Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's in the "stars" (predicting by astrology and other means)
(07-12-2016, 02:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Mike Pence would not help Donald. His horoscope score is only 9-9, and he faces a Saturn Return in the 2016-2020 term.

What would be his best chance?
No-one that I know of who is being considered. Among Republican politicians with good scores, George Pataki is apparently too liberal for most Republicans. Carly Fiorina was already chosen by Ted Cruz, and has no experience in office. Marco is going for Senate again. Maybe Rob Portman would be an OK choice for him. Among those considered, Newt Gingrich is the only one I know of with a positive score, but it's not as positive in my new system as it was in my old system, now only 9-8. Two outspoken and off-the-cuff firebrands together though, seems too explosive a mixture. Plus he's about as old as Joe Biden.

I have a feeling that Chris Christie might be a good choice for him, but he will not help his electability according to his score, which declined on my new system to 16-22. His score is notable for showing high talent, but higher negatives.

A new choice has appeared, Michael Flynn, a lieutenant-general who has written a book on foreign policy, "The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies," with Michael Ledeen. He is a Democrat! He was leader of the Defense Intelligence Agency, but resigned over policy differences. He seems as coy as Trump on the abortion issue (wikipedia:

On a July 10, 2016 interview on This Week, when asked by host Martha Raddatz about the issue of abortion, Flynn stated, "women have to be able to choose."[25][26] On July 11, 2016, he clarified to Fox News that he is pro-life.[27]

When asked about same-sex marriage, Flynn responded, "What people do in their private lives, these are not big issues that our country’s dealing with." )

He is a foreign policy advisor to Trump. Unfortunately, no-one knows his birthday, so I can't say much about whether he would help Trump! Except that he's a Joneser 57 to 58 years old, so the Saturn Return would be affecting his term as vice-president, and possibly his chances of getting elected in the first place this year. Of course, that did not stop the elder Bush from winning the position in 1980. He seemed pretty sharp and sensible in the interview on the PBS Newshour tonight; quite a contrast to Trump, and a challenge to Republican partisans. If he were advising Trump, he would probably mellow out Trump's attacks on potential Muslim allies abroad, from what I heard him say.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016...-president
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No-one that I know of who is being considered. Among Republican politicians with good scores, George Pataki is apparently too liberal for most Republicans. Carly Fiorina was already chosen by Ted Cruz, and has no experience in office. Marco is going for Senate again. Maybe Rob Portman would be an OK choice for him. Among those considered, Newt Gingrich is the only one I know of with a positive score, but it's not as positive in my new system as it was in my old system, now only 9-8. Two outspoken and off-the-cuff firebrands together though, seems too explosive a mixture. Plus he's about as old as Joe Biden.

I have a feeling that Chris Christie might be a good choice for him, but he will not help his electability according to his score, which declined on my new system to 16-22. His score is notable for showing high talent, but higher negatives.

A new choice has appeared, Michael Flynn, a lieutenant-general who has written a book on foreign policy, "The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies," with Michael Ledeen. He is a Democrat! He was leader of the Defense Intelligence Agency, but resigned over policy differences. He seems as coy as Trump on the abortion issue (wikipedia:

On a July 10, 2016 interview on This Week, when asked by host Martha Raddatz about the issue of abortion, Flynn stated, "women have to be able to choose."[25][26] On July 11, 2016, he clarified to Fox News that he is pro-life.[27]

When asked about same-sex marriage, Flynn responded, "What people do in their private lives, these are not big issues that our country’s dealing with." )

He is a foreign policy advisor to Trump. Unfortunately, no-one knows his birthday, so I can't say much about whether he would help Trump! Except that he's a Joneser 57 to 58 years old, so the Saturn Return would be affecting his term as vice-president, and possibly his chances of getting elected in the first place this year. Of course, that did not stop the elder Bush from winning the position in 1980. He seemed pretty sharp and sensible in the interview on the PBS Newshour tonight; quite a contrast to Trump, and a challenge to Republican partisans. If he were advising Trump, he would probably mellow out Trump's attacks on potential Muslim allies abroad, from what I heard him say.

