Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
Your nonsense is reprehensible, Classic. It's time for everyone else to stop arguing with you. Go to the Capitol and get yourself arrested.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-06-2021, 04:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Your nonsense is reprehensible, Classic. It's time for everyone else to stop arguing with you. Go to the Capitol and get yourself arrested.
So, how does the dose of your own medicine taste right now?
(01-06-2021, 01:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:18 PM)David Horn Wrote: You keep saying this shit, but what does it mean?  You seem to be for nothing and against everything.  FYI, life doesn't work that way.  If you find "A" unacceptable, then what's your plan "B"? Healthcare's not free, so how are you planning to pay for it if not through a plan of some kind?

I'm standing for something and I've stood for something the entire time. I stand for law and order and the American way. What do you stand for these days? Do you stand for anything that I represent?   I know how life works too. I know just as much if not more about that than you. Question, have you ever gotten something without a fight or breaking the law by being mean spirited or an arrogant prick. So, who elected the black preacher/demagogue/race baiter who doesn't sound anything like or represent the core values of Martin Luther King? I see that he defeated the rather weak GOP establishment Republican. So, how many GOP live smack dab in the the middle of a potential war zone. The DC crowd/community is more or less a gated community of cake eaters.   I'd say the summer of violence paid off and good job because educated shit like him and educated XXXX like Abrams and educated XXXX like Harris is what we want in office as we begin to part ways and we want them to make the BIG mistake of trying to stop us. Like I've said, we won't be fighting for slavery or keeping Jim Crow laws. We'll be fighting for our freedom and the possession of the US Constitution and the American flag and the American way of life that will be made very clear over the next four years. Trump has the support of 80% of the Republican base and the GOP can do nothing about it at this point. The GOP doesn't have control over me like the Democratic party has over its base.

80% of the Republican base is not enough for winning a Presidential election. Donald Trump has disgraced himself to the extent that many in the GOP consider him toxic. 

Did you see the takeover of the Capitol building? I saw images from NBC News showing people snooping in Senate desks, sitting in Congressional offices and at desks of leaders, showing extremely partisan banners... Did you then see President's weak call for people to leave despite him losing the election despite what was 'really' a landslide in his favor?

I cannot speak for "History", but I doubt that this will rescue this Presidency. 

Quote:I told you what was going to happen in Georgia and I told you how it was going to happen and the reason for allowing it to happen too. You shouldn't be surprised or upset by a move made by American radicals, you're an old Left Wing radical. A group of American radicals just set you and them (DC) up for failure.  So, are the XXXXX Democratic  people (left wing anarchists who have no morals or values and the freedom to do pretty much what they want these days) ready for a no rules war with the American right? I mean, there's about 70 some million of us spread out across the entire country who could cause trouble and inflict heavy damage on them all kinds of ways these days.

Quote:The Democrats have been breaking and ignoring laws and doing as they please with no consequences or serious ramifications for doing so for quite a while now. I assume that the entire Democratic population is OK with the Democrats having that power these days. So, what are looking at that you don't seem to be able to see or wrap your mind around these day? How long has the Left and the party that represents its interests been trashing and trying to intimidate America? So, how long is going to before America responds to Democrats all over the place in equal kind? Well, that kind of depends on how long Biden is able to function and remain in office and how cocky and impatient the far Left base gets while they're waiting for him to resign and have the reigns given to one of their own these days.

But over 81 million people voted against Donald Trump. What would you think of a business that has 74 million dollars in assets and 81 million in liabilities? Candidate for liquidation? No, I am not asking anyone to "liquidate" the President, but his reputation certainly deserves liquidation. The people who voted against Donald Trump are just as American as those who voted for him. I hope that a huge number of people who have humored him have decided to reject his style and substance.     

Quote:Obama never had a real job outside of the public sector.

Think also of cops, teachers, prison guards, letter carriers.... many of whom identify themselves by their government employment instead of some menial (but honest) private-sector job as a start or stopgap. And whatever you do, DON'T YOU DARE DISPARAGE CAREER MEMBERS OF AMERICA'S ARMED SERVICES*, which is what you do with a statement like that. So let us say that you see the obituary of a retired judge: does that obituary likely play up a job for paying some college expenses as opposed to the judgeship?  This is like saying that the late Al Kaline never had a "real job" that didn't involve baseball. 

