Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Election 2020
I could not stomach watching Trump's town hall, and watched Biden's instead. From this video and other reports I heard, Trump probably didn't do himself any better than he did at the debate. He was unable to describe his plan to replace the Obamacare his new Supreme Court will throw out. He continued to show no conerrn with handling the pandemic even after it infected him, and contributed to still more denial and inaction. And here Rachel Maddow describes him reverting to conspiracies theories already abundantly disproved.

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-16-2020, 05:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I could not stomach watching Trump's town hall, and watched Biden's instead. From this video and other reports I heard, Trump probably didn't do himself any better than he did at the debate.

Yah.  I didn't watch either, but did watch poor Rachel trying to fact check Trump in the aftermath.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Eric, what is your astrology readings saying about the likely winner of the 2020 election? Is it definitely positive for Biden or could we be in for a shock Trump surprise? I've not done any research yet into this and wondered your thoughts because you did say both Biden and Harris have unfavourable readings...
CNN has Michigan banning guns within 100' of a polling place, or wherever votes are being counted.

In a lot of ways, I don't blame them.  It is one way to eliminate voter intimidation.

In another way, it is infringing the right to bear arms.  The founding fathers did not say except for hospitals, except for schools, or except for polling places.  They said 'shall not be infringed'.

We'll see if what is left of the Wolverine Watchman sue for a stay.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(10-16-2020, 12:05 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: CNN has Michigan banning guns within 100' of a polling place, or wherever votes are being counted.

In a lot of ways, I don't blame them.  It is one way to eliminate voter intimidation.

In another way, it is infringing the right to bear arms.  The founding fathers did not say except for hospitals, except for schools, or except for polling places.  They said 'shall not be infringed'.

Good news; glad to see that.

MAGA-hat wearing, gun-totin' fanatics without masks should not be allowed to intimidate voters anywhere.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-16-2020, 11:50 AM)Isoko Wrote: Eric, what is your astrology readings saying about the likely winner of the 2020 election? Is it definitely positive for Biden or could we be in for a shock Trump surprise? I've not done any research yet into this and wondered your thoughts because you did say both Biden and Harris have unfavourable readings...

I'm working on this as we write. It was a hard election to call, because the signs were conflicting. So far I have found that, if Biden wins, it will have shifted my horoscope score calculations in favor of Biden to have shown a slight advantage for him. The horoscope scoring method has a strong record, as it is based on which planetary aspects (or basic angles between planets, similar to moon phases) are found in the horoscopes among all viable presidential candidates since George Washington. Up until now Trump has had a slight advantage in that indicator over Biden going into the election. There are several other indicators that work, and they give conflicting forecasts. http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html
See my video!

Right now Biden is solidifying his lead in the polls, and Trump is falling because of his own behavior. It is likely that if there's a "surprise," it will be because Trump gets his new right-wing Justice Barrett on the Supreme Court and they rule in favor of his lawsuits, and the Court simply declares Trump president. That would be the end of American democracy and the advent of a new caesarism in America. That could stoke the rise of caesars in Europe too according to your cyclic forecast, as America and the USA does influence European trends more than vice versa since the world wars.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.16, 6 PM EDT, edited Oct.17, 1 PM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol.../national/

National Biden +10.6

Alaska Trump +4.8
Arizona Biden +3.8
Florida Biden +4
Georgia Biden +1.3
Indiana Trump +9.8
Iowa Biden +0.2
Kansas Trump +6.7
Maine CD-2 Biden +2.5
Michigan Biden +7.8
Minnesota Biden +9
Missouri Trump +6.2
Montana Trump +8.2
Nevada Biden +6.4
New Hampshire Biden +11.4
North Carolina Biden +3.2
Ohio Trump +0.1
Pennsylvania Biden +6.8
South Carolina Trump +7.3
Texas Trump +1.4
Wisconsin Biden +7.7

[Image: ZdWpo]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-16-2020, 05:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Poll averages from fivethirtyeight Oct.164, 6 PM EDT
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pol.../national/

Oct 164?  I thought October seemed extra slow in passing this year, but I hadn't expected that way for Trump to extend his reign.  It makes Pope Gregory's XIII's theft of 11 days seem minor!  Wink
I would say that these traits would be unwelcome to anyone who must endure them as a client, constituent, subordinate, or any partner who has no choice:

The characteristic destructive behaviors of toxic leaders include (as I summarize them):

Quote:Leaving their followers (and frequently non-followers) worse off than they found them -- compromising them legally and morally, abusing them financially and sexually, destroying old family bonds and associations, and ruining their self-esteem

Violating the basic standards of human rights of their supporters as well as of non-supporters.

