burned the Black Lives Matter flag from the Asbury United Methodist Church, one of the oldest Black churches in Washington, and that he would plead guilty to destruction of property if he were faced with a criminal charge.
“Let me make this simple,” he said. “I did it.”

Washington is bracing for another round of protests on Wednesday, when the Senate convenes to certify the results of the Electoral College. Pro-Trump groups including the Proud Boys are expected to protest, and law enforcement officials are preparing for more violence.

Mr. Tarrio had said on far-right message boards and the social media app Parler that the Proud Boys would “turn out in record numbers on Jan 6th,” but that they would fan out across the city “incognito.”
— Katie Benner
TROOPS TO DEPLOY
In anticipation of protests by the Proud Boys, about 340 Army National Guard troops are expected to deploy on Tuesday and remain for two days in support of local law enforcement.

my comment:

It serves him right!

Are you at the Capitol, Classic Xer? Your boys are doing what you say they are going to do.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-06-2021, 04:17 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Are you at the Capitol, Classic Xer? Your boys are doing what you say they are going to do.

Nope. I just found out about it a little while ago. I hate to say it, I told you so. We can't have two sets of rules or double standard in this country. Oh, and all the other stuff that I've been warning you guys about is coming too. The ball is in your court. Welcome to the 4T. You people should reconsider the crazy shit you want them to do to keep power in their hands and the money flowing in your direction. You should be happy though. The GOP is dead. The GOP hasn't come to that realization yet but its dead.
(01-06-2021, 06:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The GOP is dead. The GOP hasn't come to that realization yet but its dead.

Yep.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-06-2021, 06:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:17 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Are you at the Capitol, Classic Xer? Your boys are doing what you say they are going to do.

Nope. I just found out about it a little while ago. I hate to say it, I told you so. We can't have two sets of rules or double standard in this country. Oh, and all the other stuff that I've been warning you guys about is coming too. The ball is in your court. Welcome to the 4T. You people should reconsider the crazy shit you want them to do to keep power in their hands and the money flowing in your direction. You should be happy though. The GOP is dead. The GOP hasn't come to that realization yet but its dead.

1. Do you consider the takeover the Capitol building anything other than disgusting?

2. Do you still believe that the President was cheated of a victory?

3. Do you consider the response of the President weak?

4. Do you recognize that the essence of democracy is that those who lose the election recognizing the validity of their losses?

5. Do you have any strong evidence other than some gut feeling to believe that Trump was cheated? 

6. Do you repudiate political violence including disruption of normal process?

(01-06-2021, 07:06 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

1. Do you consider the takeover the Capitol building anything other than disgusting?

4. Do you recognize that the essence of democracy is that those who lose the election recognizing the validity of their losses?

5. Do you have any strong evidence other than some gut feeling to believe that Trump was cheated? 

I don't view what happened today as being anymore disgusting than what I watched take place all over the country last summer. As I told you before, I don't think/believe Biden won the election fair and square. Trump's response was adequate in my opinion. I understand the long standing tradition that we have as nation but I'm also realistic enough to understand that if the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else the tradition we've shared as a nation will come to an end. I view both parties as equally responsible for what happened today. Like I said, the GOP is dead. On the other hand, the Republican base is here to stay. Political violence had already been used several times before today which now makes it an option from here forward.
(01-06-2021, 07:01 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 06:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The GOP is dead. The GOP hasn't come to that realization yet but its dead.

Yep.
Yep. The GOP and DNC are more or less viewed as being on the same side now.
The focus may have been on the Capitol Building, but there were similar events elsewhere in several states. I hate to violate copyrights, but it is hard to be more succinct than an AP wire or to make comments on it without showing personal bias. 

Quote:SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Protesters backing President Donald Trump massed outside statehouses from Georgia to New Mexico on Wednesday, leading some officials to evacuate while cheers rang out at several demonstrations as a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol.

Hundreds of people gathered in state capitals nationwide to oppose President-elect Joe Biden’s win, waving signs saying “Stop the steal” and “Four more years.” Most of them didn’t wear masks amid the coronavirus pandemic, and some carried guns in places like Oklahoma, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and Washington state.

