Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: ed93a774727dc331e848a7ba73964c7b1bf8c232...=800&h=458]
(01-10-2022, 01:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]German is the most common ancestry in northern middle America.

I have some, and a smattering of Dutch, French and Irish too, though I am mostly an ancestral Brit. I'm American for something like 8 to 10 generations on most of my lines. Doesn't that make me, uh, American?
You're an American by birth but that's about it these days. You're a self proclaimed Global Citizen today. So, what does that make you these days?
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit, Classic X'er, is far better than the bilge that you and Trump spew.
(01-19-2022, 06:42 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit, Classic X'er, is far better than the bilge that you and Trump spew.
What's that gibberish?
(01-19-2022, 01:39 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2022, 06:42 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit, Classic X'er, is far better than the bilge that you and Trump spew.

What's that gibberish?

Doesn't your browser have a translate function? It's "unity and justice and freedom" in German.
(01-19-2022, 12:45 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2022, 01:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]German is the most common ancestry in northern middle America.

I have some, and a smattering of Dutch, French and Irish too, though I am mostly an ancestral Brit. I'm American for something like 8 to 10 generations on most of my lines. Doesn't that make me, uh, American?
You're an American by birth but that's about it these days. You're a self proclaimed Global Citizen today. So, what does that make you these days?

It makes me up to date on the real nature of the world and society today.

To be a real America one practically be a global citizen because t5here are so many ways in which to be an American. A downside is that the world's favorite fake passport by country is the US passport due to the diversity of Americans. Get used to it, Classic X'er: diversity is here to stay in the Good Old USA.

(01-19-2022, 01:50 PM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]

What's that gibberish?

Doesn't your browser have a translate function?  It's "unity and justice and freedom" in German.

Classic X'er is intellectually lazy. First five words of the current German national anthem (third verse, the other two disused).
(01-19-2022, 02:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

To be a real America one practically be a global citizen because t5here are so many ways in which to be an American. A downside is that the world's favorite fake passport by country is the US passport due to the diversity of Americans. Get used to it, Classic X'er: diversity is here to stay in the Good Old USA.

What's that gibberish?

Doesn't your browser have a translate function?  It's "unity and justice and freedom" in German.

Classic X'er is intellectually lazy. First five words of the current German national anthem (third verse, the other two disused).
I speak English not German. American diversity has been around for a couple centuries now. How much difference is there between a black American and a white American and a Hispanic American these days? You don't think the black Americans or Hispanic Americans or Asian Americans value their individual freedoms and Constitutional rights as much as we do these days. If so, what makes you think that about them these days? Are you to wrapped up in Democratic politics to think any different today?  My daughter used to have a couple of Asian friends before identity politics forced them to give up they're friendship with her and other white women/white people their age. Does that sound good or sound right/normal to you? Does that look/ sound like diversity to you? Does that sound like the direction that the entire country should be moving these days?
(01-24-2022, 03:43 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2022, 02:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

What's that gibberish?

No. I speak English not German.

I don't really speak German; I am out of practice. This said, some things are easier to remember. Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit translate literally into... David Horn says it adequately. Considering that the the Nazis pitted Germans not in their criminal syndicate against each other, that "Nazi justice" was an oxymoron, and that the Germans had no freedom that the Party did not authorize, it is safe to figure that (1) the Nazis made little use of that verse of the Deutschlandlied, and (2) that it well fit the values of the anti-Nazi leadership of the Bundesrepublik.  

Note well that the British, French, and Americans did not recognize the formal independence if the German Federal Republic until it had super-solid safeguards of formal democracy that would absolutely prevent the rise of another dictatorship. Those safeguards are stronger than the US constitution.  When we Americans will be in a position in which to close the seams in our Constitution, we will be fools to not do so.

Quote: American diversity has been around for a couple centuries now. How much difference is there between a black American and a white American and a Hispanic American these days?

Enough to be more likely killed in an encounter with the police! Enough to more likely be poor if living in the same general area.

Quote:You don't think the black Americans value their individual freedoms and their Constitutional rights as much as we do these days. If so, what makes you think that about them these days? 

With blacks, the problem was that the white Establishment in some states trampled over those rights at every turn, especially when such a clause as "separate but equal" applied. Blacks have learned that lesson well, and recognize that Constitutional rights are far more reliable than the general goodness of white strangers.There are neo-Nazis in America who would be delighted to exterminate all blacks in the name of white power.

Quote:Are you to wrapped up in Democratic politics today?

Yes. So what!

Quote:  My daughter used to have a couple of Asian friends before identity politics forced them to give up they're friendship with her and other white women/white people their age. Does that sound good or sound right to you? Does that sound like diversity to you? Does that sound like the direction that the entire country should be moving these days?

Intermarriages between whites and Asians are still at high rates.
[Image: 1fbd2af8ebe7455d6715e9027c7a43f2165ac44b...=800&h=440]

What's that gibberish?

Nope.
I'd think Trump would want to get away from the idea that you should lock up the leader of the opposition...
(01-24-2022, 10:30 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd think Trump would want to get away from the idea that you should lock up the leader of the opposition...
Why should he? The Democrats haven't moved away from it yet. You are aware that Trump is the leader of the opposition right.
(01-24-2022, 10:38 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2022, 10:30 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd think Trump would want to get away from the idea that you should lock up the leader of the opposition...