Grossly misrepresenting the competence and benign intentions of the Leader to the extent that followers see no alternatives to the Personality Cult

Playing to the basest fears and needs of people without solving them

Stifling any constructive criticism of the Leader and his methods and judgment of the results

Pervasive deceit

Subversion of traditional controls upon pathological leadership (legal process, education, the media) to get away with unethical, illegal, and criminal acts

Establishment of a dynastic or totalitarian succession at the expense of free elections in politics and institutional merit in businesses and government bureaucracies

Failure to nurture others (except cronies and family members) while inappropriately clinging to power

Pitting constituents against each other

Treating followers well, but encouraging them to hate and destroy others

Creating pariahs for abuse

Making the few who do well in the system dependent upon the survival of the power of the leader

Neglect or sponsorship of incompetence, cronyism, and corruption

Any question? Any high-profile figure that we all know?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Well, we are getting closer.  Today MSNBC skipped their regularly scheduled tell all Trump book review for a show all Obama book.  In As I See It they reminded us of what a real president looked like.  For the first time I wasn’t worried about they should have presented this later in October when it would have been fresher in a voter’s memory.  I asked why they were showing it so late, when so many people had already voted.

A worthwhile film.  So many real unposed pictures.  So many emotional pictures.  So many shots showing Barak and Michelle’s feelings for each other.  So many pictures of the kids just being family and having fun.  If you get a chance to see it, do.
(10-16-2020, 12:05 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: CNN has Michigan banning guns within 100' of a polling place, or wherever votes are being counted.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I have to work my way through a hostile crowd of Black Live Matter/Antifa/Radical Left Wing people to vote on election day.
(10-16-2020, 04:32 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 11:50 AM)Isoko Wrote: Eric, what is your astrology readings saying about the likely winner of the 2020 election? Is it definitely positive for Biden or could we be in for a shock Trump surprise? I've not done any research yet into this and wondered your thoughts because you did say both Biden and Harris have unfavourable readings...

I'm working on this as we write. It was a hard election to call, because the signs were conflicting. So far I have found that, if Biden wins, it will have shifted my horoscope score calculations in favor of Biden to have shown a slight advantage for him. The horoscope scoring method has a strong record, as it is based on which planetary aspects (or basic angles between planets, similar to moon phases) are found in the horoscopes among all viable presidential candidates since George Washington. Up until now Trump has had a slight advantage in that indicator over Biden going into the election. There are several other indicators that work, and they give conflicting forecasts. http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html
See my video!

Right now Biden is solidifying his lead in the polls, and Trump is falling because of his own behavior. It is likely that if there's a "surprise," it will be because Trump gets his new right-wing Justice Barrett on the Supreme Court and they rule in favor of his lawsuits, and the Court simply declares Trump president. That would be the end of American democracy and the advent of a new caesarism in America. That could stoke the rise of caesars in Europe too according to your cyclic forecast, as America and the USA does influence European trends more than vice versa since the world wars.
You're  a clever manipulator, I'm sure that you'll figure out a way to tweak things so it all works out in your favor.
(10-16-2020, 05:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I could not stomach watching Trump's town hall, and watched Biden's instead. From this video and other reports I heard, Trump probably didn't do himself any better than he did at the debate. He was unable to describe his plan to replace the Obamacare his new Supreme Court will throw out. He continued to show no conerrn with handling the pandemic even after it infected him, and contributed to still more denial and inaction. And here Rachel Maddow describes him reverting to conspiracies theories already abundantly disproved.

You're such a Liberal wimp. I watched some of both myself. I think Trump's was better. Someone forget to tell the attractive Liberal blond that she wasn't supposed to be the center of attention and that it wasn't supposed to be her job to attack, argue and debate with Trump during what was supposed to be a town hall format.
(10-16-2020, 11:04 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I would say that these traits would be unwelcome to anyone who must endure them as a client, constituent, subordinate, or any partner who has no choice:

The characteristic destructive behaviors of toxic leaders include (as I summarize them):

Quote:Leaving their followers (and frequently non-followers) worse off than they found them -- compromising them legally and morally, abusing them financially and sexually, destroying old family bonds and associations, and ruining their self-esteem

Violating the basic standards of human rights of their supporters as well as of non-supporters.

Grossly misrepresenting the competence and benign intentions of the Leader to the extent that followers see no alternatives to the Personality Cult

Playing to the basest fears and needs of people without solving them

Stifling any constructive criticism of the Leader and his methods and judgment of the results

Pervasive deceit

Subversion of traditional controls upon pathological leadership (legal process, education, the media) to get away with unethical, illegal, and criminal acts

Establishment of a dynastic or totalitarian succession at the expense of free elections in politics and institutional merit in businesses and government bureaucracies

Failure to nurture others (except cronies and family members) while inappropriately clinging to power

Pitting constituents against each other

Treating followers well, but encouraging them to hate and destroy others

Creating pariahs for abuse

Making the few who do well in the system dependent upon the survival of the power of the leader

Neglect or sponsorship of incompetence, cronyism, and corruption

Any question? Any high-profile figure that we all know?

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Biden?
(10-17-2020, 12:31 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I have to work my way through a hostile crowd of Black Live Matter/Antifa/Radical Left Wing people to vote on election day.

