Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
the best songs ever
Yes, I think music is a big deal. I don't think your range of appreciation is very wide, as you claim, but then I also do have some areas I usually do not like. Generally, the genres that Gen X like, I do not. With exceptions of course. But I am willing to listen, and if I like it, it does not matter what generation or genre it's from, or who has what "taste" or who's "thing" it is. If it's good, I like it. And if I like it, I think it's good.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 03:56 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 02:36 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yes, I think music is a big deal. I don't think your range of appreciation is very wide, as you claim, but then I also do have some areas I usually do not like. Generally, the genres that Gen X like, I do not. With exceptions of course. But I am willing to listen, and if I like it, it does not matter what generation or genre it's from, or who has what "taste" or who's "thing" it is. If it's good, I like it. And if I like it, I think it's good.

You are so very wrong and do not know me well enough to claim that as proof. I like r&b, metal, opera, pop, all types of rock music, a bit of disco, some new age, some electronic, and more. Shall I continue? I even put up some classical music on my own thread....songe d' automne. Beautifully haunting. So Eric, you are extremely wrong.

I won't argue that point. But I claim that I know music. It's one of my fields, just as art is one of yours. I always have more to learn, but I do know more than you do about it. You are not too open to what I share, but you would benefit if you were. But that does not make me "always right" or infallible or anything like that, nor does it mean I can't learn from you and others and discover new music that others share. We disagree that music is only a matter of personal opinion, or that whether a song is a "best ever" or whatever is only subjective. It is both personal and objective too. So if you disagree with that, I may not convince you by writing or arguing, but you don't need to insult or berate me if you disagree. We can be civil as much as we can, if we choose to be. And everyone can share what they think is the best. So, enjoy the music. More later. I'm going to work the election today and tomorrow.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
Quote:I won't argue that point. But I claim that I know music. It's one of my fields, just as art is one of yours. I always have more to learn, but I do know more than you do about it. You are not too open to what I share, but you would benefit if you were. 

Uh, no. It took only one session of a youtube video that's in your .sig to figure out that Bieber sux.

Quote:But that does not make me "always right" or infallible or anything like that, nor does it mean I can't learn from you and others and discover new music that others share. We disagree that music is only a matter of personal opinion, or that whether a song is a "best ever" or whatever is only subjective. It is both personal and objective too.

It matters not if one is "right" or "wrong", as long as one has the groove. Cool

Quote:So if you disagree with that, I may not convince you by writing or arguing, but you don't need to insult or berate me if you disagree. We can be civil as much as we can, if we choose to be. And everyone can share what they think is the best.

Done. See above video. Big Grin

Quote:So, enjoy the music. More later. I'm going to work the election today and tomorrow.

ls /home/Videos
1000mods-Super_Van_Vacation_Album.webm
1000mods_Vidage.mp4
AC-DC-Axl-Rose_Hells-Bells.mp4
AC-DC_Damned.webm
AC-DC_D-T.webm
AC-DC_Evil-Walks.webm
AC-DC_Guns-For-Hire.webm
AC-DC_Rocking-All-The-Way.webm
Acid-King_Busse-Wood.webm
Acid-King_If-I-Burn.mp4
Acid-King_Lead-Paint.webm
Acid-King_Middle-Of-Nowhere_Center-Of-Everywhere.webm
Airbourne_Live-It-Up.mp4
Airbourne_Overdrive.mp4
DOGS-OF-WAR_AC-DC.webm
Humble-Pie_Four-Day-Creep.webm
Humble-Pie_Honky-Tonk_Women.webm
Humble-Pie_I-Dont-Need-No-Doctor.mp4
Humble-Pie_One-Eyed-Trouser-Snake-Rumba.webm
Humble-Pie_Red-Light-Mamma.webm
Jimi-Hendrix_Hear-My-Train-A-Coming.mp4
Leaf-Hound-1971_Growers-of-The-Mushroom.webm
Saxon_Ive-Got-To-Rock.webm
Smoking-Spore_Taxodium.mp4
Smoking-Spore_Toad-Patrol.mp4
Stream-Of-Sorrow_The-Trip.webm
Stream-Of-Sorry_Birds-Singn.webm
Stream-Of-Sorry_Nothings-Impossible.webm
ZZ-Top_I-Need-You-Tonight.mp4
---Value Added Cool
A song I'm sure Eric likes:

(06-04-2016, 06:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Yes to Disturbed, that's for sure. Cool

Another great Disturbed song:

(06-05-2016, 05:09 AM)taramarie Wrote:

Ooh, I love Enya! Big Grin
I was named after this guy! Big Grin 

(06-06-2016, 02:01 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 03:56 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 02:36 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yes, I think music is a big deal. I don't think your range of appreciation is very wide, as you claim, but then I also do have some areas I usually do not like. Generally, the genres that Gen X like, I do not. With exceptions of course. But I am willing to listen, and if I like it, it does not matter what generation or genre it's from, or who has what "taste" or who's "thing" it is. If it's good, I like it. And if I like it, I think it's good.

You are so very wrong and do not know me well enough to claim that as proof. I like r&b, metal, opera, pop, all types of rock music, a bit of disco, some new age, some electronic, and more. Shall I continue? I even put up some classical music on my own thread....songe d' automne. Beautifully haunting. So Eric, you are extremely wrong.

I won't argue that point. But I claim that I know music. It's one of my fields, just as art is one of yours. I always have more to learn, but I do know more than you do about it. You are not too open to what I share, but you would benefit if you were. But that does not make me "always right" or infallible or anything like that, nor does it mean I can't learn from you and others and discover new music that others share. We disagree that music is only a matter of personal opinion, or that whether a song is a "best ever" or whatever is only subjective. It is both personal and objective too. So if you disagree with that, I may not convince you by writing or arguing, but you don't need to insult or berate me if you disagree. We can be civil as much as we can, if we choose to be. And everyone can share what they think is the best. So, enjoy the music. More later. I'm going to work the election today and tomorrow.

I am not too keen about what you share because of your high and mighty attitude about it. Yes, I know art. But even with my topic of expertise i say the opinion of it is in the hands of its viewers.

I'm not too high and mighty, as I explained. don't worry about me. Just enjoy the music and be open to it, regardless of me. You are the one who benefits, if you are open.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I think you guys are posting all this Disturbed stuff just to disturb me.

Well, it ain't gonna work Smile

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-06-2016, 10:20 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 02:01 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 03:56 AM)taramarie Wrote: You are so very wrong and do not know me well enough to claim that as proof. I like r&b, metal, opera, pop, all types of rock music, a bit of disco, some new age, some electronic, and more. Shall I continue? I even put up some classical music on my own thread....songe d' automne. Beautifully haunting. So Eric, you are extremely wrong.

I am not too keen about what you share because of your high and mighty attitude about it. Yes, I know art. But even with my topic of expertise i say the opinion of it is in the hands of its viewers.

I'm not too high and mighty, as I explained. don't worry about me. Just enjoy the music and be open to it, regardless of me. You are the one who benefits, if you are open.

I have two days off work so will check it out and you will hear if i like it or not. I will be posting music i like too.

As you have been. It's your thread too; go for it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-05-2016, 01:54 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: This one from 2001 is an immersion in pure evocative feeling. Indescribable beauty.

My #3 all-time pick in the new age ambient genre.

And, being released on 1/1/01, probably the first piece of the New Millennium. And, I should say, still the best! Remarkable.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-07-2016, 12:03 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I think you guys are posting all this Disturbed stuff just to disturb me.

They may be posting it because you did say it is "our thread too." We are sharing what we love. Rags, Odin and myself all think Disturbed is fantastic. You don't have to listen if it is too icky for you.

Disturbing to even contemplate. I don't believe it. Not that I believe much of what you say about music :Smileell ggooddnite.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-07-2016, 12:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 11:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 01:54 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: This one from 2001 is an immersion in pure evocative feeling. Indescribable beauty.

And, being released on 1/1/01, probably the first piece of the New Millennium. And, I should say, still the best! Remarkable.

Kind of bored with it. It would be for calming purposes only for me and would help for falling asleep same as rain on a rooftop sounds do for me.

I kinda dig it.  

The Owl City song is pretty bad, though.
(06-07-2016, 01:35 AM)taramarie Wrote:

This has an 80s sound to it.
Eric The Green Wrote:I think you guys are posting all this Disturbed stuff just to disturb me.

I believe we were posting it for our own sharing of a common like. We = [Odin,Taramarie,Rags].  We know you don't like it, but that's not the reason for posting it. I mean,  if you didn't like it very much you could put us all on ignore.

