Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
Rags, you didn't "figure" that Bieber sux because of my post. You already thought that.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 10:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 03:14 PM)Anthony Wrote: After Hillary wraps up the Democratic nomination tomorrow night, the 90-degree rotation of the two parties will be complete: The Democrats, a left-liberal party since 1972, will be confirmed as now a neoliberal party with Hillary's win over Comrade Sanders, with the Republicans having already gone from a conservative party to a national liberal/"hardhat" party with Donald Trump's victory.
Hillary is not a neo-liberal, just because she's not a "comrade" like Bernie. They are just two shades of liberal.

Calling Trumpie a liberal is laughable. His policies will just boost the rich, and his ego. Fascism of any type or shade is never "liberal." Workers will not benefit from Trumpie's policies, because Mexicans aren't stealing our jobs. Both candidates are against trade deals that hurt workers, so it's a wash on that issue.

Quote:I do admit that I got the "rotation" wrong, in that, as of the immediate aftermath of 9/11, I expected the Democrats to go from left-liberalism to national liberalism, and the Republicans to go from conservatism to neoliberalism/libertarianism.
Neo-liberal is just another word for conservative, which means boost the already powerful and wealthy.

Quote:But overall I am very pleased with the results.

The only results to be "pleased with" is when Trump loses.

I loathe and despise the man, but I have looked up the definition of fascism. That word goes along with others such as totalitarianism, dictatorship, as well as hearing that to be a fascist one has to be organized and usually have their own organized party to really hold a country within that dictatorship rule. So, I wonder what you classify as fascism when it comes to that wanker. He is an asshole, but i am not sure if fascist is the correct word to describe him...yet anyway.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-06-2016, 10:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Rags, you didn't "figure" that Bieber sux because of my post. You already thought that.

No. It goes way back to the former forum.  I came, I listened, I puked. Tongue Big Grin Cool
---Value Added Cool
(06-06-2016, 10:36 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Rags, you didn't "figure" that Bieber sux because of my post. You already thought that.

No. It goes way back to the former forum.  I came, I listened, I puked. Tongue Big Grin Cool

Wow, one emoticon for each of your 3 unfortunate actions.

What else did we mean but the "former forum?" Of course you already thought that, before "Pray" even came out. I read your posts.

No, it's just prejudice. But, whatever. I am prejudiced against Trump. I don't want a crazy man as my president. I guess I don't believe in equal opportunity for the mentally impaired. Oh well. No, I wouldn't vote for Bieber either. No, I'd rather close my eyes and see a better day.

I haven't run Bieber through my new horoscope system yet though. Maybe his score improved. It couldn't have been much worse.

I suppose I would vote for Bieber if he were running against Trump. I wouldn't trust either of them to get a grip on foreign policy, that's for sure. I can see Trump throwing eggs at the Mexican embassy; yes, I can Smile

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

The picture i got from this

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-06-2016, 10:40 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

What else did we mean but the "former forum?" Of course you already thought that, before "Pray" even came out. I read your posts.

No, it's just prejudice. But, whatever. I am prejudiced against Trump. I don't want a crazy man as my president. I guess I don't believe in equal opportunity for the mentally impaired. Oh well. No, I wouldn't vote for Bieber either. No, I'd rather close my eyes and see a better day.
Maye he is like me and just is not interested in his music? I did not puke as i was totally disinterested in it. To me it is boring. Maybe he too thinks it is boring?
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-06-2016, 10:46 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Maybe he is like me and just is not interested in his music? I did not puke as i was totally disinterested in it. To me it is boring. Maybe he too thinks it is boring?

No, he has also said he doesn't like anything but rock. So, he's prone to musical prejudice.

The more I hear "Pray," the more I am impressed with it. I never tire of it. Because of that, I am sure people who are bored or puke when hearing it, just aren't hearing it. That's my definite opinion Smile I close my eyes, and I can see a better day when more people can appreciate "Pray." Yeah! Still, lots do, and not just young girls; although virtually no-one around here does. Most people whom I share it with actually like it. Just, the folks here don't. Must be the generational thing; people here judge everything according to the generation theory. Somehow, it gets in the way; I don't know why.

