Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Election 2020
(10-10-2020, 03:11 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:24 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Playing by the rules accepts that the rules are valid. So it is with sporting events, and so it is with criminal law. Of course when government makes or bends the rules on the side of repression we have a problem.

Playing by the rules accepts there are/will be consequences for breaking them and knowing whether the rules seem valid or not doesn't/isn't going to  matter. Are you repressed? Are they really repressed? Was Kamala repressed? Was Obama repressed? Are the thousands that we've seen peaceful protesting or rioting or looting and burning down buildings repressed? Are the ones we see spouting their mouths from their plush looking rooms in their homes on Fox repressed? Give me a break. I'm telling you dude, there's a reason why Fox News Channel is quickly becoming America's news channel. I've heard that their ratings have hit an all time high and surpassed the national news outlets.

If you get your way, repression will skyrocket.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Polling averages on 270towin:
Oct.10

National: Biden +9.7
https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

https://www.270towin.com/content/2020-pr...te-polling
Alaska Trump +6
Arizona Biden +3
Florida Biden +4.6
Georgia Biden +0.7
Iowa Biden +1
Michigan Biden +8.6
Minnesota Biden +9
Montana Trump +10
Nevada Biden +7.4
New Hampshire Biden +9.2
North Carolina Biden +3
Ohio Biden +0.6
Pennsylvania Biden +8.2
South Carolina Trump +5.7
Texas Trump +4
Virginia Biden +9.5
Wisconsin Biden +6.2

Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.11, 3 PM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol.../national/

National Biden +10.4

Alaska Trump +4.4
Arizona Biden +3.9
Colorado Biden +12
Florida Biden +4.5
Georgia Biden +0.9
Iowa Biden +1.0
Kansas Trump +6.7
Maine CD-2 Biden +1.2
Michigan Biden +8.0
Minnesota Biden +9.2
Missouri Trump +5.5
Montana Trump +8.6
Nevada Biden +6.8
New Hampshire Biden +10.8
North Carolina Biden +2.9
Ohio Biden +0.7
Pennsylvania Biden +7.3
South Carolina Trump +5.3
Texas Trump +1.5
Virginia Biden +12.7
Wisconsin Biden +7.2

[Image: Qp62J]

fivethirtyeight poll averages using 270towin interactive map
gray = tossup +-3%, red = Republican, blue = Democratic: 3-9% leaning, 9-15% likely, 15+% solid (light to dark colors)

Over 6 million people have already voted.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
When the arrow is pointing at the middle blue, am I allowed to relax a little bit?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(10-12-2020, 01:50 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: When the arrow is pointing at the middle blue, am I allowed to relax a little bit?

No! Stay tense and stay worried! Or whatever you want to be Smile

Things are still moving slowly further our way, it appears.

Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.12, 8 PM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

National Biden +10.4

Alaska Trump +4.3
Arizona Biden +3.9
Colorado Biden +12
Florida Biden +4.5
Georgia Biden +0.9
Iowa Biden +1.1
Kansas Trump +6.6
Maine CD-2 Biden +1.3
Michigan Biden +8.1
Minnesota Biden +9.2
Missouri Trump +5.4
Montana Trump +8.1
Nevada Biden +6.9
New Hampshire Biden +10.9
Ohio Biden +0.7
Pennsylvania Biden +7.3
Texas Trump +1.5
Virginia Biden +12.7
Wisconsin Biden +7.7

Real Clear Politics
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/2020/
General Election: Trump vs. Biden
Biden51.8
Trump41.6
Biden +10.2

The Democrats have still not shut down the Senate. Graham has gaveled to order their shit show so they can keep the USA on the road to injustice, climate disaster, banana republic status, money dominated politics, and reversal of voting rights and other rights for all races and genders, for the next 40 years. It will not matter if Biden wins and the Democrats win the Senate if in 2021 they do not abolish the filibuster and pack the Court. And nominate someone other than Kamala Harris for president in the future. Biden's victory alone will not move things forward much; just return us to a modicum of presidential competence.

Some Senate polls from fivethirtyeight
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/
latest poll first, October only

Alabama: Tuberville (Rep) +12
Alaska: Sullivan (Rep) +4
Arizona: Kelly (Dem) +2, +5, +10, +6, +8, +11
Colorado: Hickenlooper (Dem) +9
Georgia (two seats up): Ossoff (Dem) +1, +5; Democrats 44-Republicans 46
Iowa: Greenfield (Dem) +4, +3, +5, +2, +1, +12
Kansas: Bollier (Dem) +4
Maine: Gideon (Dem) +1, +8, +5
Michigan: Peters (Dem) +1, +3, +6, +2, +8, +7
Montana: even, Daines (Rep) +9, Bullock (Dem) +4
North Carolina: Cunningham (Dem) +9, +4, +5, +12
South Carolina: Harrison (Dem) +1, Graham (Rep) +1
Texas: Cornyn (Rep) +8, +1, +3

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-12-2020, 01:56 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 01:50 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: When the arrow is pointing at the middle blue, am I allowed to relax a little bit?