There were some scuffles in states like Ohio and California, with some instances of journalists or counterprotesters being pepper-sprayed or punched, but most demonstrations were peaceful — some of them quite small — and only a few arrests were reported.
New Mexico police evacuated staff as a precaution from a Statehouse building that includes the governor’s office and the secretary of state’s office, shortly after hundreds of flag-waving supporters arrived in a vehicle caravan and on horseback.

Demonstrators sang “God Bless America,” honked horns and wrongly announced on a megaphone that Trump was the rightful election winner — though Biden won the vote in New Mexico by a margin of roughly 11%.
“It’s the first time in the history of the United States that the peaceful transfer of power has been slowed by an act of violence,¨ Democratic House Speaker Brian Egolf said. “It is a shameful moment, and I hope that the Congress can recover soon.”
Violent protests in Washington, D.C., came as Congress tried to affirm Biden’s Electoral College victory. News that protesters had breached the U.S. Capitol set off cheers at pro-Trump protests in Minnesota, Nevada and Arizona, where armed protesters marched at the Capitol in Phoenix and several men displayed a guillotine.

Georgia’s secretary of state and his staff evacuated their offices at the Capitol as about 100 protesters gathered outside, some armed with long guns.
Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and his team decided to leave, according to Gabriel Sterling, a top official with Raffensperger’s office.
“We saw stuff happening at the Georgia Capitol and said we should not be around here, we should not be a spark,” Sterling told The Associated Press.
Trump has focused much of his ire on Raffensperger in the weeks following his loss by about 12,000 votes.

Republican Gov. Brian Kemp slammed the storming of the U.S. Capitol, calling it “a disgrace and quite honestly un-American.” Kemp said he was extending an executive order from protests over the summer activating the National Guard in case they are needed to protect the state Capitol on Monday when the legislative session begins.
In Washington state, protesters broke through a gate at the governor’s mansion and dozens of people gathered on the lawn for about 30 minutes before being cleared from the area. The crowd, some of whom were armed, repeated baseless allegations of election fraud. The State Patrol said that Gov. Jay Inslee “and his family are in a safe location.”
Earlier, dozens of people gathered at the state Capitol, demanding a recount of the U.S. presidential election and Washington’s gubernatorial election, which Inslee, a Democrat, won by more than 500,000 votes. The Statehouse has been closed to the public for nearly a year due to the pandemic.
In Utah, the staff of Gov. Spencer Cox was sent home as several hundred people gathered in Salt Lake City, Lt. Gov. Deidre Henderson tweeted. Salt Lake Tribune photographer Rick Egan said he was pepper-sprayed by a demonstrator who taunted him for wearing a mask and shoved him as he was shooting video of the protest. It wasn’t immediately clear if anyone was arrested.
At least one person was arrested at the Oregon Capitol in Salem on suspicion of harassment and disorderly conduct as police in riot gear tried to get people — many of them armed — to leave.

Video showed protesters and counterprotesters clashing and riot police moving in. But by midafternoon, only a few dozen people remained, their American flags and Trump banners drooping in the rain.
In Topeka, Kansas, chants of “Stop the steal” and “No more masks” faded as a rally ended and Trump supporters filed peacefully into the Statehouse building through security checkpoints, milling around historical exhibits.
In Honolulu, about 100 protesters lined the road outside the state Capitol waving American and Trump 2020 flags at passing cars. Sheryl Bieler, a retiree in the blue state, said she came out to “support our president and support the integrity of the elections.”
Trump supporters circled the state Capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin, in cars and trucks adorned with Trump and U.S. flags for several hours Wednesday, blaring their horns.
In Colorado, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock ordered city agencies to close buildings after hundreds gathered in front of the Capitol building for a protest against the election results.
In South Carolina, protesters supporting Trump came to the Statehouse but left before the U.S. Capitol was breached.
___
Associated Press writers John Hanna in Topeka, Kansas; Rachel La Corte in Olympia, Washington; Andrew Selsky in Salem, Oregon; Sophia Eppolito in Salt Lake City; Audrey McAvoy in Honolulu; Jonathan J. Cooper in Phoenix; Patty Nieberg in Denver; Todd Richmond in Madison, Wisconsin; and Sam Metz in Carson City, Nevada, contributed to this report.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-don...ae0124c85e