Have you heard of anyone trying that, or is it your imagination as usual.  Most on the left are counting on democracy and integrity to put them as far ahead as possible.  It is the red who are trying gerrymandering, voter suppression and intimidation.  They are the desperate folks at the moment that have no alternative if they want to cling to power.
Eric, 

Your method actually makes a lot of sense in what is happening over there. The reason I ask is that during my browsing, I have noticed the MAGA faction is coming out in strong numbers again. Lots of marches, gatherings, speeches. Trump is still pulling out the numbers of his base and this is why I'm starting to get a bit sceptical if Biden can pull this off. Come election day, there is the potentiality of a lot of MAGA people going in droves to the polls where as you may have undecideds who prefer to sit at home. 

On the other hand, I'm seeing a lot of people fed up with Trump but not particularly enamoured with Biden either. However they want a return to normalcy and public decency and think Biden will deliver it so will head to the polls and vote Democratic accordingly. 

I think your on to something with the supreme Court. That could really play things out in Trumps favour. I think that this election is not going to be clear cut. It sorts of fits in with what a Russian astrologer reported during his readings. 

Basically he said that Donald Trump is the last U.S President. The country under Trump will eventually split up into several different countries and go there own way. 

Personally I don't think it'll be several but more like two. I do forsee a split up potentially between red America and blue America but no civil war. The split is amicable, both parties decide to go their own way and there is surprisingly light out of the situation on an energy scale. 

I think it could happen potentially regardless of who wins. If Trump wins either down to the supreme Court or just getting a larger number of votes, the Democrats will start to heavily push for secession. If Trump loses, he will whine on about conspiracy theories and maybe refuse to step down, leading to more calls for secession.

Its not set in stone however and anything could happen but its going to take really strong leadership to unite the country and keep it together.

I assume they won't be armed, but you have weird rules in your state anyway. To avoid trouble, vote today.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-17-2020, 01:07 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You're such a Liberal wimp. I watched some of both myself. I think Trump's was better. Someone forget to tell the attractive Liberal blond that she wasn't supposed to be the center of attention and that it wasn't supposed to be her job to attack, argue and debate with Trump during what was supposed to be a town hall format.

Actually, that was her job.  NBC set the rules and Trump agreed.  He had other choices -- Fox being the most obvious.  He wanted an MSM network, and that's what he got.

On points, he was less bad than he was in the debate, but too argumentative to gain much from the effort.  By contrast, Biden was relaxed and competent.  Argue that either way.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

1. These people cannot stop you from voting. Just talk about anything other than politics while in line, or stay quiet.

2. Mail in your ballot. 

3. Don't wear political clothing. 

If you want to wear a red hat, then wear this:

[Image: th?id=OP.bBzUHUOFBiEitA474C474&o=5&pid=2...&w=96&h=96]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-17-2020, 12:39 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 04:32 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

See my video!

You're  a clever manipulator, I'm sure that you'll figure out a way to tweak things so it all works out in your favor.

I am having trouble tweaking the system so it does that, Classic. My revised scoring method now seems to make it so that if I add something or take something away to make it work more in my favor (that it fits the facts better, in other words), it takes something away somewhere else to make it less in my favor. So I have made my method safer from any manipulation.

But I have updated my figures based on the expectation that Biden will win, to see if then Biden has a higher instead of a lower score than Trump, and thus predicts retroactively his victory. He does, now. Trump's score did not change through this update. But if Biden loses or is robbed of the presidency by Barrett, then I of course will have to recalculate, and I am already checking to see whether the new Biden/Trump scores would change in my new system if Biden does not become president and Trump does. 

I do of course think that, if Biden doesn't, it will be by the fiat of his new Court, just like happened in 2000. But the horoscope scores of Bush and Gore, as I found out later when I developed my system, reflected this SCOTUS decision anyway, as if it was destiny that Bush would "win." Bush Jr.'s score has even gone up higher in my new calculation, and so has Bush Sr.'s score.

So far, I have found that if Trump wins, Biden's score on my system would fall to about 14-9, and Trump's would rise to about 13 or 14 to 3. I have to do some more checking on how a Trump win would affect the standing of Trump's chart aspects.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michigan plot, October 2020 pbrower2a 51 13,094 12-28-2022, 05:25 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  2021 general election pbrower2a 3 1,291 11-03-2021, 12:11 PM
  GOP Leader Defends Keeping Election Records Secret chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Last Post: chairb
  Election Night 2020 thread pbrower2a 80 20,153 10-14-2021, 01:01 AM
  Presidential election, 2024 pbrower2a 0 796 06-13-2021, 03:08 PM
  Election 2020 Eric the Green 57 35,409 05-26-2021, 11:37 PM
  NJ mailman allegedly tossed 99 election ballots into dumpster Swingline 0 835 03-18-2021, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Swingline
  Election Turnout by Generations jleagans 6 3,599 12-21-2020, 01:49 AM
  If Trump loses the next election Mickey123 45 15,413 12-20-2020, 07:25 PM
  2020 Predictions JDG 66 67 23,492 11-05-2020, 10:00 AM