No! Stay tense and stay worried! Or whatever you want to be Smile

Things are still moving slowly further our way, it appears...

I agree with Eric. It's wise to stay frosty and focused.  For me, the voting is over and my ballot is approved (though not evaluated at this point).  I've encouraged others of like mind to vote by mail early and many have  -- most of them without my prompting.  I wrote a commentary for the local paper that may have had some effect as well.  In this very Red county, I'm about out of bullets, but I hope I swayed at least a few.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-10-2020, 06:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:24 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Playing by the rules accepts that the rules are valid. So it is with sporting events, and so it is with criminal law. Of course when government makes or bends the rules on the side of repression we have a problem.

Playing by the rules accepts there are/will be consequences for breaking them and knowing whether the rules seem valid or not doesn't/isn't going to  matter. Are you repressed? Are they really repressed? Was Kamala repressed? Was Obama repressed? Are the thousands that we've seen peaceful protesting or rioting or looting and burning down buildings repressed? Are the ones we see spouting their mouths from their plush looking rooms in their homes on Fox repressed? Give me a break. I'm telling you dude, there's a reason why Fox News Channel is quickly becoming America's news channel. I've heard that their ratings have hit an all time high and surpassed the national news outlets.

So, which group controls the amount of repression that takes place in your areas? Is it Black Lives Matter or Antifa or the Liberal Woke's and their corporate allies and their ties to Liberal courts or the Greens or the Democrats these days? You do realize that the current issue over American sovereignty is going to be settled one way or another within our lifetime.
(10-13-2020, 12:21 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

So, which group controls the amount of repression that takes place in your areas? Is it Black Lives Matter or Antifa or the Liberal Woke's and their corporate allies and their ties to Liberal courts or the Greens or the Democrats these days? You do realize that the current issue over American sovereignty is going to be settled one way or another within our lifetime.

Repression in our area and all areas is done by your Party.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.14, 4 AM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

National Biden +10.5

Alaska Trump +4.8
Arizona Biden +3.9
Colorado Biden +12.9
Florida Biden +4.5
Georgia Biden +0.7
Iowa Biden +1.3
Kansas Trump +7.1
Maine CD-2 Biden +1.3
Michigan Biden +8.0
Minnesota Biden +9.1
Missouri Trump +6
Montana Trump +8.3
Nevada Biden +6.4
New Hampshire Biden +11.4
North Carolina Biden +3.3
Ohio Biden +0.1
Pennsylvania Biden +7.2
South Carolina Trump +7.1
Texas Trump +1.4
Virginia Biden +12.7
Wisconsin Biden +7.9

[Image: 6zkoE]

gray = tossup +-3%, red = Republican, blue = Democratic: 3-9% leaning, 9-15% likely, 15+% solid (light to dark colors)

Over 11 million people have already voted.

Likely and solid red states are getting less red, and blue states are getting more blue, but most of the leaning red states are leaning further. Toss-ups are, well, toss-ups!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-10-2020, 06:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Polling averages on 270towin:
Oct.10

National: Biden +9.7
https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

https://www.270towin.com/content/2020-pr...te-polling
Alaska Trump +6
Arizona Biden +3
Florida Biden +4.6
Georgia Biden +0.7
Iowa Biden +1
Michigan Biden +8.6
Minnesota Biden +9
Montana Trump +10
Nevada Biden +7.4
New Hampshire Biden +9.2
North Carolina Biden +3
Ohio Biden +0.6
Pennsylvania Biden +8.2
South Carolina Trump +5.7
Texas Trump +4
Virginia Biden +9.5
Wisconsin Biden +6.2

Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.11, 3 PM EDT

National Biden +10.4

Alaska Trump +4.4
Arizona Biden +3.9
Colorado Biden +12
Florida Biden +4.5
Georgia Biden +0.9
Iowa Biden +1.0
Kansas Trump +6.7
Maine CD-2 Biden +1.2
Michigan Biden +8.0
Minnesota Biden +9.2
Missouri Trump +5.5
Montana Trump +8.6
Nevada Biden +6.8
New Hampshire Biden +10.8
Ohio Biden +0.7
Pennsylvania Biden +7.3
Texas Trump +1.5
Virginia Biden +12.7
Wisconsin Biden +7.2