[Image: 95px-Kaline_DET.png]

Al Kaline is known "only" for baseball. But that is plenty.

Quote:Obama has been working within the political realm his entire life and he's still making money off it.

All within the rules that our system allows. I can imagine some different career paths for Barack Obama. Maybe he would have been better suited as a crusading prosecutor or judge... except that the Chicago political machine didn't  want someone like him as a prosecutor or judge. They saw what a monster he would be if he started to prosecute or judge corrupt officials. The Chicago machine wanted him to go into electoral politics. 

Most assessments of Barack Obama as President have him as above average. Maybe not in the "Rushmore + FDR" level... but I look at his achievements, his temperament, and his character and I see as his closest analogue... Dwight Eisenhower.

How much do I consider him like Ike? I think Ike would have been a fine attorney, and that Obama would have made very high rank in the Army had he attended a service academy. I can see him as a spit-and-polish officer who has troops looking as if they are on parade until there really is combat... and once there is combat he has a high casualty rate on the other side to his. He'd be the sort to win unlikely victories.      

Quote:Politics and public service is now a  path to become rich and famous like the Obama's and the Clinton's.

Not as rich as corporate law or becoming a corporate executive, although one does so with comparative anonymity. This said, politicians at a certain level get the exposure that screen actors get.   

Quote:It's always been a path but it's becoming more prevalent today. Biden's different, you look at him and listen to him, you'd never know the guy is worth 50 some million today or know that his family is worth millions too.

FoX Business Channel estimates his net worth at $9 million... he was living off his Senate salary when Barack Obama nominated him for Veep. 

Forbes says much the same thing.

Quote:So, do you and PB really have a leg to stand on as your lecturing me about the need to punish or tax private sector rich people who make money with their talents and skills who aren't directly affiliated with government?

Taxing the poor is pointless. The rich have more of a stake in the survival of the System, and they have the funds that can be taxed.   

*I am not a military veteran of any kind. I recognize the hardships, dangers, and sacrifices that our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, and Coast Guard endure on a regular basis. 
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-06-2021, 01:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 12:18 PM)David Horn Wrote: You keep saying this shit, but what does it mean?  You seem to be for nothing and against everything.  FYI, life doesn't work that way.  If you find "A" unacceptable, then what's your plan "B"? Healthcare's not free, so how are you planning to pay for it if not through a plan of some kind?

I'm standing for something and I've stood for something the entire time. I stand for law and order and the American way. What do you stand for these days? Do you stand for anything that I represent?   I know how life works too. I know just as much if not more about that than you. Question, have you ever gotten something without a fight or breaking the law by being mean spirited or an arrogant prick. So, who elected the black preacher/demagogue/race baiter who doesn't sound anything like or represent the core values of Martin Luther King? I see that he defeated the rather weak GOP establishment Republican. So, how many GOP live smack dab in the the middle of a potential war zone. The DC crowd/community is more or less a gated community of cake eaters.   I'd say the summer of violence paid off and good job because educated shit like him and educated shit like Abrams and educated shit like Harris is what we want in office as we begin to part ways and we want them to make the BIG mistake of trying to stop us. Like I've said, we won't be fighting for slavery or keeping Jim Crow laws. We'll be fighting for our freedom and the possession of the US Constitution and the American flag and the American way of life that will be made very clear over the next four years. Trump has the support of 80% of the Republican base and the GOP can do nothing about it at this point. The GOP doesn't have control over me like the Democratic party has over its base.

There's a lot of blather here, so I'll stick to just the final thought.  If you're leaving, where are you going?  Saying you're leaving with part of Minnesota is a joke.  It would never fly with most Minnesotans.  If you're going elsewhere, make sure it's open to the idea.  You might have a real shot with Idaho.