I am afraid Mike Pence will most likely be Trump's running mate. 8+9=17 and 4+9=13. The combined score is weaker than Hillary's.
(07-14-2016, 11:59 AM)naf140230 Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 12:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No-one that I know of who is being considered. Among Republican politicians with good scores, George Pataki is apparently too liberal for most Republicans. Carly Fiorina was already chosen by Ted Cruz, and has no experience in office. Marco is going for Senate again. Maybe Rob Portman would be an OK choice for him. Among those considered, Newt Gingrich is the only one I know of with a positive score, but it's not as positive in my new system as it was in my old system, now only 9-8. Two outspoken and off-the-cuff firebrands together though, seems too explosive a mixture. Plus he's about as old as Joe Biden.

I am afraid Mike Pence will most likely be Trump's running mate. 8+9=17 and 4+9=13. The combined score is weaker than Hillary's.

I thought about combining scores of the presidential and veep candidates. Of course, the veep matters a lot less, and I don't know all the scores to see the effect historically. Hillary's veep choices do not seem strong presidential possibilities, according to their score, but at least they are positive, whereas Pence's score is only even.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-14-2016, 12:14 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 11:59 AM)naf140230 Wrote:

I thought about combining scores of the presidential and veep candidates. Of course, the veep matters a lot less, and I don't know all the scores to see the effect historically. Hillary's veep choices do not seem strong presidential possibilities, according to their score, but at least they are positive, whereas Pence's score is only even.

Trump has chosen Mike Pence. Reporters are saying he is the best choice. What do you think?
I don't especially like Tom Vilsack; he is too favorable toward big industrial agriculture and permissive on GMOs.

But, he has a good chart for getting elected. His score, subject to change if I find out his birth time, is as good as Bernie Sanders: 14-5. I'd have to say, then, that he might be a good choice for Hillary, just going by the numbers!

Among his helpful aspects are Mars trine Saturn, and Jupiter trine Uranus. Also he has the somewhat-anomalous "helpful aspect" of Moon opposite Pluto, which has the top score among all aspects in my statistical research. Since it is strong it's worth 3 points. It could be weaker though if he was born early AM or late PM. A Moon-Pluto opposition or square apparently gives a candidate hypnotic power, and a feeling for the people's needs. It is also a strongly agricultural aspect, as we might expect.

Kaine's score is 13-9, about the same as Hillary, and ditto for Elizabeth Warren 9-6. Tim Kaine also has an upcoming Saturn Return in the 2017-2020 term, so that could be a hang-up. It's not a disqualifier though, as it usually is for a presidential candidate.

From the final choices Trump had, Pence was probably the best choice for him, since it helps him with his party and indicates some judgement for qualifications. His horoscope score is better than Christie and about even with Gingrich. Christie is not a successful governor, but Pence might be doing a bit better. And he's scandal free.

As I thought, though, since Trump went to the right, Hillary apparently feels free to do the same. So Elizabeth appears out of the running right now.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Donald Trump Jr. doesn't make the grade to carry on the would-be Trump dynasty, at least not if he has to win a presidential election. But how about ERIC? With a name like ERIC, surely he might be able to do what Junior cannot.

Well, not so fast. He has a good enough chart for what he does, but for getting elected president, he's even less likely than Junior. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to become dictator in order to have your dynasty. Eric F. Trump: score, 2-8.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Oooh, I found Donald's successor who will inherit the Trump mantle, if there is one. She's speaking tonight!

[Image: 220px-Ivanka_Trump_2009_%28b%29.jpg]

Ivanka! Amazing contrast with the Trump guys; she gets 14-1 on my system. That's not only better than her father, it's better than Jill Stein; Bernie Sanders, Vilsack, Pataki, McAuliffe, Carly; Sherrod Brown; Hillary, Elizabeth, Marco; anybody out there today. So..... watch out for her! She could run next year!

She's smart too; she graduated cum laude; must have actually read some books. Stay tuned tonight for her nationwide debut.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanka_Trump

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-21-2016, 08:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Oooh, I found Donald's successor who will inherit the Trump mantle, if there is one. She's speaking tonight!

Ivanka! Amazing contrast with the Trump guys; she gets 14-1 on my system. That's not only better than her father, it's better than Jill Stein; Bernie Sanders, Vilsack, Pataki, McAuliffe, Carly; Sherrod Brown; Hillary, Elizabeth, Marco; anybody out there today. So..... watch out for her! She could run next year!