Why should he? The Democrats haven't moved away from it yet. You are aware that Trump is the leader of the opposition right.

Essential to democracy is a meaningful opposition. The opposition is like competition in business: it tends to keep people honest.

He was.  Not clear at this point.

But the Republicans have had a few that hold the law in contempt, with Nixon and Trump as prime examples.  Break ins, insurrections, cover ups, tax evasion, pardons, insurance fraud, lies, manipulating elections...  It is tempting to get even, but the Republicans talk of locking people up for sending e-mails or getting elected while having skin pigmentation.  If you habitually break the law, you really shouldn't make a big deal about being a law and order candidate.  It is like the pot calling the glass of milk black.

I recognize Mitch McConnell as the #1 Republican figure in American politics.
(01-25-2022, 07:46 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: [ -> ]

He was.  Not clear at this point.

But the Republicans have had a few that hold the law in contempt, with Nixon and Trump as prime examples.  Break ins, insurrections, cover ups, tax evasion, pardons, insurance fraud, lies, manipulating elections...  It is tempting to get even, but the Republicans talk of locking people up for sending e-mails or getting elected while having skin pigmentation.  If you habitually break the law, you really shouldn't make a big deal about being a law and order candidate.  It is like the pot calling the glass of milk black.
He was and still is today. Bob, every American who isn't a partisan Democrat/ Left Wing hack knows that the Democrats are up to no good these days. Bob, you are not listening or using common sense or your senses and you're setting yourself up for an ugly (down right nasty) 4T. Does the American Heartland really give a shit about the condition of the Blue Northeast or Blue West Coast? Does the American Heartland really need either of them and all the issues and problems related to their self serving/mindless social policies? Bob, you are on the verge of being cutoff and left behind to rot and more or less self destruct at this point.
(01-25-2022, 09:50 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

If Mitch McConnell is the #1 Republican figure then why are the Democrats still going after Trump and targeting his supporters and insulting/threatening/attacking his base. Your words don't jive with the actions of the Democrats in power today. Go figure, you and the others always seem to be oblivious to the truth that millions upon millions of Americans can see as plain as day. Pb, you are a partisan blue hack that half the country will have the right to eliminate within a few years
(01-25-2022, 02:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

If Mitch McConnell is the #1 Republican figure then why are the Democrats still going after Trump and targeting his supporters and insulting/threatening/attacking his base.

Because Donald Trump's deeds have often been shown as overtly criminal! The people who stormed the Capitol at his behest act on behalf of Donald Trump, and not Mitch McConnell. Mitch McConnell has real power as the Senate Minority whip; Donald Trump has no power related to any elective office because he no longer holds elective office.

If you want to know who I consider the real monsters of American politics other than Trump, then I look at the Dark Money groups that serve as fronts for GOP politics in elections. They are the ones who would denounce Democrats as cannibals if they could get away with it. Demonization of an innocuous opponent is inappropriate practice. Save that for someone like ISIS leadership or Saddam Hussein.

I know enough about the Bible to recognize that the bearing of false witness is one of the violations of the Ten Commandments.

Quote: Your words don't (jibe) with the actions of the Democrats in power today.

We Democrats form no monolith. When Trump was President, most Republicans were in the tank with him.

Quote:Go figure, you and the others always seem to be oblivious to the truth that millions upon millions of Americans can see as plain as day. Pb, you are a partisan blue hack that half the country will have the right to eliminate within a few years

Fifth Amendment

Quote:No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

The Bill of Rights is the other set of Ten Commandments. You basically call for a lynching of me for having been on the other side of some political dispute. One must be charged with an overt crime to be put on trial.

Mass rage at someone for holding very different views from the majority is not good for a hanging.
(01-25-2022, 02:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

If Mitch McConnell is the #1 Republican figure then why are the Democrats still going after Trump and targeting his supporters and insulting/threatening/attacking his base. Your words don't jive with the actions of the Democrats in power today. Go figure, you and the others always seem to be oblivious to the truth that millions upon millions of Americans can see as plain as day. Pb, you are a partisan blue hack that half the country will have the right to eliminate within a few years

Perhaps that will happen, Classic. Perhaps not. Some pundits say that your half is catering to white men and white reactionaries, appealing to the extreme wing of which you are a member, instead of pursuing and persuading latino, black, women, asian and other voters from the middle or the other side-- even deceiving them with trickle-down neoliberal rhetoric that can be very tempting. They say in the long run that's a losing strategy in a nation in which white men are becoming the minority. Fear of being "replaced," even by Jews, the white, phony-christian minority is using whatever means they can to secure minority control, through gerrymandering, hacking elections, replacing election officials with party hacks, restricting the vote, threatening and intimidating voters and election officials like me; whatever they can do. In the short run it may work, but in the long run it may not. Trump, not McConnell, is the leader of this extreme but dominant wing of the Republicon Party, and that's why Democrats and government officials go after him. The only way to stop him may be to put him on trial and in jail, where he belongs.