C-Xer Wrote:I told you what was going to happen in Georgia and I told you how it was going to happen and the reason for allowing it to happen too. You shouldn't be surprised or upset by a move made by American radicals, you're an old Left Wing radical. A group of American radicals just set you and them (DC) up for failure.  So, are the shitty Democratic  people (left wing anarchists who have no morals or values and the freedom to do pretty much what they want these days) ready for a no rules war with the American right? I mean, there's about 70 some million of us spread out across the entire country who could cause trouble and inflict heavy damage on them all kinds of ways these days.

If you plan to fight, where will you make your stand?  Alabama?  Mississippi? Oklahoma?  Feel free to leave with all three -- no fight required.

C-Xer Wrote:The Democrats have been breaking and ignoring laws and doing as they please with no consequences or serious ramifications for doing so for quite a while now. I assume that the entire Democratic population is OK with the Democrats having that power these days. So, what are looking at that you don't seem to be able to see or wrap your mind around these day? How long has the Left and the party that represents its interests been trashing and trying to intimidate America? So, how long is going to before America responds to Democrats all over the place in equal kind? Well, that kind of depends on how long Biden is able to function and remain in office and how cocky and impatient the far Left base gets while they're waiting for him to resign and have the reigns given to one of their own these days.

You keep saying that, but never what you actually MEAN by that.  Breaking what rules and laws? Be specific.

C-Xer Wrote:Obama never had a real job outside of the public sector. Obama has been working within the political realm his entire life and he's still making money off it. Politics and public service is now a path to become rich and famous like the Obama's and the Clinton's. It's always been a path but it's becoming more prevalent today. Biden's different, you look at him and listen to him, you'd never know the guy is worth 50 some million today or know that his family is worth millions too. So, do you and PB really have a leg to stand on as your lecturing me about the need to punish or tax private sector rich people who make money with their talents and skills who aren't directly affiliated with government?

Obama was a Constitutional Law professor and writes books.  I consider both to be outside the public realm.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-07-2021, 01:56 PM)wDavid Horn Wrote: There's a lot of blather here, so I'll stick to just the final thought.  If you're leaving, where are you going?  Saying you're leaving with part of Minnesota is a joke.  It would never fly with most Minnesotans.  If you're going elsewhere, make sure it's open to the idea.  You might have a real shot with Idaho.

If you plan to fight, where will you make your stand?  Alabama?  Mississippi? Oklahoma?  Feel free to leave with all three -- no fight required.

I gave you rock solid evidence of law breaking that you ignored and others downplayed by viewing it as trivial or a minor infraction. You're all guilty of going along with breaking the law. If we have to fight, we would be fighting all over the country in many ways largely uncoordinated. I'm letting you know this because I expect that you will come hard at them which will open a can of worms because that will trigger the entire American right. I can guarantee this, you will disappear from this earth before The US Constitution in its entirety disappears from this earth. You people hate our freedom and that has become very clear to me over the years. As I've mentioned before, I don't rely on Sean Hannity for my opinion and information related to you or the Left. I have two eyes and the ability to read and comprehend and a willingness to directly communicate with before its to late.
I understand that the DC cops and the coastal media are beginning to identify the insurrectionists from the capital riots.  There is no lack of video of the event.  In one CNN report they have a guy who came all the way from Hawaii.  This would mean that to find enough people wanting to join the cause, they had to collect extremists from all over the country.

I am still thinking that protesting ought to be a protected right, but that law breakers should be handled through law enforcement and prosecution.  That remains true of the groups taking advantage of the BLM protests, and those supporting Trump's lies.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
At this point we may no longer be able to make jokes about Donald Trump. He seems to have become the scapegoat for much that has gone wrong with America or for doing nothing to undo or mitigate any prior trend that got us into this mess. People have died as the result of this self-coup. More will likely die because the rally is itself a super-spreader event.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-07-2021, 05:04 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:56 PM)David Horn Wrote: There's a lot of blather here, so I'll stick to just the final thought.  If you're leaving, where are you going?  Saying you're leaving with part of Minnesota is a joke.  It would never fly with most Minnesotans.  If you're going elsewhere, make sure it's open to the idea.  You might have a real shot with Idaho.