She's smart too; she graduated cum laude; must have actually read some books. Stay tuned tonight for her nationwide debut.

Except that there is no election next year. The next one is in 2020. Also, she is not yet 35. And I do not think she has political aspirations.
(07-22-2016, 02:38 AM)naf140230 Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 08:51 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Oooh, I found Donald's successor who will inherit the Trump mantle, if there is one. She's speaking tonight!

Except that there is no election next year. The next one is in 2020. Also, she is not yet 35. And I do not think she has political aspirations.

Right, I said next year! She is already 35 this year as of Oct.30. I meant next time, but who knows; maybe Trump will call a special election so he can get her daughter in! Again, no aspirations mean nothing now. If Trump wins, he WILL establish a hereditary dynasty, just like he has in his business empire. So it appears, Ivanka is the one who can win, if an election is part of this process. She is already known as his most-favored heir and assistant.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Beware running for president if you have a Saturn Return coming during the election or in the next four years from election day, and before your opponent does.

Classic incumbents who were booted out, as indicated by the Saturn Return:
Martin Van Buren, 1840
Benjamin Harrison, 1892
William Howard Taft, 1912
Herbert Hoover, 1932
Jimmy Carter, 1980

Classic losers who had the Saturn Return coming:
Andrew Jackson, 1824
Henry Clay, 1832
Millard Fillmore, 1856
Horatio Seymour, 1868
Winfield Scott Hancock, 1880
Charles Evans Hughes, 1916
Al Smith, 1928
Adlai Stevenson, 1956
Barry Goldwater, 1964
Hubert Humphrey, 1968
Walter Mondale, 1984
Michael Dukakis, 1988

Incumbents who were booted out, but didn't have a Saturn Return coming (but....):

John Adams, 1800 (no popular vote taken; plus his score was lower than Jefferson's, whom he had beat last time)

John Quincy Adams, 1828 (but he had beat Jackson in 1824, who had a Saturn Return before Adams' Saturn Return just before 1828; Jackson also had a higher horoscope score)

Grover Cleveland, 1888 (but Cleveland won the popular vote, and beat him in a rematch in 1892; plus Harrison had a higher horoscope score)

George H W Bush, 1992 (but Bill Clinton had a higher horoscope score, and Bush also faced Ross Perot)

In 46 out of 57 elections, the winner had a higher score than the loser. In the 11 cases where the loser had the higher score, 7 of them also had a Saturn Return (Jackson, Van Buren, Fillmore, Hancock, B. Harrison, Goldwater, Carter)

4 candidates had a higher score, and NO Saturn Return, and still lost:

Adams 9-5 beat Jefferson 7-0, 1796 (but Jefferson won the rematch, and was re-elected)
TR 13-13 beat Parker 17-8, 1904
Taft 12-9 beat Bryan 8-3, 1908
JFK 13-6 beat Nixon 17-6, 1960

In the latter 3 cases, the new moon before election favored the winner. (in 1800 and through 1848, the new moon was not a factor because the election was held over a 5 or 6 week period)

Plus, TR and Taft had Jupiter rising.

Jupiter rising in the chart of a candidate almost always signifies a winner. Again, you have to look at balancing factors though.

Winning candidates with Jupiter rising (J):
Polk 21-2 J beat Clay 6-13, 1844
Lincoln 15-2 J beat Douglas 13-18, Breckinridge 2-23 J and Bell 4-15, 1860
Lincoln 15-2 J beat McClellan 13-13, 1864
Grant 16-4 J beat Seymour 6-12, 1868
Grant 16-4 J beat Greeley, 4-13, 1872
TR 13-13 J beat Parker 17-8, 1904
Taft 12-9 J beat Bryan 8-3, 1908
Johnson 10-7 J beat Goldwater 19-9, 1964
Bill Clinton 19-2 J beat George HW Bush 15-4, 1992
Bill Clinton 19-2 J beat Bob Dole, 13-21, 1996

Who lost with Jupiter rising?