[Image: Qp62J]

Over 6 million people have already voted.
Yep. 6 million people who are mainly Democrats have already voted as we are all waiting to vote on election day.
(10-13-2020, 04:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

We aren't repressing anyone. The Democratic groups are doing it now and have been doing it all along but we're not doing it yet. We can and we will eventually but we have decided to remain idle and wait for the proof we need to see and respond with equal kind. You already dug your own holes we're just the bulldozers that fill them in.
(10-13-2020, 06:12 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 03:11 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Playing by the rules accepts there are/will be consequences for breaking them and knowing whether the rules seem valid or not doesn't/isn't going to  matter. Are you repressed? Are they really repressed? Was Kamala repressed? Was Obama repressed? Are the thousands that we've seen peaceful protesting or rioting or looting and burning down buildings repressed? Are the ones we see spouting their mouths from their plush looking rooms in their homes on Fox repressed? Give me a break. I'm telling you dude, there's a reason why Fox News Channel is quickly becoming America's news channel. I've heard that their ratings have hit an all time high and surpassed the national news outlets.

We aren't repressing anyone. The Democratic groups are doing it now and have been doing it all along but we're not doing it yet. We can and we will eventually but we have decided to remain idle and wait for the proof we need to see and respond with equal kind. You already dug your own holes we're just the bulldozers that fill them in.

you guys are the repressors

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-13-2020, 06:12 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: We aren't repressing anyone. The Democratic groups are doing it now and have been doing it all along but we're not doing it yet. We can and we will eventually but we have decided to remain idle and wait for the proof we need to see and respond with equal kind. You already dug your own holes we're just the bulldozers that fill them in.

I readily believe you haven't done anything personally. It is your way to talk not act. Still, various red factions have repressed. The military, the secret police, the racist violent police, the voter repressers, the gerrymandering... Various people have reasons to feel repressed by the reds.

Pure Antifa don't repress. They wait for the opposition to attack and counterattack with enthusiasm. But, I don't trust the movement to be all that pure. Between the variants, the looters, and the Boogaloo Bois a red person could feel picked upon. The red have a few of the more violent militias such as the Proud Boys and the factions that tried to take the governor of Michigan attaching themselves to the red movement. I have learned not to trust those who are not trading on their home ground. At any rate, nobody is lily pure these days.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(10-13-2020, 05:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Yep. 6 million people who are mainly Democrats have already voted as we are all  waiting to vote on election day.

Yup, because you Republicans don't care about your own health or anyone else's.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-13-2020, 05:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Yep. 6 million people who are mainly Democrats have already voted as we are all  waiting to vote on election day.

Yes, and don't forget that Republicans vote on Wednesday November 4th. Big Grin
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-13-2020, 06:12 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: We aren't repressing anyone. The Democratic groups are doing it now and have been doing it all along but we're not doing it yet. We can and we will eventually but we have decided to remain idle and wait for the proof we need to see and respond with equal kind. You already dug your own holes we're just the bulldozers that fill them in.

Let's take voter suppression.  If we set gerrymandering aside, 100% of all voter suppression in the country is GOP initiated and controlled. And gerrymandering is more GOP than Dem, but both sides do it when they can.  The GOP is unique in taking it far enough that courts have mandated redress.  This is all easily verifiable, btw.
Here is the potential for another form of voter rejection.  Imagine waiting hours in a voting line only to be turned away for wearing an item that is judged by a poll worker to promote a specific candidate?  It may be prudent to leave your political propaganda at home while voting, or at least limit yourself to stuff that can be easily covered up or removed.
Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.14, 9:30 PM EDT, edited 3 PM Oct.15

National Biden +10.5

Alaska Trump +4.5
Arizona Biden +3.8
Colorado Biden +13.1
Florida Biden +4.2
Georgia Biden +1.2
Indiana Trump +9.9
Iowa Biden +0.2
Kansas Trump +6.9
Maine CD-2 Biden +2.4
Michigan Biden +7.8
Minnesota Biden +9.1
Missouri Trump +6.1
Montana Trump +8.2
Nevada Biden +6.5
New Hampshire Biden +11.4
North Carolina Biden +3.3
Ohio Biden 0.1
Pennsylvania Biden +6.9
South Carolina Trump +7.3
Texas Trump +1.4
Virginia Biden +13.4
Wisconsin Biden +7.7

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I'm a number cruncher at heart, so here goes with a complete fivethirtyeight list as of Oct.15, 4 PM EDT. edit 7:30 AM Oct.16
with electoral votes:

