Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Survivor": Millennials vs. Gen X
(10-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Bronsin Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:01 AM)Odin Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 06:49 PM)Bronsin Wrote: What's the over/under on how many of the millennials still live in their parent's basement?

You know that this is because of economic reasons and not laziness or immaturity, right? Rolleyes

Maybe for some that is the case, but it has reached an almost epidemic proportion. There are plenty of jobs out there for people who want to, or HAVE to work.

Where I live there are help needed signs all over the place, and they have been up for months advertising jobs that range from $10-14 hr, and people won't fill the positions because that's not where they want to work. Money is green. They need to get that through their thick heads. When the housing bubble burst, I saw more than one person my age, in a fairly new car or SUV, delivering pizza's and working fast food because they were going to lose that car, or their house, when their jobs fell apart. Millennials would just move back home, if they ever left in the first place.
This statement reminds me of the great communicator, the great deceiver, and his assistant who had my name, holding up a newspaper during his recession in 1981, and proclaiming how many want ads for jobs there were. There's nothing new about putting down the poor and economically-hurting and blaming them for the problems that the Republican politicians themselves and whom they represent constantly create.

Quote:Here's my old man pulpit and how I was raised: When you were 16 you got your driver's license, and a job. After graduation, you got out of the house. This wasn't up for debate, and I didn't have to be pushed out either. I wanted nothing more than to GTFO of my Mother's house at the soonest opportunity. And that wasn't just me, that was every single one of my friends. You either went to work or college. Staying at home and sitting on your ass waiting to win the lottery was NO option.

Such silliness here. Yeah, go out and buy the cheapest house in the neighborhood, which probably costs a million dollars, or rent a small apartment for a thousand or two or three, with the income from a job that pays $7.25 an hour. Good luck with that.

Quote:Case in point, my niece and nephew, who at 20 and 21 yrs old, FINALLY got their drivers license, and only have gotten jobs because their new step-father has had a bellyfull of them sitting around the house, and their mother takes them both to work, at the SAME place. How convenient........... Of course, they both have all the latest gadgets and are on everything that's considered social media. Oh, and they are both a couple of doughballs.

Millennials live in their gadgets and on social media; no doubt about that. Certainly not the best training for Survivor, or maybe not for surviving in the real world either. But they have these gadgets and social media thanks in part to some smart and enterprising millennials.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-01-2016, 12:09 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: I have no dog in the Eric vs. Taramarie kerffufle.

You don't need a dog; just your sense of humor (it was a joke, son; mostly on myself). Of course, we know who has none (sense of humor, that is; I don't actually know if she has a dog or not)

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-01-2016, 02:54 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Bronsin Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 07:01 AM)Odin Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 06:49 PM)Bronsin Wrote: What's the over/under on how many of the millennials still live in their parent's basement?

You know that this is because of economic reasons and not laziness or immaturity, right? Rolleyes

Maybe for some that is the case, but it has reached an almost epidemic proportion. There are plenty of jobs out there for people who want to, or HAVE to work.

Where I live there are help needed signs all over the place, and they have been up for months advertising jobs that range from $10-14 hr, and people won't fill the positions because that's not where they want to work. Money is green. They need to get that through their thick heads. When the housing bubble burst, I saw more than one person my age, in a fairly new car or SUV, delivering pizza's and working fast food because they were going to lose that car, or their house, when their jobs fell apart. Millennials would just move back home, if they ever left in the first place.
This statement reminds me of the great communicator, the great deceiver, and his assistant who had my name, holding up a newspaper during his recession in 1981, and proclaiming how many want ads for jobs there were. There's nothing new about putting down the poor and economically-hurting and blaming them for the problems that the Republican politicians themselves and whom they represent constantly create.

Quote:Here's my old man pulpit and how I was raised: When you were 16 you got your driver's license, and a job. After graduation, you got out of the house. This wasn't up for debate, and I didn't have to be pushed out either. I wanted nothing more than to GTFO of my Mother's house at the soonest opportunity. And that wasn't just me, that was every single one of my friends. You either went to work or college. Staying at home and sitting on your ass waiting to win the lottery was NO option.

