Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-06-2018, 02:32 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2018, 09:34 PM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2018, 04:54 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2018, 11:07 AM)gabrielle Wrote: [ -> ]No mention here of Michelle Wolf's infamous and hilarious speech last week?
What? Another blue taking advantage of a free opportunity that was given to them to take a few cheap shots at the president and some major cheap shots at defenseless woman couldn't do much of anything other than sit there, try to control her emotions, keep her composer and remain professional because that's here job. Yeah, it's easy doing stuff like that to a woman like that but it's not viewed as nice by DECENT WOMEN. Blues have to be careful, EVERYONE is free today to vote as they now please for whatever reason or whatever issue matters to them regardless of your gender or fucking skin tone. Me, I would have treated her like a man. Blue women don't like being treated like a man. Blue women just prefer the benefits associated with being a man and the pay associated with being a man. What are blue women going to do when red women begin dominating women's politics and start treating them like men? You do know, Republican America is raising a generation of women right now with no support from government or special rules and protections that favor them.

If by “treating her like a man,” you mean treating a woman as an equal intellectually and holding her to the same moral standards that you would a man, then I am all for it--doesn't matter if she is “blue,” “red” or whatever color. Sarah Huckabee Sanders does not get a free pass because she is a woman. If she lies, she can expect to be called a liar. And if you invite a comedian the White House Correspondent's dinner, you can expect to get made fun of.
I meant treat her like a man as in no holds barred as far as emotions go. Over a decade ago, a large group of liberals picked a fight with a conservative who wasn't afraid to come down in morality and defeat them at their own game. The result of that direct all out confrontation "no holds barred" was the lack of decent liberals that you see here. BTW, you are  seeing it being done today by Donald Trump.

President Trump is a failure. He got power and has been using it in ways that hurt people in the name of his own self image.
(07-06-2018, 09:43 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]President Trump is a failure. He got power and has been using it in ways that hurt people in the name of his own self image.
I think he's been pretty successful so far despite all the resistance he has faced from your side and a portion of my side as well.
(07-06-2018, 04:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2018, 09:43 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]President Trump is a failure. He got power and has been using it in ways that hurt people in the name of his own self image.
I think he's been pretty successful so far despite all the resistance he has faced from your side and a portion of my side as well.

Did you see what happened to soybean futures? 

Farmers and ranchers usually vote Republican. They went from New Era Republicans in the late 1920s to New Deal Democrats by the early 1930s.

No, I did not see this coming, but when you start seeing approval ratings in the 30s for the President in Arkansas and Nebraska, the President has a big problem.
(07-06-2018, 04:25 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

Farmers and ranchers usually vote Republican. They went from New Era Republicans in the late 1920s to New Deal Democrats by the early 1930s.

No, I did not see this coming, but when you start seeing approval ratings in the 30s for the President in Arkansas and Nebraska, the President has a big problem.
So, you support the Chinese Government effort to sway the 2018 election results in your/their favor. From what I see here and else where, blues have a serious lack of character issue that extends from the top to the bottom. Now, if I were a never Trump Republican (a discard) , I'd exploit the opportunity and begin an effort to take over the leadership of the Democratic party which will place all the rotten eggs in one basket. Hint.....How many billions upon billions will have to be raised and spent by the Democrats to over come a strong candidate with a powerful message & signs of a commitment to keeping his word to a large segment of American society commonly referred to as the American working class. LIBERALS ARE A JOKE!!!!
(07-08-2018, 01:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

So, you support the Chinese Government effort to sway the 2018 election results in your/their favor. From what I see here and else where, blues have a serious lack of character issue that extends from the top to the bottom. Now, if I were a never Trump Republican (a discard) , I'd exploit the opportunity and begin an effort to take over the leadership of the Democratic party which will place all the rotten eggs in one basket. Hint.....How many billions upon billions will have to be raised and spent by the Democrats to over come a strong candidate with a powerful message & signs of a commitment to keeping his word to a large segment of American society commonly referred to as the American working class. LIBERALS ARE A JOKE!!!!

If the Russians think that they can get a better deal with Donald Trump as President and the Chinese think they can get a better deal with just about any Democrat as President, then why shouldn't the Chinese act upon our political system? Maybe more subtly and with more concern for plausible deniability... Trump apparently sold out to the Russians in full knowledge of what he was doing.

But let's talk about tariffs, taxes, and the farm-and-ranch vote. The farm-and-ranch vote is usually complacently and strongly Republican, and in some states (like Ohio, Florida, and Iowa) strong enough to make the difference in some statewide elections. Farmers and ranchers usually vote Republican because Republicans typically offer lower taxes. Farmers and ranchers are usually cash cows (pardon the pun!) for federal, state, and local taxes. Taxes are a big cost of farming and a big charge against earnings.

Tax cuts rarely fail to appeal to farmers and ranchers so long as those do not come at the cost of crop supports, water projects, and food stamps (food stamps are run by the Department of Agriculture, and farmers and ranchers do not want that goose to be killed to stop it from laying golden eggs for farmers, ranchers,  and food processors.  

Donald Trump may not have recognized that tariffs would hurt farmers and ranchers -- but farmers and ranchers know now. Farmers and ranchers vote their economic interests, and free trade might be enough to make them into Democratic voters long enough to prevent Republicans from holding onto the House of Representatives in 2018 and the Presidency in 2020 -- and the Senate in one of those two years. One of the most basic rules of (small l) liberal (small d) democratic politics is to not hurt supporters.

I wonder how many people who harvested crops last year will be wearing a "Make America Great Again") cap as they harvest their crops last year or two years ago. No, I am not talking about those caps that might  be replaced with "World Champion Indians 2018" caps in northern rural Ohio. Maybe it will be something more like "Too bad I can't use Trump lies as fertilizer!"

Policies that hurt farmers can cause them to change their ways of voting. Watch the Electoral College in 2020.

I feel sorry for people who voted for Trump and got the shaft. Soybean farmers are not the first, and they won't be the last.
(07-08-2018, 05:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]

If the Russians think that they can get a better deal with Donald Trump as President and the Chinese think they can get a better deal with just about any Democrat as President, then why shouldn't the Chinese act upon our political system? Maybe more subtly and with more concern for plausible deniability... Trump apparently sold out to the Russians in full knowledge of what he was doing.

But let's talk about tariffs, taxes, and the farm-and-ranch vote. The farm-and-ranch vote is usually complacently and strongly Republican, and in some states (like Ohio, Florida, and Iowa) strong enough to make the difference in some statewide elections. Farmers and ranchers usually vote Republican because Republicans typically offer lower taxes. Farmers and ranchers are usually cash cows (pardon the pun!) for federal, state, and local taxes. Taxes are a big cost of farming and a big charge against earnings.

Tax cuts rarely fail to appeal to farmers and ranchers so long as those do not come at the cost of crop supports, water projects, and food stamps (food stamps are run by the Department of Agriculture, and farmers and ranchers do not want that goose to be killed to stop it from laying golden eggs for farmers, ranchers,  and food processors.  

Donald Trump may not have recognized that tariffs would hurt farmers and ranchers -- but farmers and ranchers know now. Farmers and ranchers vote their economic interests, and free trade might be enough to make them into Democratic voters long enough to prevent Republicans from holding onto the House of Representatives in 2018 and the Presidency in 2020 -- and the Senate in one of those two years. One of the most basic rules of (small l) liberal (small d) democratic politics is to not hurt supporters.

I wonder how many people who harvested crops last year will be wearing a "Make America Great Again") cap as they harvest their crops last year or two years ago. No, I am not talking about those caps that might  be replaced with "World Champion Indians 2018" caps in northern rural Ohio. Maybe it will be something more like "Too bad I can't use Trump lies as fertilizer!"

Policies that hurt farmers can cause them to change their ways of voting. Watch the Electoral College in 2020.

I feel sorry for people who voted for Trump and got the shaft. Soybean farmers are not the first, and they won't be the last.
I thought Democrats are staunchly opposed to the idea of foreign powers meddling in our political process these days. I doubt most American ranchers and farmers are going to be hurt by the tariffs imposed by the CHINESE GOVERNMENT. I assume China must not be worried about its own ability to feed a billion Chinese. I wonder if North Korea or Vietnam would be interested in purchasing their soybeans instead of China. Yeah, this falls crop for China might be in doubt but next years crop will be sold and shipped to other markets. The Chinese elites are going to learn how little we ( the American people) care about them and the lives of the people under them. Evidently, the ones who for Trump thinking he was lying about getting tough on China who are angry and threatening to turn on him today for keeping his word should have voted for Clinton and higher taxes and the trade policies that blues with shifty values like you and most others (values that are used this way to get this or that way for that and so forth) were using against me a few years ago.

Me, I'm principled and my values don't shift with the wind or switch by the issue. OK. You've been showing America how f-d up, unreliable and largely uncaring you guys are about anything that isn't associated with the term liberal for a couple of years now. It's nothing new to me, I've been seeing it for over a decade and I've been pointing it out to lackadaisical Democratic voters for over a decade with a fair amount success. Like I said, what's left of the Bush era Republicans (the fascists of that time) are now coming your way and are taking seats on liberal news networks like CNN and MSNBC. As I've said, nature has its own way of sorting out people and nature is becoming the primary force at work today.
(07-09-2018, 11:22 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2018, 05:46 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2018, 04:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's been pretty successful so far despite all the resistance he has faced from your side and a portion of my side as well.

I thought Democrats are staunchly opposed to the idea of foreign powers meddling in our political process these days. I doubt most American ranchers and farmers are going to be hurt by the tariffs imposed by the CHINESE GOVERNMENT. I assume China must not be worried about its own ability to feed a billion Chinese. I wonder if North Korea or Vietnam would be interested in purchasing their soybeans instead of China. Yeah, this falls crop for China might be in doubt but next years crop will be sold and shipped to other markets. The Chinese elites are going to learn how little we ( the American people) care about them and the lives of the people under them. Evidently, the ones who for Trump thinking he was lying about getting tough on China who are angry and threatening to turn on him today for keeping his word should have voted for Clinton and higher taxes and the trade policies that blues with shifty values like you and most others (values that are used this way to get this or that way for that and so forth) were using against me a few years ago.

Me, I'm principled and my values don't shift with the wind or switch by the issue. OK. You've been showing America how f-d up, unreliable and largely uncaring you guys are about anything that isn't associated with the term liberal for a couple of years now. It's nothing new to me, I've been seeing it for over a decade and I've been pointing it out to lackadaisical Democratic voters for over a decade with a fair amount success. Like I said, what's left of the Bush era Republicans (the fascists of that time) are now coming your way and are taking seats on liberal news networks like CNN and MSNBC. As I've said, nature has its own way of sorting out people and nature is becoming the primary force at work today.

Tariffs foster trade wars. A long-standing consensus is that free trade is a good thing, and that tariffs are the worst sorts of taxes, the ones that vastly distort the overall economy to reward those entities that could never compete in a world market. Tariffs are, above all else, taxes -- bad taxes. There are better ways to raise taxes, like increasing tax rates on income.

Free markets don't always work as people want them to work. As it is with employment (think of all those humanities majors who have jobs as baristas and even domestic servants) so it is with production. We might as well let comparative advantage dictate that we do what we do comparatively better.

Few people saw how badly Donald Trump would abandon free trade; his statements on economics were muddled. But he's a landlord, and he has never had to manufacture anything. He knows less about economics than do many farmers, let alone high-tech or rust-belt industrialists, know about economics.

Gallup showed his weekly approval at 41% and disapproval at 56% most recently, so people on the whole are severely disappointed with what they have. This said, demagogues like Donald Trump who promise everything to everyone and use nebulous appeals with loaded language that even they might not fully understand rarely formulate a coherent policy in office. 41% approval and 56% disapproval is nothing new for this President. Obama never quite got there, reaching 43% approval as his low point.

I have noticed that MSNBC has been inviting many Republican dissidents with Trump to get on the air and has been treating them with kid gloves. Yes, MSNBC is decidedly to the Left -- but its news reporting is accurate, which is a great difference from FoX News. Credibility wins in the struggle between opposing views on politics. Remember that there have been conservatives who have cherished rational thought and logical process when such were the defenses against the Radical Left. The semi-fascist Right has pushed them aside because they do not fully accept the irrationality and viciousness of Movement Conservatism.

America will be far better off when it has moderate conservatives who offer reasoned appeals to tradition and respect for commercial institutions (that of course have cause to give the common man a stake in the economic order) as a default against political and cultural radicalism. Legal precedent, diplomatic protocol, law and order, sobriety, a work ethic, old standards of personal decency, and treatment of learning as a desirable object in itself merit defense when they are under attack. The liberals have learned this as if it were sudden revelation. Genuine conservatives have always known this, but the Hard Right has offered something very different.

Liberals may be adopting conservative values just as the Right offers demagoguery, unreason, mass resentments, crony capitalism, and anti-intellectualism. The American Right is adopting fascistic tendencies as means of achieving and consolidating power. Fascism is national ruin -- and if America goes fascist, fascism will bring destruction comparable at the least to that in Japan and Germany to America -- and over a wider area. Fascism will also bring national shame. America has a good record in Crisis Eras because it has typically had leaders with moral compass. Donald Trump has no moral compass, and that is even more dangerous than where he is on the Left-Right spectrum..
[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.fymy1-1.f...=600&h=550]
[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fme...=600&h=490]
...and our President should be an expert on fake news, having disseminated so much of it:

[Image: 8f81c365f8812acd92971740a7b9e7ec0f203118...=800&h=371]

Remember -- fake news is almost invariably either an unfounded rumor or a deliberate lie at its source.
(08-05-2018, 11:08 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]...and our President should be an expert on fake news, having disseminated so much of it:

Remember -- fake news is almost invariably either an unfounded rumor or a deliberate lie at its source.

Typically, the guilty accuse others of the same crimes they have committed themselves.
[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrooksandliars.com...=800&h=424]

allusion to Jurassic Park.
(08-08-2018, 04:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ][Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrooksandliars.com...=800&h=424]

I wonder who's face he's going to looking at/ worried about seeing in his rear view mirror within the next year or so?
(08-10-2018, 10:09 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2018, 04:28 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ][Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrooksandliars.com...=800&h=424]

I wonder who's face he's going to looking at/ worried about seeing in his rear view mirror within the next year or so?

In a culture of corruption, as under Donald Trump (a shady businessman, so that should be adequate warning), something always sticks. In a culture of non-corruption, dishonest behavior sticks out, and people who have a choice in acting honorably or dishonorably usually make the right choice. Robert Mueller has been extremely busy, and a government that facilitates rogues gives him copious material.

I recognize that you would like to portray Robert Mueller as an American version of Andrei Vishinsky and Roland Freisler, respective legal hatchet-men of Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler. Even so you must remember that someone like Robert Mueller does not reach the prominence that he does except if he has plenty of easy targets. The people being prosecuted are mostly connected to the President, but that happens in a climate of corruption.

When Obama was President, someone like Mueller was going after mobsters, people for whom most of us have little sympathy. Mobsters of course can do few money-making activities that have any honor attached. Any racket is likely to offend someone reckless enough to call the cops or DA.

The Trump Administration is a racket. But don't you think that Robert Mueller will be getting a bit old for this fairly soon -- as in January 21, 2021, when we have a new President?
(08-11-2018, 10:21 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2018, 10:09 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

In a culture of corruption, as under Donald Trump (a shady businessman, so that should be adequate warning), something always sticks. In a culture of non-corruption, dishonest behavior sticks out, and people who have a choice in acting honorably or dishonorably usually make the right choice. Robert Mueller has been extremely busy, and a government that facilitates rogues gives him copious material.

I recognize that you would like to portray Robert Mueller as an American version of Andrei Vishinsky and Roland Freisler, respective legal hatchet-men of Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler. Even so you must remember that someone like Robert Mueller does not reach the prominence that he does except if he has plenty of easy targets. The people being prosecuted are mostly connected to the President, but that happens in a climate of corruption.

When Obama was President, someone like Mueller was going after mobsters, people for whom most of us have little sympathy. Mobsters of course can do few money-making activities that have any honor attached. Any racket is likely to offend someone reckless enough to call the cops or DA.

The Trump Administration is a racket. But don't you think that Robert Mueller will be getting a bit old for this fairly soon -- as in January 21, 2021, when we have a new President?
As a US tax payer, I'm not impressed with him or the Republicans who are doing nothing/ saying nothing and going along in order to protect the integrity of an institution and a government that is now and always has been widely viewed as corrupt . Dude, the liberal blues and conservative pinks can fuck with you and fuck you over all they want because I have no emotional ties to you or the clueless blues who just don't seem to get it or be able to see it in general. Like I said, we may assist you with getting rid of some Republicans are viewed as expendable in the short term. The Senate is more important to us as far as the short term and a couple of years of watching a bunch of worthless blue dip shits making fools of themselves is beneficial to us as far as the long term.

BTW, you're never to old for going to prison and allowing this to play out as it is while hard facts and undeniable truths begin coming out is what we need to prompt the 4t era. I suggest that you start looking for a cozy tent to live in because you're going to need one like the poor blue bastards who have been flocking to blue cities are living in now.
(08-12-2018, 09:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2018, 10:21 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]....
As a US tax payer,

you have no authority that a welfare recipient or someone on Social Security has...

Quote:I'm not impressed with him or the Republicans who are doing nothing/ saying nothing and going along  in order to protect the integrity of an institution and a government  that is now and always has been widely viewed as corrupt .

Institutional integrity is worth the effort to create, enhance, preserve, protect, and should it ever come to that, restore. The Trump regime is the most corrupt Presidency in American history. Grant may have had some corrupt figures in his cabinet, but he got them out when they were exposed as such and got clean officials to replace them. Harding's Teapot Dome scandal  was small stuff compared to this. Donald Trump has filled the White House with fanatics and crooks... and the line between their fanaticism and venality is often blurry.

Pervasive corruption is not inevitable in American politics. Even the detractors of Barack Obama recognize that his Presidency had no room for corruption. Eight years without a scandal leading to an indictment? I wish that were the norm.

Making allowances for war (especially the Civil War and World War II), Donald Trump is the cruelest President since Andrew Jackson inflicted his Trail of Tears upon First Peoples in the American Southeast. His policies and even his language drip with cruelty.

Quote:Dude, the liberal blues and conservative pinks can (profanity redacted) with you and (profanity redacted) you over all they want because I have no emotional  ties to you or the clueless blues who just don't seem to get it or be able to see it in general. Like I said, we may assist you with getting rid of some Republicans are viewed as expendable in the short term. The Senate is more important to us as far as the short term and a couple of years of watching a bunch of worthless  blue dip shits making fools of themselves is beneficial to us as far as the long term.

I am too slight a figure to be a menace to the elites. I see an election in the House in which Republicans stand to lose as Democrats lost in 2010.  Republicans will recover, but it will take time. The Senate will be tougher for Democrats because the 2020 election is still the reflection of the wave election of 2006. and Democrats have at least three vulnerable incumbents. 

Quote:BTW, you're never to old for going to prison and allowing this to play out as it is while hard facts and undeniable truths begin coming out is what we need to prompt the 4t era. I suggest that you start looking for a cozy tent to live in because you're going to need one like the poor blue bastards who have been flocking to blue cities are living in now.

(a reference to Robert Mueller) -- I suspect that he does look in his rear-view mirror. The Trump regime is consummately ruthless and it has allies in very low places -- namely the Underworld. 

This 4T will culminate when people start deciding what the undeniable truths are. "We do not need a despotic King (George III) interfering in everything, and we cannot tolerate anarchy" fit the Crisis of 1780. "Slavery is incompatible with our democratic ideals" was the message of Abraham Lincoln in more and better words until the  world's second-greatest military power at the start of the Civil  War collapsed. "Government has responsibility for the overall direction of the economy, and fascism must die" was the consensus of the Crisis of 1940.

Neither of us knows what the consensus of the Crisis of 2020 will be. When we have a 55-45 split instead of a 51-49 split on core values, we will know what that consensus is. Maybe Donald Trump will grind us down so that we get to live only as serfs in a high-tech version of feudalism. Maybe he will show us through his many blunders what is necessary.

By the way -- I would rather that we spread the economic activity more evenly as it was in the 1950s. That would solve much of the "blue" and "red" divide in politics that is effectively regional.
Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said OK. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me – until she got fired!

-- our "Great and Infallible Leader"... who else?

OK, I have written and posted this elsewhere (Taegan Goddard's Political Wire)

Bright people do not ordinarily brag about high IQs. If anything, high intelligence can make one a misfit in a society in which political discourse, religion, advertising, and entertainment are usually directed at the dull-normal. If you have an IQ in the 130s (2 standard deviations [SD] away from the average at 100, one standard deviation being 15 points of IQ), then you are likely a misfit at most jobs, you find most entertainment boring (and you are selective about it -- let's hear it for J S Bach!), you find televangelism a sick joke, and you don't rely heavily upon advertising to make your choices. You consider stock phrases like "Make America Great Again" or "Put a Tiger in Your Tank" suspect, because you are likely to have a question about the meaning of something deliberately vague.

A 200 IQ? That's roughly 6 2/3 standard deviations. Measurement of people at that level is extremely rare.

Mensa membership is available for people at 2 standard deviations (roughly an IQ of 130 or higher, which is in the general range of professionals as adults). People with IQs above 130 are about 2% of the population, or about one in 22. A typical elementary-school classroom with 25 kids has a good chance of having a kid with such an IQ. Above 145? About a fourth of one percent, or about one in 370. There are less than a million such people in the USA.

Above 160 (four standard deviations)? The chance of someone having such an IQ is about one in 15,800. There are about 24,000 such people in the USA. At this point it is nearly impossible to find people who can make or validate tests of this level of intelligence.

Above 175? About 1 in 1.75 million. There are about 200 such people in the United States except for any programs that attract such people.

At 200? One chance in ten to one hundred billion, as the scale gets logarithmic.That such a person is alive is much in doubt at the low end and that such a person has ever been alive is practically unlikely. Besides, how would anyone know?

Smartest person who ever lived? I doubt that anyone would compare her to Carl Friedrich Gauss -- who would have certainly stayed clear of the madhouse known as the Trump Administration.

(In case you wonder, the productive geniuses are intensely focused and anything but lazy. If they are handled properly, which means letting them do what they want so long as it is a worthy effort, geniuses have every incentive for both focus and diligence).

...the real problem is that anyone with even rudimentary understanding of probability and statistics, let alone intelligence testing, would believe a claim of an IQ around 200. But Trump does not surround himself with people who might question his judgment based on stronger expertise than his.

https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/13/tru...qus_thread
(08-13-2018, 12:23 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2018, 09:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2018, 10:21 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]....
As a US tax payer,

you have no authority that a welfare recipient or someone on Social Security has...

Quote:I'm not impressed with him or the Republicans who are doing nothing/ saying nothing and going along  in order to protect the integrity of an institution and a government  that is now and always has been widely viewed as corrupt .

Institutional integrity is worth the effort to create, enhance, preserve, protect, and should it ever come to that, restore. The Trump regime is the most corrupt Presidency in American history. Grant may have had some corrupt figures in his cabinet, but he got them out when they were exposed as such and got clean officials to replace them. Harding's Teapot Dome scandal  was small stuff compared to this. Donald Trump has filled the White House with fanatics and crooks... and the line between their fanaticism and venality is often blurry.

Pervasive corruption is not inevitable in American politics. Even the detractors of Barack Obama recognize that his Presidency had no room for corruption. Eight years without a scandal leading to an indictment? I wish that were the norm.

Making allowances for war (especially the Civil War and World War II), Donald Trump is the cruelest President since Andrew Jackson inflicted his Trail of Tears upon First Peoples in the American Southeast. His policies and even his language drip with cruelty.

Quote:Dude, the liberal blues and conservative pinks can (profanity redacted) with you and (profanity redacted)  you over all they want because I have no emotional  ties to you or the clueless blues who just don't seem to get it or be able to see it in general. Like I said, we may assist you with getting rid of some Republicans are viewed as expendable in the short term. The Senate is more important to us as far as the short term and a couple of years of watching a bunch of worthless  blue dip shits making fools of themselves is beneficial to us as far as the long term.

I am too slight a figure to be a menace to the elites. I see an election in the House in which Republicans stand to lose as Democrats lost in 2010.  Republicans will recover, but it will take time. The Senate will be tougher for Democrats because the 2020 election is still the reflection of the wave election of 2006. and Democrats have at least three vulnerable incumbents. 

Quote:BTW, you're never to old for going to prison and allowing this to play out as it is while hard facts and undeniable truths begin coming out is what we need to prompt the 4t era. I suggest that you start looking for a cozy tent to live in because you're going to need one like the poor blue bastards who have been flocking to blue cities are living in now.

(a reference to Robert Mueller) -- I suspect that he does look in his rear-view mirror. The Trump regime is consummately ruthless and it has allies in very low places -- namely the Underworld. 

This 4T will culminate when people start deciding what the undeniable truths are. "We do not need a despotic King (George III) interfering in everything, and we cannot tolerate anarchy" fit the Crisis of 1780. "Slavery is incompatible with our democratic ideals" was the message of Abraham Lincoln in more and better words until the  world's second-greatest military power at the start of the Civil  War collapsed. "Government has responsibility for the overall direction of the economy, and fascism must die" was the consensus of the Crisis of 1940.

Neither of us knows what the consensus of the Crisis of 2020 will be. When we have a 55-45 split instead of a 51-49 split on core values, we will know what that consensus is. Maybe Donald Trump will grind us down so that we get to live only as serfs in a high-tech version of feudalism. Maybe he will show us through his many blunders what is necessary.

By the way -- I would rather that we spread the economic activity more evenly as it was in the 1950s. That would solve much of the "blue" and "red" divide in politics that is effectively regional.
Economic activity was way more limited ( primarily able bodied/minded males and a much smaller portion of able bodied/minded females and minorities) during the 1950's than it is today. Who all are you (blue males) competing with today that your mom and dad weren't competing with during the 1950's as far as the American work force? YOU ARE/WERE COMPETING WITH EVERYBODY WHO WORK IN THE SAME FIELD AS YOU. A WOMAN COULD REPLACE YOU. A MINORITY COULD BE CHOSEN INSTEAD OF YOU OR CHOSEN TO REPLACE YOU. Now, I don't run into female HVAC tech's or installers much in the HVAC field. I went to school with one during the 80's. As I recall, she was a pretty good trouble shooter and she was able to hold her own with males.

BTW, fascism abroad was tolerated until it's ally attacked us and forced it to declare war on us. You must have forgotten about that important fact. It's pretty hard to ignore a major attack and a couple of formal declarations of war made against you. The American blue is about the only American other than a complete idiot who is able to ignore them and continue on acting as if nothing significant has happened and nothing significant has changed at all.

I think you and every other blue should continue on your path of ignorance and eventual collision with a segment of the American population that aren't all that much different than those mean old bastards who rolled their eyes and talked down and never showed much interest in your group or seemed to care what happened to your group.
My 4000th post!

(08-13-2018, 10:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2018, 12:23 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]This 4T will culminate when people start deciding what the undeniable truths are. "We do not need a despotic King (George III) interfering in everything, and we cannot tolerate anarchy" fit the Crisis of 1780. "Slavery is incompatible with our democratic ideals" was the message of Abraham Lincoln in more and better words until the  world's second-greatest military power at the start of the Civil  War collapsed. "Government has responsibility for the overall direction of the economy, and fascism must die" was the consensus of the Crisis of 1940.

Economic activity was way more limited ( primarily able bodied/minded males and a much smaller portion of able bodied/minded females and minorities) during the 1950's than it is today. Who all are you (blue males) competing with today that your mom and dad weren't competing with during the 1950's as far as the American work force? YOU ARE/WERE COMPETING WITH EVERYBODY WHO WORK IN THE SAME FIELD AS YOU. A WOMAN COULD REPLACE YOU. A MINORITY COULD BE CHOSEN INSTEAD OF YOU OR CHOSEN TO REPLACE YOU. Now, I don't run into female HVAC tech's or installers much in the HVAC field. I went to school with one during the 80's. As I recall, she was a pretty good trouble shooter and she was able to hold her own with males.

In college in the 1950s a common joke about females in college was that they were seeking "Mrs" degrees, using college as a more fit time to seek out marriageable men (and college was back then more exclusively an elite phenomenon. She got a teaching degree  so that she could supplement her husband's meager early earnings while he was on the fast track to economic success or help him get through med school or law school. . Once he was established, she got pregnant and gave up teaching. If she were more elite she got a liberal arts degree as a supplement to his degree in the sciences, engineering, accountancy, etc.

As for minorities being more in the workforce -- for black graduates of high school in San Diego in 1951 the destination of the majority was domestic work. High-school graduation was still above average learning, which says much about expectations for blacks. Now when it comes to blacks in the South -- many were still farm labor. Asians were here in far smaller numbers. Hispanics? If they had jobs, then those were usually ill-paid, as in farm labor.

As for women competing with me for jobs -- brute force is rarely a bona fide occupatiional qualification (BFOQ) for most work.

Quote:BTW, fascism abroad was tolerated until it's ally attacked us and forced it to declare war on us. You must have forgotten about that important fact. It's pretty hard to ignore a major attack and a couple of formal declarations of war made against you. The American blue is about the only American other than a complete idiot who is able to ignore them and continue on acting as if nothing significant has happened and nothing significant has changed at all.

Americans did not war, but they certainly did not like Hitler, who offended one group of Americans after another for his brutality, violence, and racism.  It's easy to understand why Jews hated him from his first anti-Jewish statement. Then came German-American gentiles whose conservatism or liberalism clashed with Nazi ideology. Then came organized labor which hated the peonization of the German working class.  Czech-Americans are a small group to be offended by Nazi tyranny in early 1939, but there are far more Polish-Americans who had cause for rage after reports of Nazi atrocities.  Then one group of people by national origin after another -- Danes, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgians, French, Serbs, and Greeks.

African-Americans understood well that the Aryan ideal did not include them... especially when the Nazis' assertions of Aryan supremacy sounded little different from what the KKK said.

America has always had a large Anglophile  current due to cultural origins of America... and Churchill sounded more like a new Lincoln.

(I tried to get an image of Churchill with an image of Lincoln from WWII, but it did not take).

Quote:I think you and every other blue should continue on your path of ignorance and eventual collision with a segment of the American population that aren't all that much different than those mean old bastards who rolled their eyes and talked down and never showed much interest in your group or seemed to care what happened to your group.

We had the plurality in 2016 for President and still lost. We had the plurality for the US House and Senate in 2012 and still lost. Your side's luck may be running out because it lacks the decency to hold onto adequate support.

Millions show in approval polls that they already regret voting for Donald Trump.
Worth a little review. Hilarious! Let's clean that coal!