Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Turning "purge"
(11-08-2019, 07:47 AM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:16 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:01 PM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:15 PM)beechnut79 Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:06 PM)Marypoza Wrote: --- l just wish they'd purge Miz Nancy. We need fresh blood. Ain't gonna happen tho

ps, Toyz R Us is coming back

Purges have already started. We certainly can consider the likes of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and others has having been purged in the advent of the #MeToo movement. Yes, their behavior was horrible. Pointing this out as perhaps a preview of things to come in other arenas.

This rather sounds as if the lefties/feminists were winning.
If they are telling the truth it would be a good thing. Context is king of course.

It seems the were right about some rapists. Doesn't mean that anything any feminist ever said was right.
Depends on what type of feminist you are speaking of.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

It might be possible to discount one allegation as "he said/she said", but a systematic pattern of accusations is a different matter.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(04-12-2019, 11:51 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: Yes, we can expect a speculative boom during the next 3T.   The greedy won't let dusty old history get in their way.  Others will be naive, and easy to con because they have no personal memories of such a period.

Michio Kaku (who's field is actually physics, not economics) described this cycle.  He indicated that these speculative booms are spaced roughly a life time apart.

Physicist? Chemists did much to turn economics into a science at the University of California at Berkeley by applying mathematical models applicable to chemistry and thermodynamics  to economics. Thermodynamics is borderline between chemistry and physics. 

If you are a clumsy lab technician in chemistry you just might find economics more to your liking.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(11-09-2019, 02:00 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:01 PM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 04:15 PM)beechnut79 Wrote: Purges have already started. We certainly can consider the likes of Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and others has having been purged in the advent of the #MeToo movement. Yes, their behavior was horrible. Pointing this out as perhaps a preview of things to come in other arenas.

This rather sounds as if the lefties/feminists were winning.
If they are telling the truth it would be a good thing. Context is king of course.

It seems the were right about some rapists. Doesn't mean that anything any feminist ever said was right.

Yeah, there are many types. One I don't like is e.g. Lena Dunham, sorry for mentioning her.
(11-11-2019, 05:48 AM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:01 PM)Hintergrund Wrote: This rather sounds as if the lefties/feminists were winning.

Yeah, there are many types. One I don't like is e.g. Lena Dunham, sorry for mentioning her.
Any particular reasons for her specifically?
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(11-11-2019, 05:56 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 10:16 PM)taramarie Wrote: If they are telling the truth it would be a good thing. Context is king of course.

One reason's enough: As she wrote herself in her autobiography, she touched her baby sister inappropriately, to put it midly. She is so rotten she can't even see anything wrong with that.
(11-11-2019, 06:18 AM)Hintergrund Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 05:56 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:47 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: It seems the were right about some rapists. Doesn't mean that anything any feminist ever said was right.

One reason's enough: As she wrote herself in her autobiography, she touched her baby sister inappropriately, to put it midly. She is so rotten she can't even see anything wrong with that.
She what?! OMG.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Indeed.
(11-11-2019, 06:30 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Indeed.

All I need is a few minutes alone with her for doing that. I was a victim of that myself, so you can imagine how I feel about that sort of thing. I was 5 when it happened to me, and it did till I was bleeding and injured "down there." What a BIIIIITCH.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

You'd be 100% justified to do so.
In recent times throughout the West, the "enemy" is being described as those who are “White Supremacists" or the "Alt-Right" or even "Nationalists" or 'Populists".  Also, it is increasingly likely that groups such as Men’s Rights Activists and ‘Incels’ are being part of the ‘Enemy’.

Also, I am increasingly convinced, that the new version of McCarthyism that will come in the 1T will make the original like a walk in the park. Especially if these groups start insurrections and low scale civil wars similar to the Troubles were for Northern Ireland. Indeed these groups are trying their hardest currently to achieve exactly that.
In recent times throughout the West, the "enemy" is being described as those who are “White Supremacists" or the "Alt-Right" or even "Nationalists" or 'Populists".  Also, it is increasingly likely that groups such as Men’s Rights Activists and ‘Incels’ are being part of the ‘Enemy’.

Also, I am increasingly convinced, that the new version of McCarthyism that will come in the 1T will make the original like a walk in the park. Especially if these groups start insurrections and low scale civil wars similar to the Troubles were for Northern Ireland. Indeed these groups are trying their hardest currently to achieve exactly that.
Western Christian Civilization had a huge problem with white supremacists in the last Crisis Era -- literal Nazis. For a short time in the 1920's (which was before the Crisis) many Americans had a dalliance with the KKK.

(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Western Christian Civilization had a huge problem with white supremacists in the last Crisis Era -- literal Nazis. For a short time in the 1920's (which was before the Crisis) many Americans had a dalliance with the KKK.

However the English speaking countries, did not have much an experience of fascism not to mention authoritarianism during the last Crisis. However in this one we are certainly getting an experience of what Fascism was like, with Authoritarian Nationalists, already Britain, America and Australia have strongman authoritarian nationalist leaders.
(11-12-2019, 12:07 AM)Teejay Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Western Christian Civilization had a huge problem with white supremacists in the last Crisis Era -- literal Nazis. For a short time in the 1920's (which was before the Crisis) many Americans had a dalliance with the KKK.

However the English speaking countries, did not have much an experience of fascism not to mention authoritarianism during the last Crisis. However in this one we are certainly getting an experience of what Fascism was like, with Authoritarian Nationalists, already Britain, America and Australia have strongman authoritarian nationalist leaders.

And not surprising, all three have dominant press presence by the Murdock Clan.  This may be the time that freedom of the press gets targeted for incubating the crises in all three, but to what end I can't say.  Let's hope that neo-sedition acts don't pop up to "correct the imbalance between governance and press freedom".
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(11-12-2019, 11:23 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 12:07 AM)Teejay Wrote:

And not surprising, all three have dominant press presence by the Murdock Clan.  This may be the time that freedom of the press gets targeted for incubating the crises in all three, but to what end I can't say.  Let's hope that neo-sedition acts don't pop up to "correct the imbalance between governance and press freedom".

Rupert Murdoch is the Alfred Hugenberg our saeculum, Murdoh has been instrumental to allowing neo-nationalism to be normalised in Australian political discourse, not to mentioning playing an important role in the rise of the Brexit, Tea Party and MAGA movements.

It is notable in both Canada and New Zealand, where News Corporation does not have signifcant presence in the media, that strongman authoritarian leaders or neo-nationalist parties have not been elected in government.
It could be that every country is vulnerable to some manifestation of fascism that uniquely fits the culture of that country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does the Fourth Turning seem to take Forever? AspieMillennial 22 428 01-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Does the UK disprove the Fourth Turning? AspieMillennial 14 397 01-02-2020, 12:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What will happen when this turning ends? AspieMillennial 25 444 12-30-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Turning-dependent jokes Hintergrund 15 1,479 11-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  First Turning "purge" Teejay 49 9,699 11-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Marypoza
  The Fourth Turning Halftime Update sbarrera 54 11,298 11-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Looking at the generations from the Fourth Turning perspective sbarrera 43 8,645 09-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  My "Hybrid Turning" Theory Anthony '58 21 6,658 09-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 2 1,711 05-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  Fourth Turning Theory with a Fibonacci Overlay TeacherinExile 1 5,504 03-04-2017, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green