Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(03-26-2020, 01:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Gray champion he's not. He's the crisis embodied.

He's like Buchanan and Hoover, the 'bad' presidents who demonstrate that the old values can not solve the current problem.  He makes the Grey Champion look extra good for pushing in the new values.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(03-26-2020, 05:48 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 01:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Gray champion he's not. He's the crisis embodied.

He's like Buchanan and Hoover, the 'bad' presidents who demonstrate that the old values can not solve the current problem.  He makes the Grey Champion look extra good for pushing in the new values.

That said, he's also a uniquely repugnant holder of this office. He has no interest in the office itself, just the self aggrandizement it can provide.  It's hard to put him on the list of Presidents and rate him on a similar scale.  He wants to be a king.  I can't think of any other holder of the office that felt that way.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
[Image: 1596b2b4796b7692ff2a4e9bf7f49ecefeb8fe6e...=800&h=564]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

According to the ever reliable news source Facebook, the government is about to violate the precept of separation of church and state. In the effort to fight the virus, Roman Catholic nuns are to be hired to enforce social distancing. They are to be armed with rulers!
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
[Image: 7a3e85d2d591f0ec76a4576a3f1a1f76ba1c4669...=800&h=595]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

[Image: EUPMVcAUcAAeVse?format=jpg&name=small]

I see a political cartoon. The first panel has a calendar in the background that says 1927. A young whippersnapper is urging his father to invest invest invest. The father declines, saying no thank you. You will see. You will see.

The next panel is a repeat of the first. The calendar shows 2020, with the building obviously modified to show nearly a century of aging and equipment change. For example, the old cash register has been replaced by a touch screen. The young whippersnapper in the peak of health believes himself immortal, and is advocating rapid release of gatherings. He wants to party. (Cough cough.) He wants to do business. (Cough cough.) The old man he is talking to is an aged and decrepit version of the young man in the first panel.
[Image: EU4fsFvWoAEWQO_?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: EWBA9YbWAAAp__G?format=jpg&name=large]

On Facebook, a note is circulating that in pagan times they considered no problem was so big that it could not be solved by throwing your leader into a volcano.

Sounds tempting…
[Image: b5757270385ba413b28aee59918ea27b566dc443...=800&h=442]

Actually more about the Governor of Georgia who has sought to 'open' his state for risky activities. 

[Image: 7f4b51c2801f1e232fa7e1f3809af3479fa05d72...=600&h=349]

[Image: How-Mnay-Republicans-Light-Bulb.jpg]

[Image: 97779608_3865713363502465_91432819777999...e=5EE4EE79]
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
[Image: zbth50w4kuv41.jpg]

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Readers tend to fear COVID-19. Most either read on line or are going through books that they bought some years ago.

I can go to the local library with the intend of being there about thirty minutes and be there for three hours... but there is little worth getting COVID-19. Heck, combat is safer than is COVID-19 if one contracts it.

He used to say everybody loves me. Now he talks about how he hates everybody!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Just got a Facebook blurb. A simple question. If a tree falls in the forest, and everyone saw Trump cutting it down, is it still Obama's fault?
He was at a Ford plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan. As usual I could not long tolerate the vile bosh emanating from his mouth, but I did notice what was missing: a mask.

I pity any Ford workers who had to listen to that stuff. Even more, any Ford workers exposed to any germs from him.

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.politicalcar...=800&h=424]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,605 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,645 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,941 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green