Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(11-13-2016, 11:47 PM)taramarie Wrote: btw apologies for the many spelling errors. I have not had much sleep since the massive earthquakes that have gone on today an there have been many 6 through to 7 richter scale earthquakes plus the tsunami siren going off all night etc. I am exhausted.

Natural disasters do tend to be disruptive so I understand about the lack of sleep.  Don't worry about it since you clearly have bigger problems than spelling to deal with.  Hope there wasn't too much destruction.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(11-14-2016, 12:04 AM)Galen Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 11:47 PM)taramarie Wrote: btw apologies for the many spelling errors. I have not had much sleep since the massive earthquakes that have gone on today an there have been many 6 through to 7 richter scale earthquakes plus the tsunami siren going off all night etc. I am exhausted.

Natural disasters do tend to be disruptive so I understand about the lack of sleep.  Don't worry about it since you clearly have bigger problems than spelling to deal with.  Hope there wasn't too much destruction.

Quite a lot of damage and a couple of people have died. Many injured. Lucky it was not more like our feb quake of 2011. Apparently it has to do with the super moon and its gravitational pull at its maximum on earth. It is at its closest point tonight. I have no idea if true or not but it is rather interesting it happened last night when it was very close. I hope it is a quiet night so I can get some rest.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(11-13-2016, 09:25 PM)Odin Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:20 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The blue drama queens are so annoying yet so entertaining at the same time.

Even i have to think it is ridiculous. I want to know where they are getting their ideas. Does everything have to be so sensationalist over there?

I remember people doing the exact same Chicken Little "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING" thing when Bush was elected in 2000, and throughout his presidency there was paranoid ranting about Bush cancelling elections and making himself dictator.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 03:24 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: The blue drama queens are so annoying yet so entertaining at the same time.

Even i have to think it is ridiculous. I want to know where they are getting their ideas. Does everything have to be so sensationalist over there?

I remember people doing the exact same Chicken Little "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING" thing when Bush was elected in 2000, and throughout his presidency there was paranoid ranting about Bush cancelling elections and making himself dictator.

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!

It's not a question of not being calm. It's a question of realizing what might happen. Bush was far worse than we thought, indeed; and not only did he unleash imperialism on a wicked and unheard-of scale, he did threaten civil liberties in serious ways, and at Cheney's behest tried mightily to concentrate power in the presidency. But Bush is not Donald Trump. The two are different. Trump might offer some likely-deceptive programs to benefit the working class, just as Hitler did. He may make the trains run on time (i.e. "build some transportation infrastructure" as he claims he wants), since he is Mussolini reincarnate. It's not clear now just how far he may go toward making himself dictator, or what he can get away with. But his temperament could not be more clear, and his egging on crowds to hurt protesters at his rallies, his pining for the good old days when they were roughed up, and his banning of reporters he doesn't like from his events, as well as advocacy of war crimes, suggest alarming tendencies. He cannot be impeached, and he can pack the courts eventually. Panic and wild charges may be premature, but he needs to feel maximum pressure on him, and ultimate watchfulness, and relentless organizing against his party.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-13-2016, 09:19 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-12-2016, 04:45 PM)playwrite Wrote: Hey, maybe they'll open Gettysburg to being a shooting range where you can reenact Picket's charge and shoot the Union Lines with AR if not machine guns and real live ammo.  Ye-haw!  Then it will dawn on everyone that the South would have won if only for the want of ARs... and maybe they should do a re-match.

For the kids, you know.

I do remember sitting under the tree at the Angle, looking out over the open fields, and watching a gaggle of elementary school students carrying various flags but no weapons reenact the charge.  I was almost tempted to lay down behind the wall and start shouting 'bang, bang!'.

The adult re enactors do do the charge most every year, but not in the park.  One of the nearby farmers rents them a similar enough field.

Yep, it is an amazing place.

Where do you place this coming "high tide mark" at?

CALM DOWN PEOPLE!!!

Yea, and you just want to gut the soul of the Dem party and become more GOP or populist or something or another.
Basically, the last few posters have told us not to worry, it will be just as if Obama had another 4 years.