Unless you recognize that some of the people most likely to have led such a sick charade in Michigan are either in jail or under tight monitoring (recall the plot against the Governor late last year) I am surprised that no such story emerges from Michigan, one of the most politically-polarized of American states. We do have a response from the current and the former Governors of Michigan:

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) — Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer and former Republican Governor Rick Snyder released a joint statement today calling for national unity after pro-Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol Building.
What is unfolding today in our nation’s capital is truly appalling. Violence, vandalism, and insurrection have no place in this great country of ours. We are a nation of laws, not mobs,” Whitmer said. 
“While we come from different backgrounds and political parties, Governor Whitmer and I share a deep love for our country,” Snyder said. “We must always remember that we are Americans first, and we are not one another’s enemy. That’s why I join with Governor Whitmer in calling on people of goodwill across America to pray for peace, calm, and healing.”  
“Now is the time to put this election behind us once and for all,” Whitmer added. “We must unify as one nation to defeat our real enemy, which is the pandemic that has taken far too many of our friends, neighbors, and loved ones. As Americans, there is no problem we can’t solve, and no challenge we can’t meet. Let’s all stay safe. Let’s take care of each other.

https://www.wlns.com/top-stories/governor-whitmer-snyder-issue-statements-regarding-d-c-protests/

[Image: 220px-WLNS_2015_logo.png]

Before anyone questions weather as a cause for political quiet in Michigan -- temperatures were seasonally chilly (just a bit above freezing), skies were overcast, and there was neither rain nor snow in the Lansing area.

(01-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 07:06 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I don't view what happened today as being anymore disgusting than what I watched take place all over the country last summer.

Black Lives Matters protests were far more civilized and respectful than this. I'm not going to speak for opportunistic rioters, but I can assure you that many protesters brought cameras so that they could document any police brutality. Many of the non-violent protesters are generally sympathetic to the police except in incidents (to put it as tamely as possible) of excessive force that ultimately disserve the police who have a tough job to do. Video and still cameras ended up documenting criminal behavior by rioters and violent counter-protesters. Know well that the news media readily share video of criminal acts to law enforcement. We probably agree about looters, vandals, and those who committed assault. Arrest them, prosecute them, and imprison them. Where we differ is on the rightful use of law enforcement. You want it to exist to repress anything that you consider "un-American", as you see the word "American" in a narrower range of ethnicity, religious heritage, and ideology than I do. I see law enforcement as a necessity for protecting property rights, civil liberties, and personal safety of us all in America.    

Quote: As I told you before, I don't think/believe Biden won the election fair and square.

If you don't think or believe that Biden won the 2020 election "fair and square", then tell me which elections have been "fair and square" in America.  I have a favorite link that you can use for making your choices. 

https://uselectionatlas.org/

Is this (2020)

[Image: DD0000.gif] Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Kamala D. Harris Democratic 81,284,778 51.27% 306 56.9% 
[Image: 0000DD.gif] Donald J. Trump Michael R. Pence Republican 74,224,501 46.82% 232 43.1%

somehow less decisive than this (1980)?

[Image: 0000DD.gif] Ronald Reagan George Bush Republican 43,903,230 50.75% 489 90.9%
[Image: DD0000.gif] James Carter Walter Mondale Democratic 35,480,115 41.01% 49  9.1%
[Image: 00DD00.gif] John Anderson Patrick Lucey Independent 5,719,850 6.61% 0.0%

Or do you consider elections valid only when they go the way that you want them? 

51.27% to 46.2% looks like a bigger margin than 50.75% to 47.67%, I'd say. 

Polling was generally consistent for Trump from mid-2017 to very late in the 2020 campaign, when Trump came closer to winning than had seemed possible. 

Quote:Trump's response was adequate in my opinion. 

No, it was not. Trump told the rioters in the Capitol that they had been cheated of a Trump victory. The voting was over, but Donald Trump sought to use a mass rally to overturn the vote. Mike Pence and Mitch McConnell did their appointed, Constitutionally-defined roles. 

(Deutsche Welle)

Quote:I understand the long standing tradition that we have as nation but I'm also realistic enough to understand that if the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else the tradition we've shared as a nation will come to an end.