Major party candidates:
Taft, 1912, who also ran against both TR (Jupiter also rising) and Wilson
Mondale 10-13, 1984, who ran against a much-higher scoring candidate, Reagan 19-5

3rd party candidates:
Breckinridge, 1860, whose raw score was the lowest of any candidate in history, 2-23
George Wallace, 1968, who had a dismal 2-6 score.
TR, who ran against both Taft and Wilson.

In this election, Hillary Rodham Clinton has Jupiter rising, and a 12-9 score (just like Taft). Trump has a score of 8-4 (much like Bryan). The new moon favors Hillary (just like 1908). It's a close decision. On balance, Hillary is favored.

No candidates who ran in 2016 have a Saturn Return coming, except Rick Santorum. However, some who didn't run, do. Roughly, all those born between 1957 and 1960:

Mike Pence, score 9-9
Tim Kaine, 13-9
Terry McAuliffe, 11-3
Mark Cuban, 8-10
Andrew Cuomo, 12-6
Janet Napolitano, 12-5
Rahm Emmanuel, 12-12
Bob Casey, 4-10
Jack Markell, 11-7
Amy Klobuchar, 6-9

http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Like many born in the Fall in the early 1980s-era, Ivanka Trump's planets are concentrated within a relatively small area of the zodiac and the chart. That may mean some inability to see beyond what you are used to; to be stuck in ruts or live in a bubble. It can also concentrate your energies well. Ivanka has an outstanding conjunction of planets in Libra from Saturn and Mercury to Jupiter and Pluto. Conjunctions of Mercury to Jupiter and Pluto give her points. They are also sextile (60 degrees of arc apart) to Venus and Neptune, aligned in Sagittarius. Venus sextiles to Jupiter, Pluto and Mercury give her points. Her father's famous Sun-Mars sextile also appears in the daughter's chart, so enterprising energy and audacity are there. She doesn't have that obvious, showy Mars in Leo rising that The Donald has. The Sun in minor aspect to Venus and Neptune also give her points.

She has few negative indicators, according to the stats. Even her Mars-Uranus square, a borderline-scoring aspect to begin with that I'm no longer sure about, is her only negative point, although a moody and possibly tempermental Moon-Mars square is also borderline, but I am not scoring it as negative now. Since I don't know her birthtime, I don't know if she has Jupiter rising (if she did, she would also have Pluto and probably Mercury and Pluto rising and maybe the Sun too).

If she does gain prominence because of her father, she's a lady to watch as a potential candidate; that's for sure. I imagine she would have to develop more depth and passion however, in her presentation. By all accounts she came across pretty well in her speech, and her ideas are to the left of her father's.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-22-2016, 04:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Beware running for president if you have a Saturn Return coming during the election or in the next four years from election day, and before your opponent does.

Classic incumbents who were booted out, as indicated by the Saturn Return:
Martin Van Buren, 1840
Benjamin Harrison, 1892
William Howard Taft, 1912
Herbert Hoover, 1932
Jimmy Carter, 1980

Classic losers who had the Saturn Return coming:
Andrew Jackson, 1824
Henry Clay, 1832
Millard Fillmore, 1856
Horatio Seymour, 1868
Winfield Scott Hancock, 1880
Charles Evans Hughes, 1916
Al Smith, 1928
Adlai Stevenson, 1956
Barry Goldwater, 1964
Hubert Humphrey, 1968
Walter Mondale, 1984
Michael Dukakis, 1988

Incumbents who were booted out, but didn't have a Saturn Return coming (but....):

John Adams, 1800 (no popular vote taken; plus his score was lower than Jefferson's, whom he had beat last time)

John Quincy Adams, 1828 (but he had beat Jackson in 1824, who had a Saturn Return before Adams' Saturn Return just before 1828; Jackson also had a higher horoscope score)

Grover Cleveland, 1888 (but Cleveland won the popular vote, and beat him in a rematch in 1892; plus Harrison had a higher horoscope score)

George H W Bush, 1992 (but Bill Clinton had a higher horoscope score, and Bush also faced Ross Perot)

In 46 out of 57 elections, the winner had a higher score than the loser. In the 11 cases where the loser had the higher score, 7 of them also had a Saturn Return (Jackson, Van Buren, Fillmore, Hancock, B. Harrison, Goldwater, Carter)

4 candidates had a lower score, and no Saturn Return, and still won:

Adams 9-5 beat Jefferson 7-0, 1796 (but Jefferson won the rematch, and was re-elected)
TR 13-13 beat Parker 17-8, 1904
Taft 12-9 beat Bryan 8-3, 1908
JFK 13-6 beat Nixon 17-6, 1960

In the latter 3 cases, the new moon before election favored the winner. (in 1800 and through 1848, the new moon was not a factor because the election was held over a 5 or 6 week period)

Plus, TR and Taft had Jupiter rising.