Such silliness here. Yeah, go out and buy the cheapest house in the neighborhood, which probably costs a million dollars, or rent a small apartment for a thousand or two or three, with the income from a job that pays $7.25 an hour. Good luck with that.

Quote:Case in point, my niece and nephew, who at 20 and 21 yrs old, FINALLY got their drivers license, and only have gotten jobs because their new step-father has had a bellyfull of them sitting around the house, and their mother takes them both to work, at the SAME place. How convenient........... Of course, they both have all the latest gadgets and are on everything that's considered social media. Oh, and they are both a couple of doughballs.

Millennials live in their gadgets and on social media; no doubt about that. Certainly not the best training for Survivor, or maybe not for surviving in the real world either. But they have these gadgets and social media thanks in part to some smart and enterprising millennials.

Laffin'........................
Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.
(09-30-2016, 06:48 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
Eric The Green Wrote:Although, as is the case among all of us in the USA, including among Boomers, that "richest" wealth is concentrated at the top.
I think the Silents have the most wealth.

The initial article I cited said Boomers.  Others say Silents.  They seem to be based upon a 2013 report from the Federal Reserve, which I found best examined in this article:

http://www.demos.org/blog/9/8/14/wealth-...-age-group

Here is mean wealth broken down by age group:
[Image: 2013meanwealthage.png]
The below-35 age group is the least wealthy and has a mean net worth of $76k. From there, it just goes up and up, topping out in the 65-74 age group at $1.06 million.
Here is median wealth broken down by age group:
[Image: 2013medianwealthage.png]
These median wealth figures tell the same story as mean wealth. The below-35 age group has the lowest median wealth at $10k. The 65-74 age group has the highest median wealth at $232k.

So it looks like the wealthiest group are those born from 1939 to 1948, mainly the very latest Silents, War Baby cuspers and Aquarian Boomers.  If anyone has better information, let me know.
Those graphs don't mean much, when the fact remains that for all groups, the wealth is distributed so that most of it is owned by the very wealthy. If the top 1% own most of the wealth, then even if all of that 1% are in their 60s and 70s, that's still a small proportion of those in their 60s and 70s. That's why it's worth pointing out that there's no real generational divide, except in some peoples' minds. The divide is political, between those who believe in the trickle-down theory which has created the inequality, and those who don't. That's all that matters today.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-02-2016, 10:24 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 06:48 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
Eric The Green Wrote:Although, as is the case among all of us in the USA, including among Boomers, that "richest" wealth is concentrated at the top.
I think the Silents have the most wealth.

The initial article I cited said Boomers.  Others say Silents.  They seem to be based upon a 2013 report from the Federal Reserve, which I found best examined in this article:

http://www.demos.org/blog/9/8/14/wealth-...-age-group

Here is mean wealth broken down by age group:
[Image: 2013meanwealthage.png]
The below-35 age group is the least wealthy and has a mean net worth of $76k. From there, it just goes up and up, topping out in the 65-74 age group at $1.06 million.
Here is median wealth broken down by age group:
[Image: 2013medianwealthage.png]
These median wealth figures tell the same story as mean wealth. The below-35 age group has the lowest median wealth at $10k. The 65-74 age group has the highest median wealth at $232k.

So it looks like the wealthiest group are those born from 1939 to 1948, mainly the very latest Silents, War Baby cuspers and Aquarian Boomers.  If anyone has better information, let me know.

Both those graphs tell the same basic story:  people start saving around age 30, save until they are fully retired between 65 and 75, then start drawing down their saved wealth.  To tell which generation was the best off, you'd have to have figures on what they had or will have at the peak of their wealth.  Those figures would be hard to come by for the 75+ group, and impossible to come by for those under 65.
(10-02-2016, 06:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Those graphs don't mean much, when the fact remains that for all groups, the wealth is distributed so that most of it is owned by the very wealthy. If the top 1% own most of the wealth, then even if all of that 1% are in their 60s and 70s, that's still a small proportion of those in their 60s and 70s. That's why it's worth pointing out that there's no real generational divide, except in some peoples' minds. The divide is political, between those who believe in the trickle-down theory which has created the inequality, and those who don't. That's all that matters today.

