Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: The Partisan Divide on Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-26-2021, 09:07 AM)David Horn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 04:26 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2021, 01:39 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]You're lucky we are talking on the internet. In real life, I would have wiped that silly smile off your face. So, how do you feel about ending up on a cold slab or being left to rot on a street?

Well, I will end up something like that anyway in 10-30 years. And although you may prefer violence to defend your cultural ID, our side will not need to operate on yours that way. We will just prevail democratically, and you will just have to painlessly go along for a while with the new consensus and get more educated, at least to some extent. 

Meanwhile, I suppose you plan to defend your cultural ID by joining a militia. Or are you really going to put your body where your mouth is? Your militias will have to be put down violently, if they are violent; but that should be comparatively easy, and if you are violent alone or within this militia, you could end up on a cold slab or being left to rot on a street, or in jail for a long time, and your guns taken away. Perhaps re-education camps will do the trick to deprogram you? Who knows.

I suspect a lot of rhetoric and little to no action as the response to the white-right slowly losing power.  Are there alwasy a few violent radicals on the fringe?  Sure, but Classic doesn't seem cut out to be one of them.  People with much to lose tend to temper their actions.

The white racists of the "Aryan Nations" era are aging into irrelevance if not irrelevance. As an example, fascist pig David DuKKKe is now 71. Fascist pig Tom Metzger died last year at age 82. They seem to have not fathered progeny to continue their tradition. Any such tradition is too troublesome for what little it offers. 

Even with the fantastically-immature yet nearly-senile Donald Trump (I have known people like that, and typically they are alcoholics who don't get the message until they are near death from cirrhosis) as President, Americans on the whole are growing up. Neo-Nazis and KKK creeps are more a sick joke than a menace.  

There is always a rearguard defense of traditions whose nastiness remains and lose attractiveness because the world changes and neither the traditions nor their exponents do -- until the people die off. Classic X'er seems like the rearguard defense of ways. Means? I don't know. I suggested that he get help from the mental-health system. Surprisingly that works better on people who are under stress and do not fit one of the diagnostic criteria of the DMS-V than on people with chemical dependency, low intelligence, narcissism, autism, ADHD, or extreme disorders of character. Pastoral counseling might work in his case. 

One need not be crazy to do crazy things -- not to be confused with theatrical performances or their simulation. Enmeshing oneself in a violent and bigoted culture such as the KKK is a bad idea, of course. Self-hate may be an issue, as in the fellow who is one-eighth black and hates that part of him and thus aligns with white racists. (OK, none of us can choose our ancestors, but most of us can choose our behaviors).  Adolf Hitler, Reinhard Heydrich, and Adolf Eichmann all dealt with rumors of Jewish ancestry that scared them... in the worst possible way.
(08-25-2021, 01:39 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2021, 07:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2021, 04:44 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2021, 01:58 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]We'll have to chain you to the operating table! Don't worry, you'll feel better after the operation. I promise! Smile
Like I said, go ahead make my day.

We will....
You're lucky we are talking on the internet. In real life, I would have wiped that silly smile off your face. So, how do you feel about ending up on a cold slab or being left to rot on a street?

Well, I will end up something like that anyway in 10-30 years. And although you may prefer violence to defend your cultural ID, our side will not need to operate on yours that way. We will just prevail democratically, and you will just have to painlessly go along for a while with the new consensus and get more educated, at least to some extent. 

Meanwhile, I suppose you plan to defend your cultural ID by joining a militia. Or are you really going to put your body where your mouth is? Your militias will have to be put down violently, if they are violent; but that should be comparatively easy, and if you are violent alone or within this militia, you could end up on a cold slab or being left to rot on a street, or in jail for a long time, and your guns taken away. Perhaps re-education camps will do the trick to deprogram you? Who knows.
You could easily end up something like that within a decade. I could join the militia aka Army or go it alone (one man wrecking ball) so to speak or hookup with a group ( a group of individual wrecking balls) when the time comes. The blue tribe has already made millions of mortal enemies dude. Like I've mentioned, we live all over the country these days. BTW, there was a time when the blue could have changed America democratically but that was a long time ago.
(08-25-2021, 01:39 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]You're lucky we are talking on the internet. In real life, I would have wiped that silly smile off your face. So, how do you feel about ending up on a cold slab or being left to rot on a street?

I suspect a lot of rhetoric and little to no action as the response to the white-right slowly losing power.  Are there alwasy a few violent radicals on the fringe?  Sure, but Classic doesn't seem cut out to be one of them.  People with much to lose tend to temper their actions.
You're right, the white-right losing the power it already lost many years ago isn't the problem/threat that the blue tribe and it's Democratic leaders are facing today. What you (the blue tribe) and the Democrats are actually facing is the very distinct possibility of a large scale American revolt. I don't know if you're aware (partisan hacks have a hard time seeing and hearing clearly) but the Democratic party is our government right now and it's functioning more like a third world dictatorship functions right now.
(08-26-2021, 06:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

You're right, the white-right losing the power it already lost many years ago isn't the problem/threat that the blue tribe and it's Democratic leaders are   facing today. What you (the blue tribe) and the Democrats are actually  facing is the very  distinct possibility of  a large scale American revolt. I don't know if you're aware (partisan hacks have a hard time seeing and hearing clearly) but the Democratic party is our government right now and it's functioning more  like a third world dictatorship functions right now.

Revolt? Nah. We'll just issue your lazy bums food stamps and make cable TV or its virtual equivalent cheap enough that your kind will beperfectly happy to vegetate in front of the Idiot Screen and get fat on chips and sodas.
(08-26-2021, 06:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

You're right, the white-right losing the power it already lost many years ago isn't the problem/threat that the blue tribe and it's Democratic leaders are facing today. What you (the blue tribe) and the Democrats are actually  facing is the very  distinct possibility of a large scale American revolt. I don't know if you're aware (partisan hacks have a hard time seeing and hearing clearly) but the Democratic party is our government right now and it's functioning more like a third world dictatorship functions right now.

If your white-right side has lost power, then the "American revolt" which they would mount has lost some of its potential punch too, if it occurs. 

Since the Democratic Party's power might result in raising some taxes on your wealthy heroes (but which it hasn't so far), and that's always what you think is "dictatorial" (even though it hasn't happened yet), then you must be admitting that your side could be said to function like a third-world country. In fact, observers of places like Alabama, so bigly mis-ruled by your side, is just like one of those places. Indeed, it is.
(08-26-2021, 10:20 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]If your white-right side has lost power, then the "American revolt" which they would mount has lost some of its potential punch too, if it occurs. 

Since the Democratic Party's power might result in raising some taxes on your wealthy heroes (but which it hasn't so far), and that's always what you think is "dictatorial" (even though it hasn't happened yet), then you must be admitting that your side could be said to function like a third-world country. In fact, observers of places like Alabama, so bigly mis-ruled by your side, is just like one of those places. Indeed, it is.
I'm not on the white right side. Dave's wise enough to figure that out, what's your problem?
(08-27-2021, 12:51 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2021, 10:20 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]If your white-right side has lost power, then the "American revolt" which they would mount has lost some of its potential punch too, if it occurs. 

I'm not on the white right side. Dave's wise enough to figure that out, what's your problem?

Of course you are. If not you, then who?

You threaten violence rather than give up your culture of right-wing hate, and you talk of an "American Revolt" that's going to get us lefties. I would call that white-right, even if you are not a neo-Nazi or KKK specifically. The white right as I see it is the entire Trump faction and most neo-liberals and trickle-downers too (since the latter respond to the racist dog whistles of anti-welfare/anti-immigrant and self-reliance memes and rhetoric), and you certainly believe in and spout it all.
Here is a foreign-made documentary on American racism. It's two parts:

One group similar to the KKK has been outlawed in Germany for 76 years.
(08-27-2021, 03:46 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]

You threaten violence rather than give up your culture of right-wing hate, and you talk of an "American Revolt" that's going to get us lefties. I would call that white-right, even if you are not a neo-Nazi or KKK specifically. The white right as I see it is the entire Trump faction and most neo-liberals and trickle-downers too (since the latter respond to the racist dog whistles of anti-welfare/anti-immigrant and self-reliance memes and rhetoric), and you certainly believe in and spout it all.
Right wing hate? I've seen far more examples and demonstrations of Left Wing hate than I've seen Right Wing hate so far. You've been peddling hate and instilling hate for how long now? How many years have I been saying that you're stupid for doing it and referring to you as a dead man? So, how far do you live from the white haters/ American haters that you and the others have played an active role in creating and maintaining over the years? As far as violence, violence has already been used by the Left and it's now on the table so to speak. So, it's just a matter of time before the American Right starts using it too. Basically, what's good for the gander is good for the goose mutually applies and only a Libtard or blue triber would view that standard as wrong or unfair these days.
(08-27-2021, 12:38 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

Right wing hate? I've seen far more examples and demonstrations of Left Wing hate than I've seen Right Wing hate so far. You've been peddling hate and instilling hate for how long now? How many years have I been saying that you're stupid for doing it and referring to you as a dead man? So, how far do you live from the white haters/ American haters that you and the others have played an active role in creating and maintaining over the years? As far as violence, violence has already been used by the Left and it's now on the table so to speak. So, it's just a matter of time before the American Right starts using it too. Basically, what's good for the gander is good for the goose mutually applies and only a Libtard or blue triber would view that standard as wrong or unfair these days.

Most of the Left "violence" after Floyd's death was created by provocateurs from the right, and by young African Americans who just acted out of frustration with the behavior of your police. As Brower pointed out, "Before George Floyd’s death, the KKK, the Neo Nazi and Antifa seemed to enjoy having fist fights with each other. Before and after, bad cops would murder minorities. Nuts would shoot up a social club, or drive though a crowd. Rural racists would pile into pick up trucks and shoot paint balls into protestors. Folks plotted to kidnap and kill a governor. Then there was the racist organizations in the January 6th insurrection." Violence from your side is incomparably worse. 

"In each crisis, the greatest flaw in the culture is removed.  You might think of yourself as representing the greatest flaw in the culture." Your white-right culture needs to be removed or defanged, and voted out of office. You say, "it's just a matter of time before the American Right starts using it too. Basically, what's good for the gander is good for the goose mutually applies and only a Libtard or blue triber would view that standard as wrong or unfair these days." So, don't say that you are not part of that potential white-right violent revolt, whatever excuse you might use.

Meanwhile, most of the people I hang out with these days sing about unity and kumbaya and speak about reverence for diversity, and most of them are white. You call it hate because it might threaten YOUR hate.
(08-27-2021, 07:10 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a foreign-made documentary on American racism. It's two parts:

So, what do the foreigners think about the Critical Race Theory that being pushed by the Democrats and already being taught by Democrats in some of our public schools? It's not invisible or hush, hush? So, what do you think as a Democrat, do you think the lower profile white supremacists  and the racist blacks who are cloaked by their association with goodness that are currently pushing it and hell bent on teaching it are really any better then them? Hey, you may have the sole of one of those Germans who died for the Third Reich. That could explain way you're life's been fruitless and shitty compared to me and so many other Americans these days.
Critical Race Theory is not so clear-cut as Classic Xer says. His resistance to it gives evidence of his own racism.

What is Critical Race Theory (CRT)?

"Does critical race theory say all white people are racist? Isn’t that racist, too?

Is “critical race theory” a way of understanding how American racism has shaped public policy, or a divisive discourse that pits people of color against white people? Liberals and conservatives are in sharp disagreement.

The topic has exploded in the public arena this spring—especially in K-12, where numerous state legislatures are debating bills seeking to ban its use in the classroom.

In truth, the divides are not nearly as neat as they may seem. The events of the last decade have increased public awareness about things like housing segregation, the impacts of criminal justice policy in the 1990s, and the legacy of enslavement on Black Americans. But there is much less consensus on what the government’s role should be in righting these past wrongs. Add children and schooling into the mix and the debate becomes especially volatile......

The theory says that racism is part of everyday life, so people—white or nonwhite—who don’t intend to be racist can nevertheless make choices that fuel racism.

Some critics claim that the theory advocates discriminating against white people in order to achieve equity. They mainly aim those accusations at theorists who advocate for policies that explicitly take race into account. (The writer Ibram X. Kendi, whose recent popular book How to Be An Antiracist suggests that discrimination that creates equity can be considered anti-racist, is often cited in this context.)

Fundamentally, though, the disagreement springs from different conceptions of racism. CRT puts an emphasis on outcomes, not merely on individuals’ own beliefs, and it calls on these outcomes to be examined and rectified. Among lawyers, teachers, policymakers, and the general public, there are many disagreements about how precisely to do those things, and to what extent race should be explicitly appealed to or referred to in the process.

Here’s a helpful illustration to keep in mind in understanding this complex idea. In a 2007 U.S. Supreme Court school-assignment case on whether race could be a factor in maintaining diversity in K-12 schools, Chief Justice John Roberts’ opinion famously concluded: “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.” But during oral arguments, then-justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said: “It’s very hard for me to see how you can have a racial objective but a nonracial means to get there.” "

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/what-i...ck/2021/05

Which 5 states have banned CRT, and which states have bills introduced to do so?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/map-...s-n1271215
(08-27-2021, 12:38 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]

Right wing hate? I've seen far more examples and demonstrations of Left Wing hate than I've seen Right Wing hate so far. You've been peddling hate and instilling hate for how long now? How many years have I been saying that you're stupid for doing it and referring to you as a dead man? So, how far do you live from the white haters/ American haters that you and the others have played an active  role in creating and maintaining over the years? As far as violence, violence has already been used by the Left and it's now on the table so to speak. So, it's just a matter of time before the American Right starts using it too. Basically, what's good for the gander is good for the goose mutually applies and only a Libtard or blue triber would view that standard as wrong or unfair these days.

Hate? Or resistance to abuse, humiliation, and outright danger? People do not have a "right" to resist abuse, humiliation, and danger; if they are to have any dignity at all as people they must resist it. To expect otherwise on grounds of ethnicity, class, religion, or sexual identity is bigotry.  History has shown two general forms of bigotry. One is the belief that the pariahs who do better do so due to their devious, immoral, or conspiratorial ways. Nazi antisemitism operated on the assumption that the Jews were grossly immoral and posed the threat of becoming an oppressive ruling class if they were not stopped. In general I can refute that by saying that there was nothing wrong with the German and Austrian people between 1933 and 1945 that Judaism would not have solved. Asian minorities often experience that. The other racism is lowered expectations with a refusal to believe that the "lesser" people can participate fully in economic and social life (including marriage), and that any desire of the "lesser" people even as an outlier to so participate is a grave crime against the social mores. That is KKK-style or Apartheid-style racism, and if it doesn't lead to gas chambers it can excuse some vile behavior by the supposedly-superior Master Race. Note that in the second documentary one Ku Klux Klan leader said "I don't believe in segregation; I believe in slavery".   

White privilege is real. It doesn't solve every personal problem; it can't offset mental illness, criminality, stupidity, laziness, addiction, isolation, or poverty. The absolute color bar that ensured that a top-notch black professor could not teach in a "white" university or matriculate there as a student is no more. If you know something about what I have, Asperger's syndrome, then you would recognize as I do that it can mess up one's life badly. In the fantastic event that the cure for my personal problems in life could have been solved with "melanin therapy" that would have made me black, then I would have taken it. I'd rather have good facial recognition (its lack is a big social problem), have facial expressions that match my words (which makes my credibility suspect), and deliver me from some troublesome eccentricities that can make me seem an obnoxious twit, then I would. With Asperger's I am nothing more than my intellect. I would never give that up, as that is all that allows me to have any individuality at all. 

If you are a decent white person, then you do not need white privilege. If you want to pretend that you are better than some black person because you are white, then you need white privilege to salve your hurt feelings. The KKK offers that for expensive dues and certain expectations. One Imperial Wizard expects members of his Klan to buy an insurance policy from a shady outfit that he owns and operates. That insurance company does not operate as a normal life-insurance company does; it is the slush fund for the Grand Dragon who lives like a king. On the other hand you can be an extreme low-life and economic loser, even an ex-con, and feel yourself superior to "uppity n---ers" who don't know their "rightful" (that is, subordinate) place in the grand scheme of things.   

In general, people in my part of the political spectrum eschew violence except in self or national defense and as a necessary part of law enforcement. People like me may not be pure pacifists, but we all dream of a world in which people recognize violence and its threat as unthinkable. I have no problem with the underworld-style hit that Barack Obama did upon Osama bin Laden. I can imagine no viable response to the Nazi menace of eighty years ago except a resolute military response. If someone's pet dog mauls a burglar, mugger, or rapist, then good for the dog! (Just take a look at a Rottweiler and recognize that as a potential for causing death or severe injury, all that keeps if from being "the Other Big Cat" is good behavior -- yours and that of the dog. The stated position of Black Lives Matter that isn't that black people should get away with violent crimes; it is instead that police need to change their behaviors that allow them to see black suspects or even the wrong black person as a dangerous criminal.  

We are still accountable for our character. Color is not an excuse for bad behavior, and especially outright criminality. I'd say that Barack Obama was an above-average President, enough so that all that keeps him from being a model for the next effective conservative as President is that he is not a conservative. Much of his strength as President was to fill his staff with people of solid character, people who didn't take extreme and destructive risks and who automatically rejected the abuse of power even if they weren't flunkies. A conservative with Obama's character isn't going to bait liberals, will not suffer corruption, and will expect people to say HELL NO! to him in the rare instance that he be wrong. Donald Trump would have been a disaster as President if he instead offered a liberal boilerplate as ideology because he supposedly knows more than such highly-skilled and experienced experts, takes pointless risks, baits people for no apparent reason (he did this even to fellow conservatives!), supports cronyism, and over-reacts to real or imagined slights. I prefer those pols who act in accordance with the norms of Judeo-Christian morality in marital life and commerce, at which Donald Trump has failed badly all his life. Usually that is not much of a distinction in a Presidential election. I did have a problem with Bill Clinton's sexcapades... but Donald Trump goes far beyond those. 

Beware projection. Projection is the ego defense in which one attributes to real or imagined dangerous, exploitative, or destructive behavior to others that one has the desire to do oneself. In the crudest illustration a bank robber claims that "banks are the worst crooks of all". It was commonplace in "Ku Kluxistan" for white men to rape black girls and women or to otherwise exploit them cheaply for sex. People who did that could easily imagine black men seeking much the same, differing only in the illegality of even an interracial marriage. In "Ku Kluxistan" (read Black Like Me, in which a white man goes through a selected part of the South as a white man and then changes his skin color through dyes to look black) and finds out from the same white people what they do to blacks. Among things that Griffin discovered was that white men often went to bathrooms of "colored women" and put up graffiti that solicited sex with white men, and that they often discussed the fear that black men had bigger and harder penises. For the even more murderous sort of racism, everything that Hitler said about the Jews was absolutely true... about himself and of leading Nazis! 

The fascistic part of the American Hard Right is already deeply invested in violence. It has bombed mosques and synagogues. It has assassinated people. Even if the most fanatical part of the pro-Trump cult isn't as overtly racist as the KKK or neo-Nazis (as if there is any meaningful difference between Kluxers and Nazi scum anymore) it did its own "ultra-violence" on January 6 of this year in the Capitol building.  

Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. had his dream in which people would judge people not by the color of their skin but instead by the content of their character. Judging people by the content of their character can still be quite harsh. Color is not a choice unless one is John Howard  "Black Like Me" Griffin for admirable reasons or Rachel Dolezal for reasons that I don't fully understand... or people who successfully "pass" as white because they get some advantage for doing so and can. Character is a choice, and Donald Trump chose badly.
(08-27-2021, 01:30 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 07:10 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a foreign-made documentary on American racism. It's two parts:

So, what do the foreigners think about the Critical Race Theory that being pushed by the Democrats and already being taught by Democrats in some of our public schools? It's not invisible or hush, hush? So, what do you think as a Democrat, do you think the lower profile white supremacists  and the racist blacks who are cloaked by their association with goodness that are currently pushing it and hell bent on teaching it are really any better then them? Hey, you may have the sole of one of those Germans who died for the Third Reich. That could explain way you're life's been fruitless and shitty compared to me and so many other Americans these days.

I'm not a foreigner, so I cannot speak for them. I can speak for myself. 

Racism does horrible things. I think you know what organization and its memes are outlawed in Germany. and why. The KKK is similar, and many of its symbols are banned as neo-Nazi symbols. 

...I do not believe in reincarnation. Plenty of Germans died for the Third Reich as ordinary soldiers, sailors, and airmen who had no idea of what they were fighting to defend as well as their nation and are thus innocent. I do not fault them. I fault the paramilitary groups, concentration-camp staff, and the Nazi Party hierarchy who have an extended stay in Hell for all that. 

What's your excuse for being a thoroughly-miserable person? Who did something truly terrible to you?
(08-27-2021, 12:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the Left "violence" after Floyd's death was created by provocateurs from the right, and by young African Americans who just acted out of frustration with the behavior of your police. As Brower pointed out, "Before George Floyd’s death, the KKK, the Neo Nazi and Antifa seemed to enjoy having fist fights with each other. Before and after, bad cops would murder minorities. Nuts would shoot up a social club, or drive though a crowd. Rural racists would pile into pick up trucks and shoot paint balls into protestors. Folks plotted to kidnap and kill a governor. Then there was the racist organizations in the January 6th insurrection." Violence from your side is incomparably worse. 

"In each crisis, the greatest flaw in the culture is removed.  You might think of yourself as representing the greatest flaw in the culture." Your white-right culture needs to be removed or defanged, and voted out of office. You say, "it's just a matter of time before the American Right starts using it too. Basically, what's good for the gander is good for the goose mutually applies and only a Libtard or blue triber would view that standard as wrong or unfair these days." So, don't say that you are not part of that potential white-right violent revolt, whatever excuse you might use.

Meanwhile, most of the people I hang out with these days sing about unity and kumbaya and speak about reverence for diversity, and most of them are white. You call it hate because it might threaten YOUR hate.
Are you saying Nancy, Chuck, Kamala. Maxine, AOC, Omar, Talib, Al Sharpton, Antifa and BLM leaders were actually Right Wing provocateurs because that's who we saw using inflammatory rhetoric and inciting the riots, fanning the flames, cheering them on, making sorry ass excuses for them and even bailing them out. So, what's your real problem? I wonder why the mound of rubble that you're on that you've portrayed as a mountain is on the verge of collapsing? We may prolong the inevitable for a few more years to allow time for our people to get out of Dodge before its to late.
(08-27-2021, 03:41 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a foreigner, so I cannot speak for them. I can speak for myself. 

Racism does horrible things. I think you know what organization and its memes are outlawed in Germany. and why. The KKK is similar, and many of its symbols are banned as neo-Nazi symbols. 

...I do not believe in reincarnation. Plenty of Germans died for the Third Reich as ordinary soldiers, sailors, and airmen who had no idea of what they were fighting to defend as well as their nation and are thus innocent. I do not fault them. I fault the paramilitary groups, concentration-camp staff, and the Nazi Party hierarchy who have an extended stay in Hell for all that. 

What's your excuse for being a thoroughly-miserable person? Who did something truly terrible to you?
Are you sure you're not more of a German than an American these days? I'm not a miserable person. I'm pretty content with my life overall. How many times have you seen me post something about my miserable life? I've seen you do it a lot over the years but you've never seen me doing it here. So, what's your excuse for being a miserable person? You can't blame Asperger's, I know people with Asperger's who aren't miserable people.
(08-27-2021, 04:11 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 12:47 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the Left "violence" after Floyd's death was created by provocateurs from the right, and by young African Americans who just acted out of frustration with the behavior of your police. As Brower pointed out, "Before George Floyd’s death, the KKK, the Neo Nazi and Antifa seemed to enjoy having fist fights with each other. Before and after, bad cops would murder minorities. Nuts would shoot up a social club, or drive though a crowd. Rural racists would pile into pick up trucks and shoot paint balls into protestors. Folks plotted to kidnap and kill a governor. Then there was the racist organizations in the January 6th insurrection." Violence from your side is incomparably worse. 

Are you saying Nancy, Chuck, Kamala. Maxine, AOC, Omar, Talib, Al Sharpton, Antifa and BLM leaders were actually Right Wing provocateurs because that's who we  saw using inflammatory rhetoric and inciting the riots, fanning the flames, cheering them on, making sorry ass  excuses for them and even  bailing them out. So, what's your real problem? I wonder why the mound of rubble that you're on that you've portrayed as a mountain is on the verge of collapsing? We may prolong the inevitable for a few more years to allow time for our people to get out of Dodge before its to late.

No, they weren't doing that, and no, the provocateurs were young right-wingers who fanned the violence on-site, and yes, there were good reasons for black people to be angry. If you don't know why, you are deaf and blind. BLM is a non-violent movement that says that Black Lives Matter. Antifa is anti-fascism and confronts fascists. The focus needs to be on the problem, not on complaining about protests against the problem.

"Dodge" is our whole planet, on the verge of becoming uninhabitable for us because of your neo-liberal, trickle-down philosophy that lets the polluters off the hook in the name of less government and free enterprise. There's really no way for us to get out of it.

Critical race theory is needed to show how racism has become embedded in our society, through red-lining/environmental racism, racial profiling/criminal and police injustice, and the wealth gap/discrimination, etc. This is part of our history. It should be taught in schools, but that doesn't mean that specific remedies are taught. It's probably against the law to lobby students to support particular legislation, and what to do about this "systemic racism" remains up for debate and consideration. Trump-type Republicans generally don't want to do anything about it, and are reluctant to even be informed about it.
(08-27-2021, 05:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2021, 03:41 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a foreigner, so I cannot speak for them. I can speak for myself. 

Are you sure you're not more of a German than an American these days? I'm not a miserable person. I'm pretty content with my life overall. How many times have you seen me post something about my miserable life? I've seen you do it a lot over the years  but you've never seen me doing it here. So, what's your excuse for being a miserable person? You can't blame Asperger's, I know people with Asperger's who aren't miserable people.

I do believe in reincarnation, and I don't believe in Hell. I doubt that being successful in America is necessarily a mark of virtue or testifies to the correctness of one's political ideas. Classic Xer may be happy with his life, but his ideas center on resentment and fear. That part of his life is not really very happy or contented.
(08-27-2021, 03:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: [ -> ]White privilege is real. It doesn't solve every personal problem; it can't offset mental illness, criminality, stupidity, laziness, addiction, isolation, or poverty. The absolute color bar that ensured that a top-notch black professor could not teach in a "white" university or matriculate there as a student is no more. If you know something about what I have, Asperger's syndrome, then you would recognize as I do that it can mess up one's life badly. In the fantastic event that the cure for my personal problems in life could have been solved with "melanin therapy" that would have made me black, then I would have taken it. I'd rather have good facial recognition (its lack is a big social problem), have facial expressions that match my words (which makes my credibility suspect), and deliver me from some troublesome eccentricities that can make me seem an obnoxious twit, then I would. With Asperger's I am nothing more than my intellect. I would never give that up, as that is all that allows me to have any individuality at all. 

If you are a decent white person, then you do not need white privilege. If you want to pretend that you are better than some black person because you are white, then you need white privilege to salve your hurt feelings. The KKK offers that for expensive dues and certain expectations. One Imperial Wizard expects members of his Klan to buy an insurance policy from a shady outfit that he owns and operates. That insurance company does not operate as a normal life-insurance company does; it is the slush fund for the Grand Dragon who lives like a king. On the other hand you can be an extreme low-life and economic loser, even an ex-con, and feel yourself superior to "uppity n---ers" who don't know their "rightful" (that is, subordinate) place in the grand scheme of things.   
White privilege only applies to some white people and the majority of them are Liberal Democrats these days. Take Pelosi for example, it's hard to deny that she's not related to white privilege. She looks like white privilege, acts like white privilege and talks like white privilege. I'm pretty sure she functions and controls people like the white privileged too. As far as advantage, we have advantages poorer people like you and most immigrants these days. We don't have a language barrier or parents clinging to old traditions related to where ever they came from and so forth. We can afford computers, laptops, smart phones and cable. I agree that they're all a bunch of pompous shits who You go out in the real world and talk with some real people and you will learn that very few whites associate themselves and associate whatever they own or accomplished with white privilege. A wife of a friend who tends to repeat what she hears on Democratic related channels said the same thing to me a while ago. Like you, she repeats Democratic talking points without using any thought. I don't know if she was aware of my intelligence level or not. I mean, I talk like an average guy most of the time but I am capable of have a more intelligent and sophisticated conversation or college level discussion which she learned rather quickly.
(08-27-2021, 10:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe in reincarnation, and I don't believe in Hell. I doubt that being successful in America is necessarily a mark of virtue or testifies to the correctness of one's political ideas. Classic Xer may be happy with his life, but his ideas center on resentment and fear. That part of his life is not really very happy or contented.
I'd say the ideas that are centered on resentment and fear are related to you at this point. I'm not held back by fear and I don't hold resentment either. How many years have you been playing on fear and resentment?