Jupiter rising in the chart of a candidate almost always signifies a winner. Again, you have to look at balancing factors though.

Winning candidates with Jupiter rising (J):
Polk 21-2 J beat Clay 6-13, 1844
Lincoln 15-2 J beat Douglas 13-18, Breckinridge 2-23 J and Bell 4-15, 1860
Lincoln 15-2 J beat McClellan 13-13, 1864
Grant 16-4 J beat Seymour 6-12, 1868
Grant 16-4 L beat Greeley, 4-13, 1872
TR 13-13 J beat Parker 17-8, 1904
Taft 12-9 J beat Bryan 8-3, 1908
Johnson 10-7 J beat Goldwater 19-9, 1964
Bill Clinton 19-2 J beat George HW Bush 15-4, 1992
Bill Clinton 19-2 J beat Bob Dole, 13-21, 1996

Who lost with Jupiter rising?

Major party candidates:
Taft, 1912, who also ran against both TR (Jupiter also rising) and Wilson
Mondale 10-13, 1984, who ran against a much-higher scoring candidate, Reagan 19-5

3rd party candidates:
Breckinridge, 1860, whose raw score was the lowest of any candidate in history, 2-23
George Wallace, 1968, who had a dismal 2-6 score.
TR, who ran against both Taft and Wilson.

In this election, Hillary Rodham Clinton has Jupiter rising, and a 12-9 score (just like Taft). Trump has a score of 8-4 (much like Bryan). The new moon favors Hillary (just like 1908). It's a close decision. On balance, Hillary is favored.

No candidates who ran in 2016 have a Saturn Return coming, except Rick Santorum. However, some who didn't run, do. Roughly, all those born between 1957 and 1960:

Mike Pence, score 9-9
Tim Kaine, 13-9
Terry McAuliffe, 11-3
Mark Cuban, 8-10
Andrew Cuomo, 12-6
Janet Napolitano, 12-5
Rahm Emmanuel, 12-12
Bob Casey, 4-10
Jack Markell, 11-7
Amy Klobuchar, 6-9

At least Tim Kaine will be vice president and is not running for president.
If the October surprise happens and Pence becomes the nominee, the Republicans will blow any chance they have of winning, according to my horoscope system. Trump's more dynamic personality than Hillary Clinton's is the only advantage they have.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I have suggested that the 2016 election is a lot like 1908 as far as who scores what and what the indicators are. Taft has the same 12-9 score as Hillary, and both have Jupiter rising, giving them an advantage over a candidate with a better score by percentage, but with a positive score of only 8 (Trump 8-4, Bryan 8-3). The new moon before election favored the party in power in 1908, as it does today. Bryan and Trump are also both called "populists" (though Trump mostly erroneously so), with both appealing to a less-educated, more-religious group of voters mostly in the South and the plains states. The parties have switched, but Bryan had already taken over the Democrats for the new populism, and Trump may do so to the Republicans for his false populism, the "alt.right." Taft is a lot like Hillary in that she wants to continue her predecessor's progressive policies but lacks his charismatic, persuasive skills. Still, you can't necessarily say that 1908 established a pattern that continued into 1912 and beyond, which might parallel today's possible patterns. Perhaps, in some ways, it's possible. But I don't see a liberal Republican in the Wilson mold available, although whoever is elected may face a war in the world that we later join in the second term of whoever is elected in 2020, if (s)he has one.