I gave you rock solid evidence of law breaking that you ignored and others downplayed by viewing it as trivial or a minor infraction. You're all guilty of going along with breaking the law. If we have to fight, we would be fighting all over the country in many ways largely uncoordinated. I'm letting you know this because I expect that you will come hard at them which will open a can of worms because that will trigger the entire American right. I can guarantee this, you will disappear from this earth before The US Constitution in its entirety disappears from this earth. You people hate our freedom and that has become very clear to me over the years. As I've mentioned before, I don't rely on Sean Hannity for my opinion and information related to you or  the Left. I have two eyes and the ability to read and comprehend and a willingness to directly communicate with before its to late.

What law breaking?  The only law-breaking I've seen recently was an attack on the US Capitol, not by Antifa as the alt-media implies, but by white nationalists -- many well known and well photographed by everyone with a camera.  Are you OK with that action?

And I can't see a less Constitutional group than the alt-right, who see it as 2nd Amendment and some pseudo-right reading of the rest of the Bill of Rights -- ignoring everything else.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
[Image: page1-800px-Persons_of_interest_Washingt...21.pdf.jpg]

It may not be Trump, but it is someone under his inspiration and  influence.

"you have to get your people to fight" Trump said. That is incitement.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Stephen Colbert tackles the dark subject of the attack on democracy on Jan.6.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-06-2021, 05:24 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Your nonsense is reprehensible, Classic. It's time for everyone else to stop arguing with you. Go to the Capitol and get yourself arrested.

How does one of your own rioters dying, and a policeman guarding against you guys dying, and 3 others of you dying due to medical emergencies (largely old and unfit, aren't you) taste to you? How does 80 of you getting arrested, taste to you? How does Trump's aides threatening to resign unless he concedes, taste to you? How does two liberal human and civil rights champions getting elected in the heart of Dixie, thus turning the Senate blue, taste to you?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-08-2021, 04:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Stephen Colbert tackles the dark subject of the attack on democracy on Jan.6.

I assume the man must have been ignoring all the violence the other side has been watching for the last six months like every other moron like him these days. So, do you know him well enough to get me on his show so we can discuss his role in what happened the other day and what may happen to him, his family, his bosses, his colleagues and whatever clueless piss ant he ( a moron ) attracts or influences these days? The Left are walking on thin ice as it is and stomping on ice and beating your chest and adding cracks and going at those who more or less helped you win the election isn't good thing to do with . Yes, Trump is guilty of doing what the Left has been guilty of doing since Move On. Org reared its ugly head and informed the Democratic party that they more or less owned them about 20 years ago. Here we are watching the rise of fascism on the wrong side (According to you and others, we are supposed to be the fascist side) that's being supported by cynical upper class white cowards/ fools/ imbeciles/morons like him these days.
(01-08-2021, 08:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Eric the Green

Eric the Green: How does one of your own rioters dying, and a policeman guarding against you guys dying, and 3 others of you dying due to medical emergencies (largely old and unfit, aren't you) taste to you? How does 80 of you getting arrested, taste to you? How does Trump's aides threatening to resign unless he concedes, taste to you? How does two liberal human and civil rights champions getting elected in the heart of Dixie, thus turning the Senate blue, taste to you?

Classic Xer:
I doubt she was a rioter. I bet she was a thrill seeker who wanted to become part of a historical event. She was old enough to know better and not get involved with a bunch of rioters. My view of her and what happened her is the same those who were hurt that you and others were using for propaganda purposes during the summer of love so to speak. I feel bad about the cop that was killed by the rioters. I also feel bad for his or her family as well. I wish we had better politicians on the Left who understood life better than they do these days and understood what happens spirals of violence that are left alone and allowed to continue for several months by known politicians/law makers/law enforcers on both sides and political leaders associated with the Left like Al Sharpton and the newly Senator from Georgia who was just elected. We had some GOP who kept their mouth shut and wouldn't support Trumps call to action either. You know, the uppity ones who ain't all that much different than than Warren.

I figure Trump has four years to apologize for his mistakes and mellow out a bit and focus more on decorum while campaigning and holding political rally's and building a stronger political movement that can rival and weaken the Democratic Party and pretty match it across the board as the GOP learns that it wasn't smart to cross us and support the party the bilk of their base hates more than them.