Bullhist! Democrats were fully for the rule of law throughout the campaign and the electoral process. The only irregularity about this election is the clear and present danger of a pandemic. So that people could vote without undue danger many state legislatures voted to allow extensions of early and absentee voting. So let us suppose that some militia appears at a polling place and gives an implicit threat that those that it does not want voting will face dire consequences for voting. Any police chief would confront such a militia and give it the choice of dispersing by using the means that it used for getting where it is or being arrested and taken away by the police.  Figure that COVID-19 poses a similar danger to an African-American voter as does a KKK fascist wielding a rifle, camera, or noose. Of course I will say this about COVID-19: it seems to pose a threat to anyone irrespective of ethnic origin. The police cannot arrest SARS-2, the virus responsible for the respiratory disease, let alone transport it to a jail.

I am also satisfied that the means of ensuring a clean election unsuited to tampering are as good as they ever have been. Both Parties have insisted upon this, and both have implemented controls that make tampering with voting devices or materials, impersonation of voters, acceptance of votes from deceased voters, or intimidation of voters much more difficult. Democrats may have been unable to canvas voters as they usually do, which may have ensured that fewer Democrats got elected than might otherwise have been elected. -- due to COVID-19.

If there is any vote fraud, it is intimidation by COVID-19... a virus.  

Quote:I view both parties as equally responsible for what happened today.

Tell me who the Democrats were at the Trump rally, and tell me what Democrats illegally entered and occupied the Capitol building.  Capitol police, who are probably heavily Democratic, do not count. But all in all, Congress ratified who will be President as of January 20 in an uncharacteristically bipartisan manner..

Quote:Like I said, the GOP is dead. On the other hand, the Republican base is here to stay.

The GOP in which Jacob Javits, Charles Percy, Hugh Scott, William Milliken, and probably Everett Dirksen and Gerald Ford were welcome is dead. People of the demographics that liked Ike and were called "Rockefeller Republicans" are now heavily Democratic in their voting. Just recall my Eisenhower/Obama overlay. Republicans used to wipe the Democrats on the floor with people of above-average education; now Democrats do so with Republicans among people with above-average education. As late as 1964 Goldwater won among college-educated voters despite losing in a 60-40 landslide in the popular vote against "Au H2O". 

I'm not going to deny the reality of the Trump base and its likelihood of getting its favored candidate nominated as the Republican candidate for President in 2024. The Trump base is old and less-well educated. It is not being replenished adequately to win reliably in subsequent elections.  

Quote:Political violence had already been used several times before today which now makes it an option from here forward.

...an option likely to cause one to be taken away in a police squad car, of course whether immediately or after one is indicted (based perhaps upon photographic evidence that people supply to police or prosecutors in disgust toward an illegal act). Know well: whether one is in the USA or China one is just as free to riot -- which means, not at all. The difference is that American prosecution doesn't need any secret police to win convictions against rioters such as those who disrupted a session of Congress.

(01-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't view what happened today as being anymore disgusting than what I watched take place all over the country last summer. As I told you before, I don't think/believe Biden won the election fair and square. Trump's response was adequate in my opinion. I understand the long standing tradition that we have as nation but I'm also realistic enough to understand that if the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else the tradition we've shared as a nation will come to an end. I view both parties as equally responsible for what happened today. Like I said, the GOP is dead. On the other hand, the Republican base is here to stay. Political violence had already been used several times before today which now makes it an option from here forward.

I'll answer your objections in order:
  • If you really believe what you wrote, you might be well advised to consider the dictionary definition of sedition: sedition [səˈdiSH(ə)n] conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.  Nothing done by any of the protestors last summer (or any time recently) qualifies as sedition, but inciting a group of hyped-up Trumpists to invade the US Capitol certainly does.
  • I assume you have an idea in mind that describes how "the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else", so pray tell us. I'm sure its the product of the alt-media, so it's almost certainly outside my view plane.
  • Both sides do it is nonsense, particularly in this case. I saw no actions by anyone associated with the Democrats contribute to this riot in any way.  I saw a few of their vets and former spooks take charge and keep people safe.
  • What I saw was a group of conspiracy cultists following their cult-muse: DJT.  I also saw a few (certainly not all) Republicans looking at the carnage and deciding they were playing on the wrong team.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-07-2021, 01:38 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't view what happened today as being anymore disgusting than what I watched take place all over the country last summer. As I told you before, I don't think/believe Biden won the election fair and square. Trump's response was adequate in my opinion. I understand the long standing tradition that we have as nation but I'm also realistic enough to understand that if the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else the tradition we've shared as a nation will come to an end. I view both parties as equally responsible for what happened today. Like I said, the GOP is dead. On the other hand, the Republican base is here to stay. Political violence had already been used several times before today which now makes it an option from here forward.