Then why do you keep calling Generation X materialistic when there is absolutely no basis for it?  Why is that when there is talk of the materialism of Baby Boomers, it is "oh, it's just a small portion of people in their 60s and 70s who are in the 1% income range," but the "typical Gen Xer is pecuniary"?  That's bullshit.
(09-30-2016, 03:05 PM)taramarie Wrote: Bingo. That is correct and yet older people who do not get that use it as a means to bully younger people into leaving when they can't financially. In my case my mother cannot live without my money (her debt) and we are having a housing crisis here in NZ too. Even renting is costly. So guess where I am atm? Better to spend my time at University (as jobs are scarce too) and prepare to get my dream job when the crisis hopefully blows over.

Why is there a housing crisis, there? I would think you guys have plenty of room?
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(10-01-2016, 11:10 AM)Bronsin Wrote: Maybe for some that is the case, but it has reached an almost epidemic proportion. There are plenty of jobs out there for people who want to, or HAVE to work.

Here's my old man pulpit and how I was raised: When you were 16 you got your driver's license, and a job. After graduation, you got out of the house. This wasn't up for debate, and I didn't have to be pushed out either. I wanted nothing more than to GTFO of my Mother's house at the soonest opportunity. And that wasn't just me, that was every single one of my friends. You either went to work or college. Staying at home and sitting on your ass waiting to win the lottery  was NO option.

Case in point, my niece and nephew, who at 20 and 21 yrs old, FINALLY got their drivers license, and only have gotten jobs because their new step-father has had a bellyfull of them sitting around the house, and their mother takes them both to work, at the SAME place. How convenient........... Of course, they both have all the latest gadgets and are on everything that's considered social media. Oh, and they are both a couple of doughballs.

I think you are getting things mixed up, here. Plenty of Millennials living with their parents DO have jobs, it is just that those jobs pay very poorly and in a lot of areas are too low to be able to afford an apartment. Adults living with their parents is less common up here in Fargo than in other places exactly because housing costs are very low up here. I was able to move out of my parents' house and rent a studio apartment for $250/mo.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(10-02-2016, 10:16 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 06:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Those graphs don't mean much, when the fact remains that for all groups, the wealth is distributed so that most of it is owned by the very wealthy. If the top 1% own most of the wealth, then even if all of that 1% are in their 60s and 70s, that's still a small proportion of those in their 60s and 70s. That's why it's worth pointing out that there's no real generational divide, except in some peoples' minds. The divide is political, between those who believe in the trickle-down theory which has created the inequality, and those who don't. That's all that matters today.

Then why do you keep calling Generation X materialistic when there is absolutely no basis for it?  Why is that when there is talk of the materialism of Baby Boomers, it is "oh, it's just a small portion of people in their 60s and 70s who are in the 1% income range," but the "typical Gen Xer is pecuniary"?  That's bullshit.

Strauss and Howe noticed it too. As soon as Gen X started dominating their classes, they wrote, the students' attitude was not philosophical and question authority and such, but quick, how can I use it to make some money. Gen X were "sharp-eyed survivalists" according to them. Gen X are "pragmatic individualists" and "entrepreneurial." Most people agree on that. I didn't bring up "pecuniary" in this thread though; that was how Rags described himself, and I pointed out that the Survivor villain who best exemplifies this is Russell Hanze, who is the epitome of the worst traits of Gen X. But Xers admire him for his strategic ability to win by any means that he can, and many call him the best player ever. The Survivor game itself is a typical Generation X expression, since Gen X are "survivalists."

