Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-01-2019, 04:06 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: I simply dislike bullshit so much, I even dislike it if it's used for pure entertainment. If these women were real, I'd have to say they had the same mindset like Trump and other narcissists in politics. "I'm always right, even if I'm wrong!"

Thank you for making that clear. Except for the one woman who was wrongly-convicted (the drama makes that clear)... they are all selfish, unfeeling people "He was one of those Mormons, he had six wives, and he just couldn't hold his arsenic"... The fictional Roxie Hart is no better than any of them; she is simply luckier. 

I am tempted to believe that sociopathy is an extreme expression of narcissism. Along with narcissism comes a lack of empathy, but when that lack of empathy morphs into extreme sadism all Hell breaks loose.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

I am no psychiatrist, and nobody ever taught me how to deal with madmen like those. That's the problem we all have today, in this crazy world.
(09-06-2019, 08:11 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: I am no psychiatrist, and nobody ever taught me how to deal with madmen like those. That's the problem we all have today, in this crazy world.

When people quit tolerating mad behavior in public life...
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%...rQ&w=800&h]

Trump (I think) was raised in a strict way by his father and at school. But what means "strict"? Many kids thought so about their parents. But few compare their situation to that of others, let alone objectively. Two different people might both say "I was raised in a strict way", and one of them might have been raised boot camp-style, and the other one was slapped once in his life.

I really wonder: If Trump had been slapped by his father whenever he lied - would he dare to tell bullshit later?

Compare this joke: http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid45973 )
Absolutely perfect, my phone call was a 10! Maybe if it was unintelligible like most of what he says, it would have been better for him.

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-10-2019, 06:44 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: Trump (I think) was raised in a strict way by his father and at school. But what means "strict"? Many kids thought so about their parents. But few compare their situation to that of others, let alone objectively. Two different people might both say "I was raised in a strict way", and one of them might have been raised boot camp-style, and the other one was slapped once in his life.

I really wonder: If Trump had been slapped by his father whenever he lied - would he dare to tell bullshit later?

Compare this joke: http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid45973 )

He rebelled against the strictures as an adult and got away with it or Daddy and Mommy indulged every whim. Whichever is true matters little now. We know what he does and is.

I see two extremes which are terrible -- extremely authoritarian upbringing which makes one unable to do independent thought, and the sort of (usually) permissive upbringing that has an occasional episode of violent enforcement of the rules. 

The alternative is "authoritative" which I would have followed were I a parent: children get some leeway for self-expression and experimentation, but rules are always in place and violation of those rules will result in some shaming. Lie, and you will be exposed as a liar. Take stuff from the store and you will be brought back with the pilfered merchandise and be compelled to apologize for such. Besides, you will be expected to pay for the stuff that you took, and you will pay for it with some means that pays the merchant but results in serious deprivation -- such as having something that one cherishes sold for the proceeds, with any net given to charity. Steal some candy and lose your toy train? 

There is no need for a spanking unless one does something that can get others hurt, in which such behavior might as well have some pain involved. OK, in nature -- if you pull the tail of a cat you can expect to get scratched and bit. Attack a dog and you really get hurt.

(09-01-2019, 04:55 AM)taramarie Wrote: I am kind of inclined to agree at least partially with Africa being "shit hole countries." I can at the very least say that for sure for where I stayed for quite some time when I had moved to joburg. That is a literal shit hole and I have many reasons why to say that.

From what I understand, the only African country that I would now visit is... Tunisia.

I guess that the fun is gone in criticizing Donald Trump. I see nothing funny about death threats to someone who blew the whistle on the most corrupt deed in American foreign policy ever. Basically, help me get re-elected by finding dirt on family members of a likely opponent... if you want the military aid you need for standing up to an aggressive neighbor.

We are now in the most dangerous time in American politics since the Civil War. There is no humor possible in such danger.

(09-26-2019, 10:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I guess that the fun is gone in criticizing Donald Trump. I see nothing funny about death threats to someone who blew the whistle on the most corrupt deed in American foreign policy ever. Basically, help me get re-elected by finding dirt on family members of a likely opponent... if you want the military aid you need for standing up to an aggressive neighbor.

We are now in the most dangerous time in American politics since the Civil War. There is no humor possible in such danger.

The real questions to ask are two:
  1. If the impeachment appears to be threatening to Trump, and that's still an open question, will he react by doing something both unpredictable and dangerous?
  2. If yes to item 1, will the Congress -- especially the GOP members -- do anything to stop him?
I can't say I'm sanguine about either question.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Probably not Donald Trump's favorite sort of music anyway.

It's always good to dip into Giroux from time to time to get a handle on reality in society today.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-07-2019, 01:19 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

Probably not Donald Trump's favorite sort of music anyway.

Excellent! Bach has returned as Ben Comeau and is doing his duty!

wank·er
/ˈwaNGkər/
[/url][Image: svg+xml;base64,PHN2ZyB4bWxucz0iaHR0cDovL...wvc3ZnPgo=]Learn to pronounce
[url=https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS840US840&sxsrf=ACYBGNTp52EFsSepP8BGk8gGlRklFSGdFQ:1572687779464&q=how+to+pronounce+wanker&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcRowS3w8sc9YSn9SWtOXmPU5OINKMrPK81LzkwsyczPExLiYglJLcoV4pLi4GIrT8zLTi2yYlFiSs3jWcQqnpFfrlCSr1AA1JEP1JKqAFEAAKIdafNXAAAA&pron_lang=en&pron_country=us&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi32b_DnsvlAhUQLKwKHRz3CrEQ3eEDMAB6BAgGEAg]

noun
VULGAR SLANG•BRITISH

1. a contemptible person (used as a general term of abuse).

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-27-2019, 11:15 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 10:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I guess that the fun is gone in criticizing Donald Trump. I see nothing funny about death threats to someone who blew the whistle on the most corrupt deed in American foreign policy ever. Basically, help me get re-elected by finding dirt on family members of a likely opponent... if you want the military aid you need for standing up to an aggressive neighbor.

The real questions to ask are two:
  1. If the impeachment appears to be threatening to Trump, and that's still an open question, will he react by doing something both unpredictable and dangerous?
  2. If yes to item 1, will the Congress -- especially the GOP members -- do anything to stop him?
I can't say I'm sanguine about either question.

Indeed, he just abandoned the Kurds to their fate, without warning, and congress expressed disapproval and threatened sanctions on Turkey, and then lost their nerve. That could be a model of future similar behavior of whatever kind.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
[Image: 479c08039354c35b53c5a2e30821b40b2bcefab4...pg?w=800&h]

Bumper sticker:

[Image: 3b450cd6bf219d5ca31dca642610d9f1700a020c...=800&h=229]

Of all things you can call him - a Commie he ain't.
The most amazing thing about all this is that 44% of Americans approve of this.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
[Image: cb41db2ee7cb03ff22f0e8cffd8b96134a792853...=600&h=395]

[Image: EDSwz4VXsAAZu3n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,601 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,885 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,220 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,645 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,938 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green