Old enough to remember "passionate conservatism;" now we got "friendly fascism."

Keep it up though, again this is going to be the silver lining of coming back and laughing at you and watching the excuses and rationalizing. Thanks in advance!
Back to topic -

The Trump Trainwreck dilemma is already setting itself up.  

We get Steve Bannon as closest WH advisor to represent "the evil" and with get Mr. GOP Establishment, Reince Priebus, as Chief of Staff to lead "the betrayals" (i.e., typical GOP trickle down to screw those White working class in the MidWest who went stupid).

Oh, instead of a big huge beautiful Wall, fences are going to be okay.

Trump admits wall he has vowed to build between U.S. and Mexico could be part fence

Less evil, more betrayal???

It's all going to be a horrific chronology but it will also be pretty damn amusing.
(11-14-2016, 01:42 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Don't get distracted by all the domestic stuff. Sure there will be things to fight. But the key item is geopolitics.

This has always been the long game here.

It is why the SCO supported Trump and why they support the "extreme" Right and Alt-Right world wide. Geopolitics is the only reason they supported him. And they will collect!

I'm feeling the opposite. With virtual or actual civil war here, the focus for me is what can we do to oppose the global warming that Trump, Pence and Ryan and co will be unleashing, if anything. What will we have to do in CA to replace the federal government which has disappeared, along with its funding sent to blue states and sanctuary cities? What can be done to stop Ryan from dismantling the New Deal and Great Society and turning the USA even more completely over to the robber barons? With our own nation to worry about, with Trump and Ryan at the helm, Trump is truly converting me into "America First!"

So, if Russia wants to invade Ukraine or Estonia, we can't stop him, so why try? The Syrian people are losing their country; we can't help them. Israel will not make peace with Palestine, so why try? ISIS; what's the big deal? If Iran gets nucs, let them. If NATO dissolves, the USA will save money. I don't care so much right now. When we have lost our own country, what does it matter of others are losing theirs? We can't help them. 

Except that, if you are right that one of the ways we have lost our country, is that we have become vassals of Russia or the SCO, then that's just another reason to focus on America and defend ourselves against Trump, and defend California.

California FIRST!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 01:42 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Don't get distracted by all the domestic stuff. Sure there will be things to fight. But the key item is geopolitics.

It is why the SCO supported Trump and why they support the "extreme" Right and Alt-Right world wide. Geopolitics is the only reason they supported him. And they will collect!

The fact that John Bolton is on the short list of anything let alone as SoS, shows just how much the world is in for a whole lot of pain.
(11-14-2016, 01:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I'm feeling the opposite. With virtual or actual civil war here, the focus for me is what can we do to oppose the global warming that Trump, Pence and Ryan and co will be unleashing, if anything. What will we have to do in CA to replace the federal government which has disappeared, along with its funding sent to blue states and sanctuary cities? What can be done to stop Ryan from dismantling the New Deal and Great Society and turning the USA even more completely over to the robber barons? With our own nation to worry about, with Trump and Ryan at the helm, Trump is truly converting me into "America First!"

So, if Russia wants to invade Ukraine or Estonia, we can't stop him, so why try? The Syrian people are losing their country; we can't help them. Israel will not make peace with Palestine, so why try? ISIS; what's the big deal? If Iran gets nucs, let them. If NATO dissolves, the USA will save money. I don't care so much right now. When we have lost our own country, what does it matter of others are losing theirs? We can't help them. 

Except that, if you are right that one of the ways we have lost our country, is that we have become vassals of Russia or the SCO, then that's just another reason to focus on America and defend ourselves against Trump, and defend California.

Trump is the poster child for ISIS recruitment, particularly disenfranchised American Muslims.

When they lose their caliphate (and they soon will) and go completely global guerrilla, we're in for a whole lot of blowback.

Unfortunately, that will heighten both Trump's appeal and his crazy responses.