But there's no doubt, all Americans and maybe all people in today's materialist society have a strong dose of materialism, and boomers were famous for throwing off their anti-materialism in the 80s and becoming yuppies. They went materialist right along with Gen X as it came of age. So everyone knows all of that. But the graphs you posted are baloney, if you want to say that this supposed wealth gap (as some have over the years here) is because boomers have grabbed all the wealth, and that's why millennials and Gen X are suffering. No, if anything, THAT's the "bullshit." And Warren Dew is right too; older people saving money is just the normal course of life; although even so, some few people can save a lot more than others. Generational rivalry and blame is misplaced blame; the politics of the typical 3T libertarian philosophy is to blame. Republican blocking of all liberal policies, and Democratic compliance with Republican policies (as in Clinton's going along with repeal of Glass Steagall); those are to blame. Inequality created by Republican policy is to blame. It's up to all generations now to look beyond materialism to what is best for all generations. That means, go left politically.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-03-2016, 12:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 10:16 PM)gabrielle Wrote:

Strauss and Howe noticed it too. As soon as Gen X started dominating their classes, they wrote, the students' attitude was not philosophical and question authority and such, but quick, how can I use it to make some money. Gen X were "sharp-eyed survivalists" according to them. Gen X are "pragmatic individualists" and "entrepreneurial." Most people agree on that. I didn't bring up "pecuniary" in this thread though; that was how Rags described himself, and I pointed out that the Survivor villain who best exemplifies this is Russell Hanze, who is the epitome of the worst traits of Gen X. But Xers admire him for his strategic ability to win by any means that he can, and many call him the best player ever. The Survivor game itself is a typical Generation X expression, since Gen X are "survivalists."

But there's no doubt, all Americans and maybe all people in today's materialist society have a strong dose of materialism, and boomers were famous for throwing off their anti-materialism in the 80s and becoming yuppies. They went materialist right along with Gen X as it came of age. So everyone knows all of that. But the graphs you posted are baloney, if you want to say that this supposed wealth gap (as some have over the years here) is because boomers have grabbed all the wealth, and that's why millennials and Gen X are suffering. No, if anything, THAT's the "bullshit." And Warren Dew is right too; older people saving money is just the normal course of life; although even so, some few people can save a lot more than others. Generational rivalry and blame is misplaced blame; the politics of the typical 3T libertarian philosophy is to blame. Republican blocking of all liberal policies, and Democratic compliance with Republican policies (as in Clinton's going along with repeal of Glass Steagall); those are to blame. Inequality created by Republican policy is to blame. It's up to all generations now to look beyond materialism to what is best for all generations. That means, go left politically.

I am trying to point out that Boomers are just as interested in making and having money as other generations, and that Generation X is no more materialistic than other generations.  There is really no way to prove otherwise.  Interviewing a few high school students back in the 80s doesn't cut it.  Going by personal observations and general impressions doesn't cut it.  Rags calls himself "pecuniary," but he is speaking of himself as an individual.  And no, the charts I posted don't prove that any generation is more materialistic than others.  I suppose, as Warren Dew suggested, one could compare figures of all generations at the peak of their wealth, but even then it would be doubtful one could use it to come to a conclusion about who is the most "materialistic" generation. 

Stereotyping an entire generation as "pecuniary" is bigotry, Eric.  Calling a "villain" on Survivor a typical Gen Xer is bigotry.  ("Xers admire him"--which Xers would that be exactly?  What percentage of the entire Gen X population do they constitute?)

It's not just you, though.  These forums are rife with bigotry.  I am beginning to believe that generational theory promotes prejudice.  I am not surprised to learn, from another thread, that the academic world has largely ignored it and that it has mainly been taken up by the business world--another gimmick used to peg their employees and market to their consumers.
(10-03-2016, 04:14 PM)gabrielle Wrote: Stereotyping an entire generation as "pecuniary" is bigotry, Eric.
But I didn't do it. Why ignore what I pointed out?
Quote:  Calling a "villain" on Survivor a typical Gen Xer is bigotry.  ("Xers admire him"--which Xers would that be exactly?  What percentage of the entire Gen X population do they constitute?)
I don't know. Russell may be typical of the stereotype of the worst traits of Gen Xers. Let's put it that way. Not all, or even most Gen Xers, are like him. Or admire him. But it's certainly true that I have personally known some Gen Xers like him myself. But, I have known far more Gen Xers who were not like him. Those Boomers on the show or whom I know who were "villains," had a different style of villainy, like Richard Hatch. There are differences between the generations, and we can experience them. But no, I don't label them all one way or another. So no, I don't think it's bigotry. That's too insulting a word to throw.