She invaded the Capitol building just like the others. She was one of you. She was a rioter, and an idiot. She was QAnon. And anyone can see that most of the rioters were older folks. This is a movement of older white people, mainly men. None of them "knew better." Your spiral of violence is the one that was left unattended, especially on Jan.6 when they were virtually allowed to take over the Capitol and wreck havoc there. Trump will not mellow out; he is incapable of change. That has been clearly demonstrated. The Republicans will need to find someone else. The new governor of Utah is their best bet. Not your best bet, I reckon.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-08-2021, 01:30 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:56 PM)David Horn Wrote: There's a lot of blather here, so I'll stick to just the final thought.  If you're leaving, where are you going?  Saying you're leaving with part of Minnesota is a joke.  It would never fly with most Minnesotans.  If you're going elsewhere, make sure it's open to the idea.  You might have a real shot with Idaho.

I gave you rock solid evidence of law breaking that you ignored and others downplayed by viewing it as trivial or a minor infraction. You're all guilty of going along with breaking the law. If we have to fight, we would be fighting all over the country in many ways largely uncoordinated. I'm letting you know this because I expect that you will come hard at them which will open a can of worms because that will trigger the entire American right. I can guarantee this, you will disappear from this earth before The US Constitution in its entirety disappears from this earth. You people hate our freedom and that has become very clear to me over the years. As I've mentioned before, I don't rely on Sean Hannity for my opinion and information related to you or  the Left. I have two eyes and the ability to read and comprehend and a willingness to directly communicate with before its to late.

What law breaking?  The only law-breaking I've seen recently was an attack on the US Capitol, not by Antifa as the alt-media implies, but by white nationalists -- many well known and well photographed by everyone with a camera.  Are you OK with that action?

And I can't see a less Constitutional group than the alt-right, who see it as 2nd Amendment and some pseudo-right reading of the rest of the Bill of Rights -- ignoring everything else.

Thanks for stepping up to be a moderator, David. Marx and Lennon would be proud.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-08-2021, 06:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

How does one of your own rioters dying, and a policeman guarding against you guys dying, and 3 others of you dying due to medical emergencies (largely old and unfit, aren't you) taste to you? How does 80 of you getting arrested, taste to you? How does Trump's aides threatening to resign unless he concedes, taste to you? How does two liberal human and civil rights champions getting elected in the heart of Dixie, thus turning the Senate blue, taste to you?

I doubt she was an actual rioter. I bet she was a thrill seeker who wanted to take part in a historical event. She more likely an unfortunate victim of circumstance who was accidentally killed by a stray bullet. She was old enough to know better and know not get involved with a bunch of unlawful rioters. I bet the medicals could have fell to their deaths while trying to scale up the walls too. I just saw some snip its of the event. I thought the picture of the old motor cycle dude sitting in Pelosi's office chair with his leg on her desk was funny too. I thought the one with the dude sitting at the desk in the grand hall with the blond taking his picture was kind of funny too. I mean, you got to laugh at that stuff or you might get really mad and stop funding a government that's packed with hypocrites, demagogues and morons.

My view of her and what happened to her and the three medicals is the same as my view of those who were hurt or killed by cops that you and others were using for political propaganda during the summer of love so to speak. I feel bad about the cop that was killed by the rioters/criminals. I also feel bad for his or her family members and their friends who lost them as well. I'm glad they arrested 80 of them so far. I wish we had better politicians on the Left and center who understood life better than they do seem to do or come across these days. I also wish they understood what could happen if spirals of violence that are left alone and allowed to continue for political gain for several months by themselves as well. I mean, you could be in the process of doing something stupid like certifying the election of a senile old man at the wrong time in history and find yourself facing an angry mod inside your place of business like they did the other day.