Well Well! Bieber's score is better now, but still a losing one; 8-10. I doubt he could ever run though; not having been born in the USA. Trump would have made mince meat of him on that score. Oh well; he'll have to be content with just being a visionary. But, he's very good at that. Different people have different talents.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 10:44 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Actually, the Prince of Cats was one of the few here who had some positive things to say about "Pray"

I'm sure he prefers Trump though (we must keep this thread on-topic!)

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 11:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:46 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Maybe he is like me and just is not interested in his music? I did not puke as i was totally disinterested in it. To me it is boring. Maybe he too thinks it is boring?

No, he has also said he doesn't like anything but rock. So, he's prone to musical prejudice.

The more I hear "Pray," the more I am impressed with it. I never tire of it. Because of that, I am sure people who are bored or puke when hearing it, just aren't hearing it. That's my definite opinion Smile I close my eyes, and I can see a better day when more people can appreciate "Pray." Yeah! Still, lots do, and not just young girls; although virtually no-one around here does. Most people whom I share it with actually like it. Just, the folks here don't. Must be the generational thing; people here judge everything according to the generation theory. Somehow, it gets in the way; I don't know why.

Well Well! Bieber's score is better now, but still a losing one; 8-10. I doubt he could ever run though; not having been born in the USA. Trump would have made mince meat of him on that score. Oh well; he'll have to be content with just being a visionary. But, he's very good at that. Different people have different talents.

Serious? Only rock? Wow. There is so much to explore so I am very surprised by this. Just now I have discovered a group called Broods. I am shocked to find out they are a New Zealand group. They are in the Indie pop, Electronica, Electropop, and Trip hop genres.

They are truly amazing and I have not had that feeling of excitement over a great song like this since the early 2000's. He should try something new. You never know! I have been hearing it on the radio for several days now while at work and it has been bugging me as I wanted to know who it was. What a pleasant surprise they are locals. I shared it on your music thread.

As to your we are not hearing it, that is what i have been talking about all along. Remember people are different. I would say with my music, some of it anyway maybe you are not listening to it properly...but I know all too well that is is different with each listener. I do not judge it on the generational theory. I am just bored with his music. I have not had the same excitement with his music as I do with Broods. To me, they are truly amazing. To others, maybe not. But I respect people are different rather than try to say they are not listening to it correctly.
[url=https://www.google.co.nz/search?client=firefox-b&q=Trip+hop&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LSz9U3qEq3MEuuVOIAsc1TjFK0VDPKrfST83NyUpNLMvPz9HNLizOTE3PiE4tKMotLiq3SU_OKUosBhzdlkT8AAAA&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCy_3EiJXNAhUGnZQKHcRLBoAQmxMIwAEoBDAa][/url]
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-06-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:44 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Actually, the Prince of Cats was one of the few here who had some positive things to say about "Pray"

I'm sure he prefers Trump though (we must keep this thread on-topic!)
Nothing to do with him. I am just a very visual person with words. This one was the word "puke." I am an artist remember. I am visually inclined. It brings the words to life, sometimes comically.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Can you move the Bieber post to a different thread? This isn't the place for it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(06-06-2016, 10:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 03:14 PM)Anthony Wrote: After Hillary wraps up the Democratic nomination tomorrow night, the 90-degree rotation of the two parties will be complete: The Democrats, a left-liberal party since 1972, will be confirmed as now a neoliberal party with Hillary's win over Comrade Sanders, with the Republicans having already gone from a conservative party to a national liberal/"hardhat" party with Donald Trump's victory.
Hillary is not a neo-liberal, just because she's not a "comrade" like Bernie. They are just two shades of liberal.

Calling Trumpie a liberal is laughable. His policies will just boost the rich, and his ego. Fascism of any type or shade is never "liberal." Workers will not benefit from Trumpie's policies, because Mexicans aren't stealing our jobs. Both candidates are against trade deals that hurt workers, so it's a wash on that issue.

Quote:I do admit that I got the "rotation" wrong, in that, as of the immediate aftermath of 9/11, I expected the Democrats to go from left-liberalism to national liberalism, and the Republicans to go from conservatism to neoliberalism/libertarianism.
Neo-liberal is just another word for conservative, which means boost the already powerful and wealthy.

Quote:But overall I am very pleased with the results.

The only results to be "pleased with" is when Trump loses.