Quote:It's not just you, though.  These forums are rife with bigotry.  I am beginning to believe that generational theory promotes prejudice.  I am not surprised to learn, from another thread, that the academic world has largely ignored it and that it has mainly been taken up by the business world--another gimmick used to peg their employees and market to their consumers.

There are differences. Academic approaches can't understand everything anyway. But S&H did a lot of biographical studies to determine generational traits and archetypes. It's not either or. Generations are not all the same. But noone is typical of any generation. Over-generalization is wrong, but so is under-generalization.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2016, 07:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 08:01 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
Rags Wrote:I'm not a deplorable, but I am (a) quite cynical and pecuniary man. Cool Big Grin Tongue

Eric The Green Wrote:Yes, typical Gen Xer. Will you be on the Survivor show? Maybe you could be what they call a "villain" like Russell Hantz. Then again, maybe Galen would play the role better.

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-life...-villains/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Hantz

Nope, I got: http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Tina_Wesson
http://www.buddytv.com/personalityquiz/s...iz=1000037

I'm not a "she" of course.

The quiz might be unreliable. It was hard to fit into the four choices many times. Your self-description was more like Russell than Tina, but you might be more like Tina. You'd never know unless you played. But Tina was very respected and quite honest; not "cynical or pecuniary." That would be Russell; he was and is those things on steroids. He's a creepy Texas oil man. Very typical of the worst Xer traits, including in the way he looks and talks.

I got Stephanie LaGrossa. I don't remember her.
[Image: survivor-lagrossa.jpg]

Quote:
Eric The Green Wrote:Although some (probably Gen Xers) admire him as one of the greatest players, I am among those (probably Boomers or Millennials) who generally despise him and everything about him. But, it's all part of the game; it brings out the best and worst in the players.

Quote:Some Boomers like Hillary and Trump are clueless clowns.

Eric The Green Wrote:Yes, Trump is; Bush II was; Bill was not, in most respects; and Hillary is not. In time, that will likely be demonstrated.

Uh, Bill is the one who helped to get rid of Glass Steagal and did the "end welfare as we know" it thing. Hillery can't help herself in looking crooked. I mean, really, why did the DNC do everything to throw the election? Those hot emails are another thing. The stuff goes way back to the 1970's.
Shrub, no doubt clueless.
Trump, also no doubt. Mr. weather vane, probably armed and dangerous. Big Grin

There has never been a president who has not made wrong decisions. That is nothing new. A president who makes mistakes on the level of Bill Clinton is the norm, not the exception. He also did a lot of things right; that has been reviewed before here. It's up to you and others to pay attention.

There are no hot emails; there was no thrown election. All that is Republican (and leftist) flim-flam.

Quote:In short, a pox on both parties. The US has totally gone to the dogs. It's really run by the Deep State and multinats, so I'm not even sure if elections even matter any more.

Both parties are infected with a lot of pox; one far more than the other, however. Of course you know my opinion Smile Elections matter; the people make the choice, even if powerful media and multinats can lobby and advertise more than the people can. It's still up to the people to get informed and vote intelligently. If we don't, or stay home and fume, that is OUR fault, and no-one else's. If we don't stay active all year around, and let our leaders off the hook, that is OUR fault. We the people put stupid, corrupt Republicans in congress in 2010 and 2014. No-one but US did that evil deed. We the people voted twice for the shrub. That is our responsibility. Even if there was cheating in 2000, George got enough votes to make it close enough to cheat it. "We're the slaves of the phony leaders," as Pete Townshend said. It's up to us not to be fooled again and again and again.

Quote:
Quote:Stereotyping an entire generation as "pecuniary" is bigotry, Eric.
But I didn't do it. Why ignore what I pointed out?