I figure Trump has four years to apologize for his recent mistake and learn to mellow out a bit and focus more on decency and decorum while campaigning and holding political rally's and building a stronger political movement that can rival and further weaken the Democratic Party and pretty match it across the board as the GOP learns that it wasn't very smart to cross us and the Trump supporters by supporting the party the bulk of their base hates more than them these days. You see, when you do that, you lose a couple of Senate seats to a Black Left Wing radical and a Liberal Woke. As I mentioned before, the American right has positioned the Left to start a war that America will win. The ball is in your court. Welcome to the 4T.
(01-08-2021, 01:30 PM)David Horn Wrote: What law breaking?  The only law-breaking I've seen recently was an attack on the US Capitol, not by Antifa as the alt-media implies, but by white nationalists -- many well known and well photographed by everyone with a camera.  Are you OK with that action?

So, all the violence that occurred all over the country for several months before the most recent act of violence that seems to matter to you now these days don't count? Well, if you can't see the violence that happened before then that explains why you don't understand why the most recent act of violence happened either or see why the most recent act occurred either. Saddam Hussein and Hitler had the same fucking problem as you and Eric, Neither one of them could see beyond their needs or recognize the truth, accept the truth or admit the truth either. Do you need to see some pictures of ruins? I'll strap on a pistol and go into the lawless zone of Minneapolis and take some pictures of them. As I mentioned before, your side had already allowed violence to be used many times so I'm OK with that action. Fair is fair right. As I recall, Black Lives Matter and Antifa were trying gain entry to the White House with the use of force not so long ago. As I recall, a few of them died too. I got to watch it as it was going on last summer. I also watched as Antifa was trying to do the same thing with a Federal Courthouse in Portland.
(01-08-2021, 08:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:30 PM)David Horn Wrote:

Thanks for stepping up to be a moderator, David. Marx and Lennon would be proud.
If Dave bans me, this place will be flooded with Right Wingers. I mean, I only know a thousand of them or so.
(01-08-2021, 10:18 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 06:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I doubt she was an actual rioter. I bet she was a thrill seeker who wanted to take part in a historical event. She more likely an unfortunate victim of circumstance who was accidentally killed by a stray bullet. She was old enough to know better and know not get involved with a bunch of unlawful rioters. I bet the medicals could have fell to their deaths while trying to scale up the walls too. I just saw some snip its of the event. I thought the picture of the old motor cycle dude sitting in Pelosi's office chair with his leg on her desk was funny too. I thought the one with the dude sitting at the desk in the grand hall with the blond taking his picture was kind of funny too. I mean, you got to laugh at that stuff or you might get really mad and stop funding a government that's packed with hypocrites, demagogues and morons.

Technically the people who broke into the Capitol building were burglars. Anyone who went into the Capitol without permission was, by definition of the law, a burglar. Scaling the walls is not the usual means of ingress.  Neither is breaking the windows. Break into someone's house, and you have the potential of facing an armed human or even more unpredictably one or more dogs. Burglars are meat, says Canis tigris, a good description of what Canis lupus familiaris becomes when it no longer has cause for benign behavior toward humans.  

I know... I know... I know. Maybe my sense of humor is impaired (it goes with the territory with Asperger's)... but I cannot see any sense of humor in desecration of benign institutions. I saw the equivalent of a berserker desecrating a cathedral. In a country in which many people have different ideas of what religion is holy, we know what is politically holy. Most of us have few meaningful expressions of politics, and most of those are voting. Americans voted in their Congressional districts, Democrats won in more of those than did Republicans, and got into position to elect in accordance with the rules of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, arguably the second-most-powerful person in the American political system. 

Putting feet up on a desk or sitting on a desk is vulgar. If one lacks the authority to do so, then one makes a mockery of the political, administrative, or commercial hierarchy. I interpret it as saying "I am not afraid if I am fired, for I have just won the Super-Duper Megabuck$ Lottery and no longer need or want to do the dreary work that I have been doing to this day". In the case of that schmuck, that moment of dubious glory is likely good for time in a federal prison.       

Quote:My view of her and what happened to her and the three medicals is the same as my  view of those who were hurt or killed by cops that you and others were using for political propaganda during the summer of love so to speak. I feel bad about the cop that was killed by the rioters/criminals. I also feel bad for his or her family members and their friends who lost them as well. I'm glad they arrested 80 of them so far. I wish we had better politicians on the Left and center who understood life better than they do seem to do or come across these days. I also wish they understood what could happen if spirals of violence that are left alone and allowed to continue for political gain for several months by themselves as well. I mean, you could be in the process of doing something stupid like certifying the election of a senile old man at the wrong time in history and find yourself facing an angry mod inside your place of business like they did the other day.