Quote:Well, it ain't gonna work Smile

That's obvious. See above on the ignore feature.

Have some lead paint. Big Grin 

---Value Added Cool
(06-07-2016, 02:06 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:33 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
Eric The Green Wrote:I think you guys are posting all this Disturbed stuff just to disturb me.

I believe we were posting it for our own sharing of a common like. We = [Odin,Taramarie,Rags].  We know you don't like it, but that's not the reason for posting it. I mean,  if you didn't like it very much you could put us all on ignore.

Quote:Well, it ain't gonna work Smile

That's obvious. See above on the ignore feature.

Have some lead paint. Big Grin 

Funny isn't it? He says we can post whichever songs we like, and when we do he thinks it is all about him.

At least Rags can disagree with humor. With you Tara it is all about condemnation, and oh so serious. Must be Scorpio Sun conjunct Pluto. Stinging Scorpio.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-07-2016, 12:18 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:14 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:03 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I think you guys are posting all this Disturbed stuff just to disturb me.

They may be posting it because you did say it is "our thread too." We are sharing what we love. Rags, Odin and myself all think Disturbed is fantastic. You don't have to listen if it is too icky for you.

Disturbing to even contemplate. I don't believe it. Not that I believe much of what you say about music :Smileell ggooddnite.

Really? Well then why should I even give your music a chance like I am doing right now with that attitude of yours? Problem is you cannot see other people, nor believe they are different from you. Remember the N word and the A word I used in reference to you? Keep that behaviour up it will confirm it if you cannot see differences or beyond your own ear and thoughts.

Go on and post the songs you like. I am interested in some of them. I am not the least interested in your comments about me.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-07-2016, 01:51 AM)gabrielle Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 11:46 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 01:54 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: This one from 2001 is an immersion in pure evocative feeling. Indescribable beauty.

Kind of bored with it. It would be for calming purposes only for me and would help for falling asleep same as rain on a rooftop sounds do for me.

I kinda dig it.  

The Owl City song is pretty bad, though.

kinda dig the vibrant water; cool. It runs very deep.

I like catchy melodies. Maybe that's old fashioned, but "Good Time" is certainly that, and "Best Song Ever" and "Happy" and the Bieber songs are catchy and melodic, with good arrangements and vocals. But I admit it doesn't compare to the "best ever" of classical and classic rock, or even a few songbook items I will mention later. Or the new age like Vibrant Water. It's just pop; nothing deep or compelling. It's just a "good time" that I am happy to partake in, and sorry you guys miss out. Lots of millies dig those tunes.

I am just "happy" that I can pick out a favorite for the year for 5 straight years. For the 35 years before that, I could not have picked out such favorites. So it's neat that I can pick them out and post them somewhere; there was no means of doing that either years ago. Of course I COULD (and did) make out a list in the old days of classic rock in the core 2T, and it was more like two favorites a month that were at least of the caliber of these "happy" 4T pop tunes that I picked out. So I would not mean to exaggerate my veneration of the 4T/millie era pop tunes I have picked out.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
My picks for the "best songs" in the 3T era are all new age instrumental pieces.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 01:07 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 01:01 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:18 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:14 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:03 AM)taramarie Wrote: They may be posting it because you did say it is "our thread too." We are sharing what we love. Rags, Odin and myself all think Disturbed is fantastic. You don't have to listen if it is too icky for you.

Really? Well then why should I even give your music a chance like I am doing right now with that attitude of yours? Problem is you cannot see other people, nor believe they are different from you. Remember the N word and the A word I used in reference to you? Keep that behaviour up it will confirm it if you cannot see differences or beyond your own ear and thoughts.

Go on and post the songs you like. I am interested in some of them. I am not the least interested in your comments about me.

Then you really are not about personal growth. Thought that was a 60's thing....

If I do post more music we better not hear a peep about you thinking it is all about you. It isn't. Those posts were for those who 'get' Disturbed's music.

And you can stop telling me what to post, and thinking you have some advice for me about personal growth. That's just laughable. You knock what I post, and I can also knock what you post if I like, too. Mostly I just want people to post what they like.

Guess Taramarie's promise to be nice meant nothing.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

This song is awesome for its drum player. The beat has a complex rhythm.
---Value Added Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best 4T songs MillsT_98 67 68,383 02-15-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  the best songs ever: the lost years gabrielle 340 267,457 08-22-2021, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green