Thank you for your response. I was just confused because Anthony's description seemed like I'd have to choose between conservative and conservative.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(06-07-2016, 12:32 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Can you move the Bieber post to a different thread? This isn't the place for it.

Clearly you are new around here. Good luck trying to stop people mentioning the B all over the forum when Eric is here whether he mentions him first or otherwise. Better get used to it because Eric is here forever and ever and ever! I find it comical personally.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-07-2016, 12:38 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:32 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Can you move the Bieber post to a different thread? This isn't the place for it.

Clearly you are new around here. Good luck trying to stop people mentioning the B all over the forum when Eric is here whether he mentions him first or otherwise. Better get used to it because Eric is here forever and ever and ever! I find it comical personally.

I've been here since the old forum; I just don't go on here much. I clearly know that Eric likes to talk about Bieber. Most of the time it's not even relevant to the discussion. There should be a thread just about Bieber so Eric can post his heart out about him whenever he wants.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
Big Grin 
(06-07-2016, 12:48 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:38 AM)taramarie Wrote:

I've been here since the old forum; I just don't go on here much. There should be a thread just about Bieber so Eric can post his heart out about him whenever he wants. Most of the time it's not even relevant to the discussion.

Of course it isn't but it warms his heart whenever he mentions him or anyone else does. Been that way for years since he discovered him. He should have his beiber shrine again but like with the old forum, you may have noticed it never stayed there and neither will it here unless Dan puts the name JUSTIN BEIBER on ban for the threads except for the shrine which i think could be his new music thread. But it does not violate any rules so look forward to it being mentioned again and again. I mean heck even you winging about it is causing us to discuss it. How productive is this? Eric's heart must be overjoyed! Big Grin Heart Heart Heart Eric and beiber forever Heart Heart Heart   Wink Tongue Big Grin
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

We really need a laugh emoji here. I am getting way too much fun out of this by MLMAO (muttley laughing my arse off).
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

From the right-wing editorial page of the Wall Street Journal:

A dozen Mexican states held elections on Sunday, and—ho-hum—the center-right National Action Party, or PAN, appears to have won seven of the races. The Journal reports that voters in the world’s 15th-largest economy were turned off by the ruling party’s failure to cut debt and tackle crime, and by a boy-wonder president, Enrique Peña Nieto, whom they now regard as more boy than wonder.
I mention this to illustrate that Mexico is a functioning democracy whose voters tend to favor pro-business conservatives, not a North American version of Libya, exporting jihad and boat people to its neighbors. Somebody ought to explain this to Republican voters, whose brains, like pickles in brine, have marinated too long in anti-Mexican nonsense.
Elements of that nonsense:

Mexico is a failed state. Mexico’s struggles with drug cartels—whose existence is almost entirely a function of America’s appetite for dope—are serious and well known. So are its deep-seated institutional weaknesses, especially the police forces that collude with the cartels and terrorize rural areas.

Then again, Mexico’s 2014 homicide rate of about 16 murders per 100,000 means that it is about as dangerous as Philadelphia (15.9) and considerably safer than Miami (19.2) or Atlanta (20.5). Are these “failed cities” that you don’t dare visit and that should be walled off from the rest of America?

Mexico is a threat to U.S. security. The most serious terrorist attempt to enter the U.S. across a land border occurred in December 1999, when Ahmed Ressam tried to smuggle a bomb into the U.S. from. . . Canada. All 19 of the 9/11 hijackers entered the U.S. with legal visas on scheduled flights. The bride of the San Bernardino attacker came here the same way. No significant act of political violence against the U.S. has been staged from Mexico since Pancho Villa’s raid on Columbus, N.M., in March 1916.

Could terrorists infiltrate the U.S. by crossing the border? Sure, if they wanted to risk being asphyxiated in the back of a crowded migrant truck somewhere in Sinaloa.

As for ordinary criminals, my colleague Jason Riley has noted that the rate of incarceration in California for foreign-born residents is less than half of the U.S.-born rate. Violent crime in the U.S. fell dramatically during the same two decades, 1990-2010, of an “invasion” of illegal immigrants.