District of Columbia Biden +78, 3
Massachusetts Biden +38.2, 11
Vermont Biden +33.1, 3
Maryland Biden +32.5, 10
California Biden +31.1, 55
New York Biden +30.9, 29
Hawaii Biden +30.7, 4
Rhode Island Biden +30.2, 4
Delaware Biden +26.7, 3
Connecticut Biden +25.8, 7
Washington Biden +25.2, 12
Maine CD1 Biden +24.7, 1
New Jersey Biden +19.7, 14
Oregon Biden +19.5, 7
Illinois Biden +18.4, 20
Maine Biden +15, 2, = solid Biden 185

New Mexico Biden +13.6, 5
Virginia Biden +13.4, 13
Colorado Biden +13.1, 9
New Hampshire Biden +11.4, 4

National Biden +10.6, 538

Minnesota Biden +9.1, 10, = likely Biden 41 = 226

Michigan Biden +7.8, 16
Wisconsin Biden +7.6, 10
Nebraska CD2 Biden +7.5, 1
Pennsylvania Biden +6.9, 20 = tipping point = 273

Nevada Biden +6.5, 6
Florida Biden +4.2, 29
Arizona Biden +3.8, 11
North Carolina Biden +3.1, 15 = leaning Biden 108 = 334

Maine CD2 Biden +2.4, 1
Georgia Biden +1.2, 16
Iowa Biden +0.3, 6
Ohio Biden +0.1, 18, = tilting Biden 41 = Biden 375

Texas Trump +1.4, 38 = tilting Trump 38 = 413

Alaska Trump +4.6, 3
Missouri Trump +6.1, 10
Kansas Trump +6.9, 6
Nebraska Trump +7.3, 2
Nebraska CD1 Trump +7.3, 1
South Carolina Trump +7.4, 9
Montana Trump +8.2, 3, = leaning Trump 34 =447

Indiana Trump +9.9, 11
Utah Trump +11.6, 6
Tennessee Trump +13.1, 11
Mississippi Trump +13.8, 6
Arkansas Trump +14.3, 6
South Dakota Trump +14.4, 3
Louisiana Trump +14.7, 8, = likely Trump 51 =498

Nebraska CD3 Trump +?, 1
Alabama Trump +17.7, 9
Kentucky Trump +17.8, 8
North Dakota Trump +20.3, 3
Idaho Trump +20.7, 4
Oklahoma Trump +21.5, 7
West Virginia Trump +23, 5
Wyoming Trump +33.8, 3, = solid Trump 40 = Trump 163 = 538

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-14-2020, 09:50 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Here is the potential for another form of voter rejection.  Imagine waiting hours in a voting line only to be turned away for wearing an item that is judged by a poll worker to promote a specific candidate?  It may be prudent to leave your political propaganda at home while voting, or at least limit yourself to stuff that can be easily covered up or removed.

They must be neutral. Some political attire might be offensive, as anything containing the word "F---" followed by a candidate's name.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-14-2020, 09:18 AM)David Horn Wrote:

Let's take voter suppression.  If we set gerrymandering aside, 100% of all voter suppression in the country is GOP initiated and controlled. And gerrymandering is more GOP than Dem, but both sides do it when they can.  The GOP is unique in taking it far enough that courts have mandated redress.  This is all easily verifiable, btw.
Oh, everything is verifiable or justifiable some way or another to you guys these days. So, when America decides it's time to let go/cut its ties with blue America and blue America is left with having only has each other to blame for its failures, mistakes and so forth, how do you see it all playing out? Me, I see another disaster like the ones we've seen before throughout our history. You don't verify, you nod your head or plug your nose and go along. I wouldn't lump you in with the blue sheeple because you've shown me that you have some balls and shown me that you have some common sense at a times. You've got a leg up on the rest and a better chance to survive than most people on the blue side these days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michigan plot, October 2020 pbrower2a 51 13,247 12-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  2021 general election pbrower2a 3 1,299 11-03-2021, 12:11 PM
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 615 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Election Night 2020 thread pbrower2a 80 20,237 10-14-2021, 01:01 AM
  Presidential election, 2024 pbrower2a 0 802 06-13-2021, 03:08 PM
  Election 2020 Eric the Green 57 35,502 05-26-2021, 11:37 PM
  NJ mailman allegedly tossed 99 election ballots into dumpster Swingline 0 843 03-18-2021, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Swingline
  Election Turnout by Generations jleagans 6 3,623 12-21-2020, 01:49 AM
  If Trump loses the next election Mickey123 45 15,540 12-20-2020, 07:25 PM
  2020 Predictions JDG 66 67 23,660 11-05-2020, 10:00 AM