• If you really believe what you wrote, you might be well advised to consider the dictionary definition of sedition: sedition [səˈdiSH(ə)n] conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.  Nothing done by any of the protestors last summer (or any time recently) qualifies as sedition, but inciting a group of hyped-up Trumpists to invade the US Capitol certainly does.
  • I assume you have an idea in mind that describes how "the Democrats don't respect the rule of law like most everyone else", so pray tell us. I'm sure its the product of the alt-media, so it's almost certainly outside my view plane.
  • Both sides do it is nonsense, particularly in this case. I saw no actions by anyone associated with the Democrats contribute to this riot in any way.  I saw a few of their vets and former spooks take charge and keep people safe.
  • What I saw was a group of conspiracy cultists following their cult-muse: DJT.  I also saw a few (certainly not all) Republicans looking at the carnage and deciding they were playing on the wrong team.

Very different from my answers, but at least equally right. Donald Trump has just made himself the scapegoat for everything that has gone wrong in the last part of this Crisis.

You should check out the definition of insurrection. Do you have two eyes and ears that work and a sound mind that is capable of reasoning? If you do, you haven't shown it for many years? Oh, I take that back. I saw it once many years ago when you knew that you lost a battle for control over a forum to me and a group of hard core American believers. Well, what took place back then is about to take place nationally with the Democrats in the position of making mistakes and losing control of everything. Welcome to the 4T.
(01-10-2021, 04:46 PM)taramarie Wrote: David, i highly recommend he is removed given he only seems to lash out like a child and as such isnt worthy of having a conversation with, as he fails to hold a conversation as a mature adult. He never grew up emotionally.
Who's the child? Look at yourself, see what you want a moderator to do for you and your peace of mind. I suggest that you grow up or stick to art.
The American people have voted to give control of the White House, the Senate, and the House of Representatives to the Democrats. Georgia has turned blue, and the "Squad" is growing. In the aftermath of the thwarted insurrection, the president is facing a second impeachment. White House officials are abandoning ship, and several Republicans have joined in calling for his impeachment. Trump has been banned permanently from twitter and facebook, and parler is offline. Trump's approval ratings with the public have long been poor. Those who fomented rebellion in Congress are losing their major donors and facing heavy censure. Those who participated in the assault of the Capitol are being hunted down and arrested, with many of them making excuses and pleading mercy.

I don't know, Classic Xer, it looks to me like it is your side that is losing.

(01-10-2021, 04:19 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

You should check out the definition of insurrection. Do you have two eyes and ears that work and a sound mind that is capable of reasoning? If you do, you haven't shown it for many years? Oh, I take that back. I saw it once many years ago when you knew that you lost a battle for control over a forum to me and a group of hard core American believers. Well, what took place back then is about to take place nationally with the Democrats in the position of making mistakes and losing control of everything. Welcome to the 4T.

Picking one at random: insurrection (insəˈrekSH(ə)n) -- a violent uprising against an authority or government. That's pretty accurate to what occurred on 1/6/2021, and it won't be allowed to just lie there and be ignored. If you're in this, you should contact your lawyer.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-10-2021, 05:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 04:46 PM)taramarie Wrote: David, i highly recommend he is removed given he only seems to lash out like a child and as such isnt worthy of having a conversation with, as he fails to hold a conversation as a mature adult. He never grew up emotionally.

Who's the child? Look at yourself, see what you want a moderator to do for you and your peace of mind. I suggest that you grow up or stick to art.

C-Xer, I could require that you participate under your real name, since you're so full of bravado about it.  I use mine, and I don't throw insults around like cordwood.  Be brave; stand naked.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden is using a racial narrative to obscure the class character of police violence Einzige 10 3,246 04-25-2021, 10:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence pbrower2a 3 3,643 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a