Another parallel with 2016 might be 1964. The horoscope scores of the two major party candidates are not virtually identical, as in 1908, but similar. Johnson had a lower score percentage-wise than Goldwater, but Johnson had Jupiter rising, as Hillary does, and Goldwater had Mars rising, as Trump does. And the new moon before election favored the party in power. Goldwater represented an insurgent wing of the Republican Party, as Trump does today, which might suggest that this insurgent wing may take over the party in the future just as the previous insurgent wing did--despite losing the initial election to a fairly weak candidate in a landslide, as happened to Goldwater, and as might happen to Trump. I would dissent, though, if this pattern is used to predict that the alt right will go on to win the presidency in future elections, as the 1964 Republicans did.

btw both Trump and Goldwater have/had Saturn transiting their 4th house/Nadir during the election, a bad sign, while Hillary and LBJ have/had Saturn near their horizon, a good sign.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-29-2016, 02:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I have suggested that the 2016 election is a lot like 1908 as far as who scores what and what the indicators are. Taft has the same 12-9 score as Hillary, and both have Jupiter rising, giving them an advantage over a candidate with a better score by percentage, but with a positive score of only 8 (Trump 8-4, Bryan 8-3). The new moon before election favored the party in power in 1908, as it does today. Bryan and Trump are also both called "populists" (though Trump mostly erroneously so), with both appealing to a less-educated, more-religious group of voters mostly in the South and the plains states. The parties have switched, but Bryan had already taken over the Democrats for the new populism, and Trump may do so to the Republicans for his false populism, the "alt.right." Taft is a lot like Hillary in that she wants to continue her predecessor's progressive policies but lacks his charismatic, persuasive skills. Still, you can't necessarily say that 1908 established a pattern that continued into 1912 and beyond, which might parallel today's possible patterns. Perhaps, in some ways, it's possible. But I don't see a liberal Republican in the Wilson mold available, although whoever is elected may face a war in the world that we later join in the second term of whoever is elected in 2020, if (s)he has one.

Another parallel with 2016 might be 1964. The horoscope scores of the two major party candidates are not virtually identical, as in 1908, but similar. Johnson had a lower score percentage-wise than Goldwater, but Johnson had Jupiter rising, as Hillary does, and Goldwater had Mars rising, as Trump does. And the new moon before election favored the party in power. Goldwater represented an insurgent wing of the Republican Party, as Trump does today, which might suggest that this insurgent wing may take over the party in the future just as the previous insurgent wing did--despite losing the initial election to a fairly weak candidate in a landslide, as happened to Goldwater, and as might happen to Trump. I would dissent, though, if this pattern is used to predict that the alt right will go on to win the presidency in future elections, as the 1964 Republicans did.

btw both Trump and Goldwater have/had Saturn transiting their 4th house/Nadir during the election, a bad sign, while Hillary and LBJ have/had Saturn near their horizon, a good sign.

Is it just me, or does the positive score matter more than the negative score?
As far as I can tell, the overall pct. which is like a win-loss percentage in major league baseball standings, matters the most, but a higher positive score might also count for something.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
In addition to there going to be a Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in 2020, there will also be a perihelion/opposition of Mars and the Sun (causing Mars to flare up dramatically in brightness from out vantage point) in that year.

The last time those two events occurred in the same year?

1860 - when there of course was a "realigning election," which also directly caused a civil war.

The last four Martian perihelion/oppositions have also presaged some sort of violent conflict between Muslims and the adherents of some other religion(s): Vs. both Christians and Jews in 1956 - Billy Joel's "trouble in the Suez;" vs. Hindus in 1971 - the Indian-Pakistani war over Bangladesh (and the iconic humanitarian crisis it caused, resulting in the George Harrison-led We Are The World-like Concert For Bangladesh); vs. Jews in 1988 - the start of the Palestinian "Intifada" against Israel; and vs. Christians in 2003 - the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

So either a civil war or a religious war, or both, is possible in 2020, astrologically speaking.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(09-01-2016, 09:29 AM)Anthony Wrote: In addition to there going to be a Jupiter-Saturn conjunction in 2020, there will also be a perihelion/opposition of Mars and the Sun (causing Mars to flare up dramatically in brightness from out vantage point) in that year.

The last time those two events occurred in the same year?

1860 - when there of course was a "realigning election," which also directly caused a civil war.