She was apparently committing a crime, and criminal deeds have their risks. This act looks more like the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917 than like democratic process, with Trump taking the role of Lenin. The democratic election would be nullified when the Leader disparaged the result. That is how the Soviet Union became a dictatorship; Lenin successfully nullified an election. If you think I used the color red to refer to the Republican Party, then think again:

[Image: 300px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png]

Quote:I figure Trump has four years to apologize for his recent mistake and learn to mellow out a bit and focus more on decency and decorum while campaigning and holding political rally's and building a stronger political movement that can rival and further weaken the Democratic Party and pretty match it across the board as the GOP learns that it wasn't very smart to cross us and the Trump supporters by supporting the party the bulk of their base hates more than them these days. You see, when you do that, you lose a couple of Senate seats to a Black Left Wing radical and a Liberal Woke. As I mentioned before, the American right has positioned the Left to start a war that America will win. The ball is in your court. Welcome to the 4T.

It is too late for a facile apology. Events, including the few that decide such things in America [elections] will establish beyond any question who is right and who is wrong. Some Republican pols may have soiled themselves badly, to use weasel words that express the dispute that the opinion of  someone like Rachel Maddow defines anything. We shall see.

"Too late for a facile apology" applies, at least as I see it, also to Trump's enablers in both Houses of Congress. Democrats come out of this mess looking far better than they did two months ago. Elections have consequences, and so do riotous mobs. Where democracy prevails, riotous mobs get nothing but fatal gunshot wounds or prison terms. Rule of law still implies courts of law and "houses of correction".

War? What war? The adults have the Presidency and both Houses of Congress starting on January 20. It is up to President Biden, the Democratic majority in the House, and the effective majority of Democrats in the Senate to prove their merits through legislation and administration. That is how things have always been in our Constitutional republic; the electoral winners get their chance to prove themselves solutions or prove themselves inadequate. So it has been with Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, and so it has been with Donald Trump and will be with Joe Biden. 

Donald Trump has blood on his hands -- the blood of people who attempted a putsch on his behalf.

(01-09-2021, 01:15 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:30 PM)David Horn Wrote: What law breaking?  The only law-breaking I've seen recently was an attack on the US Capitol, not by Antifa as the alt-media implies, but by white nationalists -- many well known and well photographed by everyone with a camera.  Are you OK with that action?

So, all the violence that occurred all over the country for several months before the most recent act of violence that seems to matter to you now these days don't count? Well, if you can't see the violence that happened before then that explains why you don't understand why the most recent act of violence happened either or see why the most recent act occurred either. Saddam Hussein and Hitler had the same fucking problem as you and Eric, Neither one of them could see beyond their needs or recognize the truth, accept the truth or admit the truth either. Do you need to see some pictures of ruins? I'll strap on a pistol and go into the lawless zone of Minneapolis and take some pictures of them. As I mentioned before, your side had already allowed violence to be used many times so I'm OK with that action. Fair is fair right. As I recall, Black Lives Matter and Antifa were trying gain entry to the White House with the use of force not so long ago. As I recall, a few of them died too.  I got to watch it as it was going on last summer. I also watched as Antifa was trying to do the same thing with a Federal Courthouse in Portland.

Violence has occurred, but not like this.  Portland tolerated far too much, but it was up to the city to decide when enough was enough.  Other violence has been cops v. BLM, which is a template for more violence.  And isn't it interesting that the massive police response only occurs when it's the Left protesting -- going all the way back to the Civil Rights and Anti-war marches in the '60s.  For some reason, the Right gets a free pass.

And enough with Antifa.  Antifa, as a group, doesn't even exist -- and that's according to the FBI and Homeland Security.  At most, it's a loose confederation of LW zealots who show-up to protect LW protests And like I said above, Portland was and remains its own weirdness, and their business to resolve.  It's not my thing either, but they seem to enjoy the theater.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,961 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,243 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,019 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green