Trump is the ideal American patsy described in Naji's "Management of Savagery" which has been al Qaeda, ISIS and every other Islamic extremists main strategic war-making book since it came out during al-Zarqawi' rein of terror.  Trump will make Bush look intelligent.
John Oliver quotes the Orange Menace: "All I know is what's on the internet"

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 03:10 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 03:07 PM)playwrite Wrote:

The fact that John Bolton is on the short list of anything let alone as SoS, shows just how much the world is in for a whole lot of pain.

Bolton is probably too "normal" to fit in with the Alt-Right cabal. I'm expecting worse.

There is no worse.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-14-2016, 08:54 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 07:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Bolton is probably too "normal" to fit in with the Alt-Right cabal. I'm expecting worse.

There is no worse.

No Eric, there are far worse. For example, Alt-Right operatives. If someone like that got in, you'd be craving someone like Bolton.

Eric and other Lefties - you really, really, really need to start understanding the actual composition of the Right and the faux "Right." Lumping it all together will only result in your ongoing deep confusion.

Absolutely correct. Stereotypes are dividing people as it is easier to stereotype than to understand.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

There is no worse.

No Eric, there are far worse. For example, Alt-Right operatives. If someone like that got in, you'd be craving someone like Bolton.

Eric and other Lefties - you really, really, really need to start understanding the actual composition of the Right and the faux "Right." Lumping it all together will only result in your ongoing deep confusion.

Bolton is a creep, and Bannon is a creep. They are all creeps of the worst sort. The enemy is within, and it's the Republicans. Organize. Fight back. Or just be depressed. All understandable. 

I'm not confused at all. I know what the problem is. Possible 2 or 3 court appointments, so that our rights are taken away. The environment trashed. More and more mass shootings. The rich get richer. All based on the Reagan memes. It's YOU that is confused if you don't get that all of these problems are based on the Reagan memes.

A country in the hands of thieves and con men, is not a country worth defending. All that matters is to resist the coup as much as we can, so that the country we knew can survive, and someday, someday, move forward again. The only relevant enemy now is within the USA. 

What Trump does abroad could be really screwy and dangerous, no doubt. But his source of power is here in the USA. The enemy is within. That is beyond any doubt at all. We the people elected a con man who will boost and protect all the wrong things.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
It strikes me that Trump created a whole laundry list of expectations among his willfully ignorant constituency.

I'm thinking that these are the sorts of folks who are dumb enough to actually expect him to come through on his many radical promises.

The difficulty lies in the reality of implementation. Ideas and concepts have always been a dime a dozen. Gary Johnson didn't invent this saying, but he said it a lot ... "The Devil Is In The Details!"

One can only wonder what the great unwashed mob will do when it dawns on them that lots may be getting wrecked through ignorance and incompetence, but the Steel Mills haven't opened up again, the Coal Mines still sit cold and dark, the factories still churn away in China, but NOT in Akron.

And ... the Illegals still haven't been rounded up. Hillary isn't in prison. Obamacare has become some other bullshit representation of healthcare financing through the insurance companies and premiums are way up, WAY UP, once again when they renew in December of 2017.

Most worrisome of course is the prospect of foolish, unnecessary wars, caused by chest-thumping cowards who don't mind sending Trump voters' kids off to die.
[fon‌t=Arial Black]"... a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition."[/font]
Yes, all of that, to which is added the climate conditions. Global warming may not be irreversible and catastrophic. I say "may."

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
The Obama Administration strengthened border detection for catching illegal aliens earlier and has rushed the deportation of criminal aliens. What he has not done is to break up families (with the caveat that if one is the illegal alien in the family who has been convicted of a crime, one does get deported, a consequence of crime and not of illegal-alien status. Tough luck id you are in MS-13, one of the worst gangs; you already betrayed your family).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(11-14-2016, 09:33 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 03:07 PM)playwrite Wrote: The fact that John Bolton is on the short list of anything let alone as SoS, shows just how much the world is in for a whole lot of pain.

There is no worse.

Absolutely correct. Stereotypes are dividing people as it is easier to stereotype than to understand.

Gag me with a spoon.

Did your grandmother write letters to Auschwitz prisoners in the 1940s telling them to just play nice and maybe the guards won't gas them?

Must be so nice to live in Oz.
There doing practice runs over in Jersey today for the Trump inauguration motorcade -