The last four Martian perihelion/oppositions have also presaged some sort of violent conflict between Muslims and the adherents of some other religion(s): Vs. both Christians and Jews in 1956 - Billy Joel's "trouble in the Suez;" vs. Hindus in 1971 - the Indian-Pakistani war over Bangladesh (and the iconic humanitarian crisis it caused, resulting in the George Harrison-led We Are The World-like Concert For Bangladesh); vs. Jews in 1988 - the start of the Palestinian "Intifada" against Israel; and vs. Christians in 2003 - the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

So either a civil war or a religious war, or both, is possible in 2020, astrologically speaking.

That would be December-January 2020-2021.

Yes, I call it the Mars station. As Mars and the Earth get closer together, Mars seems to stop and then go backwards (retrograde) and then stop and go forward (stationary-direct). In the days following these stations, between a week and a month and a half, is when violent events and the start of wars tend to happen. The Sun-Mars opposition (when the Earth is between the Sun and Mars) happens half-way between the stations, which are about 2 to 3 months apart.

It happens every 2 years. It's not necessarily a religious conflict, unless Jupiter, Neptune or the signs Sagittarius and/or Pisces are involved. Wars tend to happen most often at these stations when Mars is also square or opposite Saturn and possibly Pluto; sometimes in trine too.

In January 2014, and then in April, were the previous 2 stations. January 2014 saw the uprising in Ukraine, and in April, the invasion by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. In that latter case, we had a grand cross of Mars, Jupiter, Pluto and Uranus. We have had a Mars station recently too, at the end of June.

In November 2020, Mars station-direct will happen, in Mars-sign Aries, and in mid-December it will be in square (active or aggressive aspect, 90 degrees apart) with Jupiter and Saturn as they form their conjunction at the winter solstice at 0 Aquarius, and Pluto in late Capricorn. With Jupiter involved, it seems likely religion will be involved. Look for any such war in December 2020. Earlier in September it turns retrograde, square Saturn. War may be possible then, but with Jupiter less involved then, it would be less likely to be a religious war. Usually though, the direct stations coincide more closely to the start of wars than retrograde stations.

Another famous case was late August 1939, when Mars turned stationary-direct in square to Saturn and opposite Pluto. The Russian-German non-aggression pact was announced that day. A week later Hitler invaded Poland. In August 2001, Mars had just turned stationary-direct in late July when it conjoined Pluto in Sagittarius (also a sign of flight as well as religion) and opposed Saturn in Gemini, just before Sagittarius' arrows flew into the Twin (Gemini) Towers (Saturn= structures) on Sept.11, 2001. An event I predicted.

When Mars returned to its position on Sept 11, 2001, and opposed Saturn and joined Pluto again, what I predicted to be "an upsurge in the 2001 war" happened-- the USA invasion of Iraq in early March 2003. The Sun was not opposing Mars then. The first Gulf War, as I predicted, happened soon after Mars turned stationary-direct on January 1, 1991, in close trine (120 degree angle) to Saturn. Because it was a harmonious trine, the war was "a cakewalk." (though it was a more arduous "walk" for the Kurds, and not so easy for the Shia in southern Iraq)

Any US civil war or US participation in this 2020 war or any war will happen when the USA Jupiter and Uranus Return cycles come around, which won't be until 2025-2026 now. The last Jupiter Return was in 2013-14, preceded by 2001, 1989-1990, 1977, 1965, 1953, 1941, 1929, 1917, 1906.... The Uranus Return Cycle = the modern saeculum, and the Return of the Crisis Climax: 2027, preceded by 1944, 1861, 1776, 1692, 1607.

In addition, in 2025-26 Neptune Returns to its position at 0 Aries when the civil war broke out (on the very same day it entered aggressive Aries) in April 1861.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAoeW5fXJYU

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2016, 01:34 AM)taramarie Wrote: Nasa changed our zodiac signs. What does our resident astrologist say to this?

New Zodiac sign

Its not that hard to figure out.  They will just make some new shit up just like when new planets were discovered.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are the stars Eric the Green 38 58,008 03-15-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Astrology and science Eric the Green 6 3,117 01-03-2022, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and Astrology carecare7 26 21,494 06-18-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Vedic Astrology - Eight directions and their ruler tamijothidam 3 7,281 05-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62
  Astrology and Music naf140230 2 4,253 12-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green