I love the video to this one

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

For 1986 I have to include this.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

It may surprise some of you youngsters here but among Xers the Moody Blues were actually quite popular in the eighties.  There aren't many bands from the sixties that can say that.  Yes and the Stones come to mind.  It is a bit of a parody of what Xers experienced with the Boomers but parody often contains important truths.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
Beavisbutthead

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

I always preferred Wierd Al doing Madonna to Madonna herself but then I always had an odd sense of humor.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
and this kinky thing from '86. A very tappable early boomer (Rob Palmer)

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 01:50 AM)taramarie Wrote: and this kinky thing from '86. A very tappable early boomer (Rob Palmer)

I don't think you understand exactly how popular Wierd Al was back in the eighties. Wink

He even does a passable Robert Palmer.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 01:59 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 01:50 AM)taramarie Wrote: and this kinky thing from '86. A very tappable early boomer (Rob Palmer)

I don't think you understand exactly how popular Wierd Al was back in the eighties. Wink

Ahh but don't underestimate a millie with a boomer for a parent. Well aware of weird al. Mum talks about him all the time! Wink
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 02:00 AM)taramarie Wrote:

Again, Weird Al does it better. Smile   Many of us, at the time, wondered what would happen to him if Michael Jackson ever went out of favor.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

If I remember correctly this is where the Boy George androgynous look came from.  It was a good song.

(06-17-2016, 02:06 AM)Galen Wrote:

Again, Weird Al does it better. Smile   Many of us, at the time,  wondered what would happen to him if Michael Jackson ever went out of favor.

Hahahaha yes i wondered how long it would take before this one was posted in response hahahaha my mother showed me this one It is pretty damned awesome and hilarious! Tongue
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 02:11 AM)taramarie Wrote:

Again, Weird Al does it better. Smile   Many of us, at the time,  wondered what would happen to him if Michael Jackson ever went out of favor.

Hahahaha yes i wondered how long it would take before this one was posted in response hahahaha my mother showed me this one It is pretty damned awesome and hilarious! Tongue

(06-17-2016, 02:08 AM)Galen Wrote: If I remember correctly this is where the Boy George androgynous look came from.  It was a good song.

That is a fantastic song
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 02:11 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 02:11 AM)taramarie Wrote:

I had to do it.  By 1985 pop stars knew they had arrived when Weird Al did a parody.

From Dirty Dancing. An awesome movie my mother introduced me to.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-17-2016, 02:03 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 01:59 AM)Galen Wrote:

Ahh but don't underestimate a millie with a boomer for a parent. Well aware of weird al. Mum talks about him all the time! Wink

Yes, but speaking as an Xer with Boomer parents they didn't always have much of a sense of humor.  You were most fortunate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the best songs ever Eric the Green 773 136,601 06-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 75 18,391 05-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green