Mexico steals U.S. jobs. Donald Trump recently resurrected this chestnut by inveighing against Nabisco and Ford for shifting production to Mexico from high-cost Illinois and Michigan. Never mind that one reason Ford made the move was to take advantage of Mexico’s free-trade agreements with the European Union and other countries, meaning that opposition to free trade is the very thing that drives business abroad.

Then again, Mexico is the second-largest purchaser of U.S. products; the Wilson Center’s Christopher Wilson has estimated that “six million U.S. jobs depend on trade with Mexico.” That is especially true for border states. “Mexico is the top export destination for five states: California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and New Hampshire, and is the second most important market for another 17 states across the country.”

Illegal immigrants are a drain on the system. This whopper should be sold at Burger King, since illegal immigrants pay billions in state and local taxes, along with about $15 billion a year to Social Security—the benefits of which they are unlikely ever to get back. Entire U.S. industries, agriculture above all, depend on illegal migrants, without whom fruits and vegetables would simply rot in the field.

If there is a drain, it’s Mexicans going home—roughly one million returnees between 2009 and 2014, according to the Pew Research Center, outpacing the number of Mexicans moving north by about 140,000. That owes something to growth and stability in the Mexican economy, which is largely a function of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

This makes Mr. Trump’s opposition to Nafta all the more misjudged. Without it, Mexico could easily have become Venezuela, run by an Hugo Chávez-like strongman, that would have posed a real threat to U.S. security, as opposed to the one in Mr. Trump’s imagination.

This is a foul electoral season, one conservative voters (or their children) will look back on with political regret and personal remorse. Mr. Trump’s “Mexican” slur about federal judge Gonzalo Curiel is the most shameful word uttered by a major presidential candidate since Dixiecrat Strom Thurmond thundered in 1948 against the “Nigra race.” As in 1948, Mr. Trump is appealing to constituents who have stuffed themselves on a diet of bad statistics and misleading anecdotes—people who fancy themselves victims but behave like bigots. Republican leaders who think they can co-opt or tame Mr. Trump will instead find themselves stained by him.

Meanwhile, let’s state clearly what shouldn’t need saying but does: Americans are blessed to have Mexico as our neighbor and Hispanics as our citizens. On this point, disagreement is indecency.

http://www.wsj.com/article_email/the-gop...NzUwNjc1Wj
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Trump is clearly a national liberal. He supports policies that will raise the wages and cut the taxes of the working poor - and in 21st Century (but not 20th Century) terms he is a cultural conservative: He believes in a majoritarian, Anglo-American culture to which everyone should subscribe (I'm waiting for him to openly support an "English only" bill. I don't believe that I will have to wait very long).
"It was better with them that were slain by the sword, than with them that died with hunger, for these pined away being consumed for want of the fruits of the earth" - Lamentations 4:9
National liberal?

I expect Donald Trump to accede to the desire of Corporate America to impose a national Right-to-Work-for-starvation-pay law that guts collective bargaining so that employers can exploit the bargaining weaknesses of employers. I have heard bosses tell them that they prefer to negotiate individually with workers on the workers' merits. The pay offered is invariably the lowers that the employer can get away with. I would not be surprised if he advocated at the behest of Big Business that the minimum wage law be scrapped so that wages can fall to Third World levels while the welfare system is abolished. There's nothing liberal about that, except that it might be the outmoded "classical liberalism", basically "He who has the gold makes the rules" -- the late oil tycoon H.L. Hunt.

Majoritarian culture? Is "majoritarian, Anglo-American culture" perfect?

I have done some substitute school teaching, and I have heard some black kids fault me for asking that they act white. Act white? Hardly. There are just too many white loser subcultures in America for me to endorse "acting white". I retorted that "I prefer that you act like Chinese-Americans"!

(I am not of Asian origin).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(06-08-2016, 08:04 AM)Anthony Wrote: Trump is clearly a national liberal.  He supports policies that will raise the wages and cut the taxes of the working poor - and in 21st Century (but not 20th Century) terms he is a cultural conservative: He believes in a majoritarian, Anglo-American culture to which everyone should subscribe (I'm waiting for him to openly support an "English only" bill.  I don't believe that I will have to wait very long).

Trump is a Fascist who thinks Blacks and Latinos are not "real" Americans'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 277 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 296 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 328 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 654 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 318 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 214 51,402 01-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 23 8,402 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green