Yes you did, see above.
Those who are materialistic, or materialists, might not think it's bigotry to be called one.

Yes, I think Gen Xers were more materialistic in youth than boomers were in their youth. In the 3T, it was about equal. Nowadays, I'm not sure. But yes you were right, I did say "typical Gen X." Maybe over the top. But on the other hand, the idea that Gen Xers are cynical is quite a common observation. Again, if you're a cynic, that's not an insult.

And gabrielle forgets, that Rags identified himself as not a deplorable, but a cynical and pecuniary man, after I said this:

"Only when deserved. Like all generations, Xers have their good and bad points, in my opinion. Generalizing about generations "always" has its pitfalls. But I would not say that half of Gen Xers are "deplorables." "

So Rags comment was in the context of identifying himself as an Xer.

Does generational theory promote prejudice? Maybe and maybe not; depends on how you look at it. Then again, "prejudice" is more commonly applied to race, religion, sex, etc. You don't find too many people refusing to hire "boomers," "Gen Xers" or "millennials." Even though there may be age discrimination; it's not because of supposed generational traits. I've never heard of police using "Gen X profiling" in making their arrests. Lumping people in with the supposed traits of an entire generation may be over the top. Lumping views of generations in with "bigotry" is also over the top.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Glad to see they finally voted that boatanchor CeCe off the island. She was absolutely horrid in every challenge, and is a huge part of why the GenX'ers are so depleted in this game. She had the nerve to say she was blindsided LOL. She WISH she had been blindsided! That would have meant she had at least been a threat to win LMMFAO. That was the easiest decision anyone in the game had to make. Next one should be David. He's just as bad as she was.
Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.
I've been trying to keep up with the generational Survivor "battle" amid all the election chaos, and it's harder because the millennials are all so young and attractive, but not very buff, so it's hard to keep track of them, even though they've sucked up all the attention so far, which is natural-- good looks, youth and sex appeal sells. Lots of young surfers and hippies and high-techers among them. But even though they prevailed over the hard-bitten survivalist Gen Xers, who as usual look the part in that typical Gen X manner, in the earlier head to head generational contests, now the millennials have lost their collegiality and have turned on each other, seemingly oblivious to the generational contest and instead settling old scores. In a perfectly amiable way, of course. So much so that it's hard to remember who is who. But I'm learning gradually.

Meanwhile I have very little clue about who the Gen Xers are, and can keep track of them even less. They have been neglected on the show, and are in a position to prevail now-- thanks to the millennials lack of focus on the greater generational battle and their heedless behavior. I guess, just how in real life they fail to vote in crucial elections, taking for granted that things will just be fine. But the coming attractions segment at the end said that there would be "civil war" among the Xers now that they are in the drivers' seat, so maybe they will revert to form and turn on each other in their individualist ways.

Taylor millennial was voted off because he hoarded food, and he seemed to be happy about it; he had made some cool friends including Jay (Justin) his rival, and a girlfriend whom his millennial tribe mate Adam (I think it was) had earlier gotten voted off. So cool, hip Taylor non-chalantly went his way after the tribe had spoken, as his friend Jay only got 4 votes to his 6, and 1 (by him) for the villain Adam; Taylor's retribution plan in total ruin, as his selfish and heedless hoarding behavior was exposed in tribal council, and none of the millennials able to keep any confidences or secrets.

All in all, perhaps an expose about how screwed up all of our generations are in these times, as we face the prospect of total ruin in a potentially-failed 4T.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/16/su...-revealed/

[Image: surv_1116_08.jpg?w=810&crop=0%2C0px%2C100%2C9999px]
Adam Klein, Bret LaBelle, Jessica Lewis, Ken McNickle, David Wright, Justin Starrett, Hannah Shapiro, Chris Hammons, Taylor Stocker, Will Wahl, Sunday Burquest and Ezekiel/Zeke Smith at Tribal Council. (Monty Brinton/CBS)

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Singers > Boomers, Xers and Millennials JasonBlack 11 1,748 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack